Ideal amount of players in competitive skirmish/battle

How many players should there be in competitive skirmish/battle

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

I think 8v8 would be best gameplay and fun wise, Bannerlord doesnt have to be like every other esports format, if you look at sprts you see player numbers fitting for the game. And my point is in a melee oriented game some more is better. Of course the obvious downside is organisation of players and that alone might make it unfavourable, well.. Warband survived with it so i´d give it a shot :grin:
This game is not melee oriented xD
Warband survived it but the player never actually went anywhere.

The ensuing patches will imminently progress the game to a state of more Infantry disposed gameplay. For that reason, 8v8 would unquestionably hold a compelling place in the one-life mode.

It doesnt matter what number feels the best.

It should work like this :

-a PLAYER can host a CUSTOM server of his own
-He or She decides whatever parameters he or she wants for any mode.
-End of discussion for me.

not...

"Please Taleworlds, change de number of players allowed in your matchmaked premade modes"

not...

"Please Taleworlds, change de number of players allowed in your matchmaked premade modes"
+1

not...

I think we're talking about the player count for competitive tournaments where it makes sense to have a fixed team size.
In casual games I think everyone agrees that a server population should be essentially limitless for most gamemodes.

For people watching, and lets face it without people watching, the game will never make it as a competitive game, with too many players theres way too much chaos to keep track of the gameplay, so it just becomes a blurry mess.

Different modes with clear objectives for people to track and follow, in addition to POV cam, would go a long way to help correct this.

Respawns work in games like Overwatch because it's optimal to intentionally die to regroup faster, allowing the spectator a pace to follow (fight, regroup, fight, ect) but BL encourages people to live as long as possible due to the gold system, and is often times unclear what teams are doing unless you are in their voice comms. On top of this, the flags and varied respawns scatter everyone all over the map.

Honestly shouldn't it be up to the groups who are facing off during said competitive match to decide how many people are going to face off against each other on each team?

The # of players depends on the map size. For example, Xauna will be too crowded with anything above 8. The trading post will be pretty good in terms of size so it varies by size.

In order for battle mode to be implemented correctly, the class system will have to be abolished, end of story.

That said, 8v8 is probably optimum for competitive battle -any number higher starts to diminish individual skill and influence on the outcome of the game.

6v6 works too, but if it dips lower than that threshold the game becomes about whichever team has the weakest link.

Need a huge captain mode where captains are pro players and soldiers are noobies. With visual refs on where your captain wants you to be ofc.

Now that would be fantastic.

Back
Top Bottom