Ideas & Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

And then, why City States have got the SAME FRICKIN' TROOP TREE?
Med Inf - Heavy Inf - Cavalry - Élite Inf
                                    \ Crappy Xbows
More variety please before doing more features

Madijeis said:
This mod is incredibly buggy, the fact that EVERY FRICKIN' FEATURE in this mod is bugged, from the village management to the crusade. Ah , talking about THE crusade, why there aren't more than one, because in THE EARLY GAME PLAYERS REALLY CAN'T JOIN THE CRUSADE AS A COMMANDER. And then, WHY THERE IS SO MUCH GRINDING? Put minor factions and more elite bandits so that you haven't to SPEND 2 HOURS ATLEAST IN GRINDING.
Please, fix these crap

All bug reports go here: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,312683.0.html

If you have a problem with a feature in the mod, feel free to play another mod. Or if you would like, why not edit the mod itself?  A lot of these features are still in alpha, so don't expect them to be perfect. We're talking about editing the games core code here.  Also, it might help to try to be a bit more polite. Thanks for your comment!  Have a good day.

FEATURE: recruiter to visit colonies and reassign recruitment in my name.

I request a recruiter that can visit my cities, castles and other establishments and collect recruits and assign  new recruitment. Curently as i own the whole new-world i only run around trying to setup and transport troops instead of having people do this stuff for me. Micromanagement of troops recruitment and transportation is not a thing for a Queen (esp. when the numbers grow above 200-300). Diplomacy mod had a features of troop transfer between cities and a recruiter that visited villages of designated type and recruited villagers there. I whould love to see something similar in NA.

FEATURE: mission for a companion(s): assassinate the lord

I'd love to have an option to assassinate a lord (without honor loss an d stuff). I could send one or more companions (preferably not nobles) to get the job done. I want and option for something of a less profile than public execution or a prisoner (noble). Alternatively i could do it myself, thief/assassin creed style or something.

Features:
More Élite minor factions  ( to make grinding faster and smoother)
More than a crusade
Complete craftmanship should award you a free shop  (100 day for nothing? !)

Few Suggestion for Nova Aetas:

1) Whole Nordic faction should be made Pagan (obviously they were pagan in real history too).
2) Lower the strength requirements of Legendary Weapons.
3) Increase the prices of Turquoise Gems.
4) Merchants Republic should be a Jews faction. Well, since they are merchants and Jew religion also grants merchant skills(trade).
5) There are too many Christian factions in the game. So, game favours people who choose christianity as their religion. So, some of these factions should be made to follow another religion.
6) Either fix Rescue Lord bug or completely remove it.

7) Fix locations of lords in castle hall. During a feast, many times ladies are found standing on tables, King sitting on floor instead of chair.
8 ) Implement some features from Diplomacy mod like improved lord relations screen, faction relations screen.
9) Or maybe integrate whole of diplomacy mod.

@BondBroker
1)It donate some flavour to the mod a civil war between christians and pagans
5)Was it a bug, but in my last playtrough rhodoks were atheist
For the rest, good features!

Creating a scene like the one you get when getting married for the proclamation of the empire of calrad. Like showing your character´s crowning ceremony with all the lords and the priest placing the emperor´s crown on your character´s head. Also a unique armor or clothing for the emperor of calrad just like the emperor of mithridias has his own custom armor would be pretty cool

Hi Quintilius,
Can you please change tournament helmet or remove feathers at the top of currently used helmet. Those feathers blocks vision and make archery difficult as you can observe in below screenshot. Thank You.

2DEKMRF.jpg

Hey, guys! This is really my first post on this board, but that doesn’t mean it has to be bad, right? I’ve been playing this mod for a while now and felt like it was time to chime in with some suggestions. In addition to this suggestion post, I’ll be posting on the bug thread as well. This may be a promising mod, but it sure isn’t perfect! Anyway, without further ado, here are my suggestions:

NOTE: I haven’t carefully read this thread (I’m lazy), so sorry if I suggest stuff that’s already been mentioned!

