[IDEA] Own house and farm

Users who are viewing this thread

petic537

The Mount and Blade is focused mainly on combat. Actually there is no way how to earn money than a fight (except trading). Secondly, the player has no possibility of owning a house (except occupation of the city). It would be interesting to add the ability to live in the countryside?  --> buy a house in the countryside?

My suggestions:

- The player has the option to buy a house in the countryside ->

-> relaxation free in own house
-> free rest
-> chest
-> medicine cabinet
-> personal training ground
-> wife/husband feasts
-> horse storage and de-lameing
-> place for your family
-> garden (vegetable)
-> field! - ability to farm field (sowing, harvest)
-> graze livestock...

Yes. Some features are already there. For example: you can build manor on the village, but you can't visit it (or use). Fields and livestock are in villages, but you can't visit the field or seed the corn personally.  -- It is only about clicking on the buttons. Would be interesting to visit these scenes and do these jobs personally....

This part of medieval life is ignored in MaB. I thing that it is a pity. Actually you can't live peacefuly.

I can not create scenes or model items. So I asking if it is good idea? Could you implement something like that?

I suppose you imagine this feature a scenic one, not simple nicely illustrated game menus ?

No, wait, I like this idea. :smile: Needs to be developed tho.

I'd suggest adding chances of having your estate raided, just as villages being raided, so you loose crops, items, money and etc.

And I would do the scene with pleasure. :smile:

Well, Petic537 doesn't answer my question, I guess he doesn't care. Why would I ? I rather expand the exploration/quests part, I like it better.

I'd love to see this, whether it was just a menu or an actual place in-game.

Indeed. I have many many other things to add "before" Or I could just build on the outpost and fort things, and make them much more personal...

Yet another thing I've been working on in my scrap book, what if 'family' homes were availiable.. icons in positions depending on what 'faction' you choose. also with this each location would lead you to the same 'scene' (unless its a snow scene maybe?)...then we could work from there. .. or a thought I just had, depending on your fathers status determines 'where' and what it is  ie if u have a home or not and if so, status/upbringing determines where it is. ... just a thought  :smile:

taragoth said:
Yet another thing I've been working on in my scrap book, what if 'family' homes were availiable.. icons in positions depending on what 'faction' you choose. also with this each location would lead you to the same 'scene' (unless its a snow scene maybe?)...then we could work from there. .. or a thought I just had, depending on your fathers status determines 'where' and what it is  ie if u have a home or not and if so, status/upbringing determines where it is. ... just a thought  :smile:

or when the person starts there something about being kicked out of your house?

anyway thats just a thought

this is a great idea i've been waiting for this kindof thing i think it be cool to add heroes and adopt them into your family and have them live in your house if you want to adventure alone and they can stay and do upkeep your place.

Actually, would it be possible to try and work this idea into being the manor, that your able to build in fiefs? Or possibly being able to buy a home in village? in case your not political enough to become a vassal.

this is actully a very good idea mount and blade has enough medieval warfare and it actully has NO medieval life for the player except the feast with ur wife nonsense but nothings special in that could u guys please make this itl be a mod like no other having ur own family house u can start out like a noone and go out like a hero or whatever please make this i know itl be hard but please

A little suggestion to taragoth and cern :smile:

While this is intended as an addon for the initial merchant quest, you could also incorparate it (or something similar) into the heirlooms. A peasant might inherit a farm or so.
Could be worked into the starting quest as well. Instead of randomly travelling to a town, you get to choose a starting town where you want to sell the goods from your farm, you then get assigned into one of the villages bound to that center. After that the normal starting quest starts, but you have a farm in one of the villages of Praven or the other towns.

Would work rather easy via a slot, that gets checked in the village menu. If its 1 you have the additional option to visit your home - so an interior scene would be sufficient, if you want to keep it easy. In there one could have the chest taragoth wanted to add to the game. Mhm and if you want to be nice you could give the player a good relation with his village :wink:

what about getting a few extra bonuses for staying there? Marching through Caldera has to be exhausting and  very taxing on mental and physical abilities you coulld make a camp in the middle of a field but nothing beats a nice couch :smile:

Back
Top Bottom