Idea: More combat animations

Do you think more animations for soldiers in combat should be added?

• Yes!

Votes: 24 85.7%
  • No!

Votes: 4 14.3%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

I would like to see more kill animations and gore. It would add more variation and more immersion to the battles. I also like to see soldiers getting wounds while combat like for example when a onehanded soldier lose his HP under 40%, with one hand he swings his weapon and with the other hand he hold his wound like on the leg or his belly. And the wounded soldiers are slower in combat aswell.

I would also like more realistic animations like protecting yourself with your shield when you attack like normal human being. Or adding more angles of attack like in Jedi Outcast or Jedi Academy (current game has 3 angles + thrust, it should be 7 angles + thrust - thats basic of sword combat arts).

Animations might be too intensive on the CPU with so many units, not sure though
I think it would not be a huge problem for CPU for example to add more fall animation or different swing animations depending the lvl of the main character or Ai. Its just like a reskin over the same current animations it would be just more variation.

The game has so much potential. The injured animation is already in game in the conversation screen after the battle and i dont see the reason why not enabling it for combat aswell.
Yes it does, hopefully they will get around to it. For now, they have many bugs they need to fix. They have already fixed so many bugs since release and optimized the game to a completely different level, but there is more to be done.

Yes it does, hopefully they will get around to it. For now, they have many bugs they need to fix. They have already fixed so many bugs since release and optimized the game to a completely different level, but there is more to be done.
I agree they did a lot but they should not rush the process its better if the game stays couple of more years in early acces till its very playable without significant bugs. For me one of the coolest additions is the musician in the last patch. I like to walk trough the different citys and go after a hard ingame day into the tavern only to hear the beatifull music. I wish they would make the taverns more alive aswell like with bandits or drunk like in warband when u fight them in there xD But iam sure they will add a lot of things we dont even know about them.

I agree they did a lot but they should not rush the process its better if the game stays couple of more years in early acces till its very playable without significant bugs. For me one of the coolest additions is the musician in the last patch. I like to walk trough the different citys and go after a hard ingame day into the tavern only to hear the beatifull music. I wish they would make the taverns more alive aswell like with bandits or drunk like in warband when u fight them in there xD But iam sure they will add a lot of things we dont even know about them.
You are a breath of fresh air mate :smile:
I am glad people like you are still around, a little bit of optimism goes a long way!
I do the same thing, usually after sieges. I take a walk in the city and introduce myself to the notables, take in the scene then chill at the tavern :grin:
I hope they give us more reasons to walk around, like that little mechanic in warband were you can find a random villagers that you can donate money to for a relationship increase (they could do it for a prosperity increase).

It would be immersive but it wouldn't add anything to the depth of the gameplay.
If we had already solved some gaps in the gameplay and in the "realism of gameplay" (such as the armor system and therefore also the combat system as a result), then I would also be in favor of a realism not linked to gameplay but to aesthetics.

I prefer to have different feedback from the game based on when I hit areas of the enemy body where there is no armor to cover and areas where the armor covers the body.
As long as there are no actual and real consequences to this, the rest is just an illusion.

Eventually it would become anti-immersive:
you would see a guy in heavy armor get hit, moan in pain for 1 second, then return to his "quiet" state while in the newfound delirium he yells "arrrhhhhggg" coming towards you with his arm raised while holding the weapon, ready to be hit again to repeat the pathetic and fake scene.

If the system must be realistic also in aesthetic terms, it is necessary that this aesthetic is not a facade but consequential to the gameplay.
Although an enemy has 10% HP, they move as if they have not suffered any injuries… yet in theory they should be on the verge of fainting.

But in the game the models are already too affected by the fallacious armor system, which being made of paper, they end up not protecting as much as they should.
This leads the model to die so quickly that the pain does not feel it.
There cannot be a gradual change of the state condition.
If, on the other hand, we had "realistic" armor (which means not only raising the armor value but intervening on the hurtboxes), then we would have a more gradual change of condition of the model (taking less damage from the hits, it tends to pass to a worse condition more gradually).
Of course, this worsening of conditions needs to be adjusted well, because if worsening the condition significantly decreases the speed of movement, it means that a character who has 10% ends up moving slowly like a turtle and there are few things that are they hate how much a character who is too slow.

So between the aesthetics as an end in itself which is then redundant and the gameplay, I vote for the gameplay.

Cant have too many or detailed animations. I agree, doubt it would add to gameplay. But from a creator perspective, hard yes please. The quality of the product depend a lot on resource availability as well as variety

Back
Top Bottom