First, I’d like to start with a brief overview of the factions in Nova Aetas. This is based purely on what I’ve observed in my play through and some input from a friend.

Agonic Order (and the Agonic Beacons)
I enjoy the Agonic Order very much. They have an interesting feel, along with a believable backstory.  Their troops are no joke, especially the Knights of Christ, which top even my Gendarmes with good gear. The infantry is also pretty good, specifically the Pike men. Moving on from the troops, I’d like to talk about the Agonic Beacons. These Beacons have a pretty cool concept on paper. For example, you’re being chased by a large band of Khergits and you quickly rush towards the Beacons. Once there, you call for help. A large band of troops come to your aid, pushing back the vile Khergits! This, sadly, never occurred to me or my friend during our play through. Actually, I aimed straight at the Agonic Order as soon as I was strong enough to take Drachenburg. Speaking of Drachenburg, it should be a city, not a castle. I noticed the Agonic Order is quick to take some Khergit and Vaegir land, but I still feel it’d be much cooler to have Drachenburg be a city (even though it doesn’t really fit into the lore…). Another thing, why is the Agonic order constantly fighting the Vaegirs?! Both factions are Christian and hate the Khergits; they should be aiding each other, not having petty land disputes! Also, it would be nice if the Agonic Order would have a more “visible” relationship with the Papal State. I’m not entirely sure how this would play out, but I feel like they are two completely unrelated factions…Anyway, back to the point (and sorry for ranting a bit), I think the Agonic Order is one of the better additions to the world of Calradia.

Papal State
I don’t have much to say about this faction. Like I said, I’m making this overview based on my personal experiences and a friend’s. As I mentioned above, I wish the Papal State had a more “visible” relationship with other Christian factions. For example, a faction with an opposing religion declares war on the Papal State. This, in turn, makes other Christian factions declare war as well. Not every faction, though; that’d make Christians have an even bigger advantage and would allow them to steamroll any opposing faction. Overall, I think this faction has potential to become a Christian powerhouse, guiding The One True Faith to victory over those dissenters! (I’m very tempted to include my suggestions about the Crusades here, but I feel it deserves its own section later on.) I’ve heard rumors of terrible troops coming from this faction, but like I said, I haven’t even touched this faction.

Mithridian Empire
Oh, where to start? :ohdear: First, I would like to discuss the name of this faction and what it implies. The faction is currently called the Mithridian Empire. This bothers me very much, as this so-called empire does not behave like an empire should. I understand it could be an empire in the sense that it unified the archipelago it sits on, but I just can’t see it like that. When I first load the map in any M&B mod the first thing I do is look at all the factions. After not playing Native for a while, I welcomed the new factions and some of the geographical changes as well. The Mithridian Empire was one of the first factions to catch my eye. As soon as I saw “Empire” I imagined this faction would quickly begin to acquire fiefs on the mainland; becoming an unrelenting war machine. But this, of course, never happened. In fact, the Mithridian “Empire” never even declared war on anybody. I actually was the first faction to declare war on them. My friend tells me they declared war on the Sarranids and the Rhodoks, but nothing major happened. He told me the war was pathetic. The Mithridian lords just got stuck at ports and the other factions didn’t even bother with an invasion. This is partly the fault of buggy ports (which I’ll detail in my bug post), but I still wish they were much, much more aggressive. I would love to see the Empire take over Rhodok land and the newer Sarranid lands. Now, moving on, I would like to talk about the troops. The first thing I noticed when I had a battle with a Mithridian lord was the bizarre number of cavalry. I mean, they live on an archipelago that’s very mountainous…what’s the point. This simply reinforced my idea of the proper role of the Empire. The Mithridian Empire having decent crossbowmen and cavalry makes them perfect for sieges and battles…on the mainland, not their archipelago. In conclusion, I really like the addition of the Mithridian Empire in Calradia, but feel they should act more aggressive and attempt to invade the mainland.

Nordic Union
Unlike many others who dislike the Nordic split, I welcome the newly added Nordic Union. I know this may sound silly, but the primary reason I played this mod was because it felt like Native during the future. So when I saw the Union, I was thrilled. It made sense for some of the old Nord invaders to become assimilated into the culture and religion of Calradia. This would cause schisms in the Nordic culture, leading to an eventual split and volatile relations with the traditionalists. (Of course I made this up on my own, I’m not sure if that’s what really happened.) Like I said, it makes sense that the Union would have constant conflicts with the Kingdom of Noregr, but I don’t understand the conflicts with the Vaegirs and Swadians. Well, I do see where the conflicts could stem from (e.g. land disputes or just Nord hatred), but these conflicts just lead to the Nordic Union being steamrolled. Potentially being at war with three factions is not easy and most of the time they end up with just Sargoth left and a few miserable lords. Not to mention their sub-par troops, which get destroyed by the OP Noregr troops. To settle conflicts (and add some faction balance) there should be a castle and village(s) added on the peninsula for Swadia to control.
bMsOlKC.jpg
(I’m not really worried about the Vaegirs because they get held back, even by the sub-par troops.) That ^ simple fix would allow for the Nordic Union to actually survive the late game environment (the big dot is a castle and the small dot is a village).

Kingdom of Noregr
I haven’t messed around with this faction very much in my current playthrough, but I have been attacked by them once. Now, this was a very startling experience for me. This is due to me steamrolling the Nordic Union and fighting their weak troops. Imagine my surprise when I start taking tons of casualties from their lower mid-tier troops. Then I began to actually scan their fiefs. Once again, to my surprise they had a ridiculous amount of troops garrisoned. I thought that after so much war with the Nordic Union they would at least have some dwindled some of the garrison. Jesus Christ, these guys made me piss my pants; especially when I saw a war party of 1,000+ Nords heading towards Sargoth. Needless to say, I did the whole “knock out their troops and release them to increase relations” method to get out of that war. What I’m trying to say is that the Kingdom of Noregr is, to put it nicely, very Nord-like. I mean, when these guys charge I feel like my men are going to be overwhelmed instantly…then the casualties start :dead:. My suggestion is to lower their garrisons, and leave their troop stats intact, but lower how much damage they deal.

Vaegir Tsardom
Wow, I really don’t know what happened to this faction. Oh! How the mighty have fallen! Really, the question I should be asking is why. Why would the Vaegirs be weakened so much? I mean, this faction is one of the oldest and strongest in the history of Calradia. Now, they’re way too weak to even hold their current holdings. I guess I should start with the troops. To put this in a few words: WEAK. I know, that’s only one word, but it’s just so perfect to describe them. The horsemen are one-hit by any mid-tier troops and the Boyars can’t even charge because the horses they ride are so slow! The infantry is garbage, the top-tier infantry is just destroyed by the other infantry. But none of that tops the worst thing: the Marksmen. WHY?! Why are they so bad now? They barely hit their targets and are one-hit as well, basically every troop is. The only thing I can complement the Vaegirs on is the sexy uniforms they wear and the weapons they use, which look badass. All I suggest is to buff the infantry’s armor some, give the Boyars horses that can acually run, and make the Marksmen deserving of their name.

I'll continue this post some other time, I've got work to do! Stay tuned  :grin:

Mispronounced said:
Hey, guys! This is really my first post on this board, but that doesn’t mean it has to be bad, right? I’ve been playing this mod for a while now and felt like it was time to chime in with some suggestions. In addition to this suggestion post, I’ll be posting on the bug thread as well. This may be a promising mod, but it sure isn’t perfect! Anyway, without further ado, here are my suggestions:

NOTE: I haven’t carefully read this thread (I’m lazy), so sorry if I suggest stuff that’s already been mentioned!

First, I’d like to start with a brief overview of the factions in Nova Aetas. This is based purely on what I’ve observed in my play through and some input from a friend.

Agonic Order (and the Agonic Beacons)
I enjoy the Agonic Order very much. They have an interesting feel, along with a believable backstory.  Their troops are no joke, especially the Knights of Christ, which top even my Gendarmes with good gear. The infantry is also pretty good, specifically the Pike men. Moving on from the troops, I’d like to talk about the Agonic Beacons. These Beacons have a pretty cool concept on paper. For example, you’re being chased by a large band of Khergits and you quickly rush towards the Beacons. Once there, you call for help. A large band of troops come to your aid, pushing back the vile Khergits! This, sadly, never occurred to me or my friend during our play through. Actually, I aimed straight at the Agonic Order as soon as I was strong enough to take Drachenburg. Speaking of Drachenburg, it should be a city, not a castle. I noticed the Agonic Order is quick to take some Khergit and Vaegir land, but I still feel it’d be much cooler to have Drachenburg be a city (even though it doesn’t really fit into the lore…). Another thing, why is the Agonic order constantly fighting the Vaegirs?! Both factions are Christian and hate the Khergits; they should be aiding each other, not having petty land disputes! Also, it would be nice if the Agonic Order would have a more “visible” relationship with the Papal State. I’m not entirely sure how this would play out, but I feel like they are two completely unrelated factions…Anyway, back to the point (and sorry for ranting a bit), I think the Agonic Order is one of the better additions to the world of Calradia.

Papal State
I don’t have much to say about this faction. Like I said, I’m making this overview based on my personal experiences and a friend’s. As I mentioned above, I wish the Papal State had a more “visible” relationship with other Christian factions. For example, a faction with an opposing religion declares war on the Papal State. This, in turn, makes other Christian factions declare war as well. Not every faction, though; that’d make Christians have an even bigger advantage and would allow them to steamroll any opposing faction. Overall, I think this faction has potential to become a Christian powerhouse, guiding The One True Faith to victory over those dissenters! (I’m very tempted to include my suggestions about the Crusades here, but I feel it deserves its own section later on.) I’ve heard rumors of terrible troops coming from this faction, but like I said, I haven’t even touched this faction.

Mithridian Empire
Oh, where to start? :ohdear: First, I would like to discuss the name of this faction and what it implies. The faction is currently called the Mithridian Empire. This bothers me very much, as this so-called empire does not behave like an empire should. I understand it could be an empire in the sense that it unified the archipelago it sits on, but I just can’t see it like that. When I first load the map in any M&B mod the first thing I do is look at all the factions. After not playing Native for a while, I welcomed the new factions and some of the geographical changes as well. The Mithridian Empire was one of the first factions to catch my eye. As soon as I saw “Empire” I imagined this faction would quickly begin to acquire fiefs on the mainland; becoming an unrelenting war machine. But this, of course, never happened. In fact, the Mithridian “Empire” never even declared war on anybody. I actually was the first faction to declare war on them. My friend tells me they declared war on the Sarranids and the Rhodoks, but nothing major happened. He told me the war was pathetic. The Mithridian lords just got stuck at ports and the other factions didn’t even bother with an invasion. This is partly the fault of buggy ports (which I’ll detail in my bug post), but I still wish they were much, much more aggressive. I would love to see the Empire take over Rhodok land and the newer Sarranid lands. Now, moving on, I would like to talk about the troops. The first thing I noticed when I had a battle with a Mithridian lord was the bizarre number of cavalry. I mean, they live on an archipelago that’s very mountainous…what’s the point. This simply reinforced my idea of the proper role of the Empire. The Mithridian Empire having decent crossbowmen and cavalry makes them perfect for sieges and battles…on the mainland, not their archipelago. In conclusion, I really like the addition of the Mithridian Empire in Calradia, but feel they should act more aggressive and attempt to invade the mainland.

Nordic Union
Unlike many others who dislike the Nordic split, I welcome the newly added Nordic Union. I know this may sound silly, but the primary reason I played this mod was because it felt like Native during the future. So when I saw the Union, I was thrilled. It made sense for some of the old Nord invaders to become assimilated into the culture and religion of Calradia. This would cause schisms in the Nordic culture, leading to an eventual split and volatile relations with the traditionalists. (Of course I made this up on my own, I’m not sure if that’s what really happened.) Like I said, it makes sense that the Union would have constant conflicts with the Kingdom of Noregr, but I don’t understand the conflicts with the Vaegirs and Swadians. Well, I do see where the conflicts could stem from (e.g. land disputes or just Nord hatred), but these conflicts just lead to the Nordic Union being steamrolled. Potentially being at war with three factions is not easy and most of the time they end up with just Sargoth left and a few miserable lords. Not to mention their sub-par troops, which get destroyed by the OP Noregr troops. To settle conflicts (and add some faction balance) there should be a castle and village(s) added on the peninsula for Swadia to control.
bMsOlKC.jpg
(I’m not really worried about the Vaegirs because they get held back, even by the sub-par troops.) That ^ simple fix would allow for the Nordic Union to actually survive the late game environment (the big dot is a castle and the small dot is a village).

Kingdom of Noregr
I haven’t messed around with this faction very much in my current playthrough, but I have been attacked by them once. Now, this was a very startling experience for me. This is due to me steamrolling the Nordic Union and fighting their weak troops. Imagine my surprise when I start taking tons of casualties from their lower mid-tier troops. Then I began to actually scan their fiefs. Once again, to my surprise they had a ridiculous amount of troops garrisoned. I thought that after so much war with the Nordic Union they would at least have some dwindled some of the garrison. Jesus Christ, these guys made me piss my pants; especially when I saw a war party of 1,000+ Nords heading towards Sargoth. Needless to say, I did the whole “knock out their troops and release them to increase relations” method to get out of that war. What I’m trying to say is that the Kingdom of Noregr is, to put it nicely, very Nord-like. I mean, when these guys charge I feel like my men are going to be overwhelmed instantly…then the casualties start :dead:. My suggestion is to lower their garrisons, and leave their troop stats intact, but lower how much damage they deal.

Vaegir Tsardom
Wow, I really don’t know what happened to this faction. Oh! How the mighty have fallen! Really, the question I should be asking is why. Why would the Vaegirs be weakened so much? I mean, this faction is one of the oldest and strongest in the history of Calradia. Now, they’re way too weak to even hold their current holdings. I guess I should start with the troops. To put this in a few words: WEAK. I know, that’s only one word, but it’s just so perfect to describe them. The horsemen are one-hit by any mid-tier troops and the Boyars can’t even charge because the horses they ride are so slow! The infantry is garbage, the top-tier infantry is just destroyed by the other infantry. But none of that tops the worst thing: the Marksmen. WHY?! Why are they so bad now? They barely hit their targets and are one-hit as well, basically every troop is. The only thing I can complement the Vaegirs on is the sexy uniforms they wear and the weapons they use, which look badass. All I suggest is to buff the infantry’s armor some, give the Boyars horses that can acually run, and make the Marksmen deserving of their name.

I'll continue this post some other time, I've got work to do! Stay tuned  :grin:

just to let you know, the papal state's unit, the geroian guard, is the best in the whole game.

Ruler of Calradia said:
Would love to have minimap. In video games sense of direction does not work anywhere near as well, so minimaps were invented to compensate.
I agree. Once you get used to a minimap, you never go back.

While playing again got a interesting idea, would it be possible for the nobility background to start with some elevated prestige, maybe Bourgeoisie with a close to Gentry (like starting with 1000 points or so). So you cant become a vassal right away but dont need too much of a wait like when you start from scratch.

Hi, I don't really like the hair attached to the hats/Berets, I like my own character's hairstyle :lol: http://imgur.com/7XCu0qe

Back
Top Bottom