Idea for a nano-mod re crossbows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi all,

could someone make a small fix so that crossbows usable from horseback would benefit from horse archery skill, please?

Regards, Oldtimer

Dont worry about not being a tech genius oldtimer - the unofficial editor is as simple to use as any standard XP program.

I would do it for you, but I see a problem.  Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the only apparent way to do this is to change all such crossbows to Bow instead of Crossbow classification, which will make them *always* use Archery instead of Crossbows skill and shoot arrows instead of bolts.  This seems like a pretty big problem for a little fix.

Tegan said:
I would do it for you, but I see a problem.  Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the only apparent way to do this is to change all such crossbows to Bow instead of Crossbow classification, which will make them *always* use Archery instead of Crossbows skill and shoot arrows instead of bolts.  This seems like a pretty big problem for a little fix.

Hi Tegan,

that`s what crossed my mind, ie transferring some crossbows to bows. Didn`t think abt. the bolts though. If the solution is to make a new skill(horse crossbowmanship whatever), then it sure ain`t a minor fix anymore, if at all possible.
Thanks for your helpfullness anyway.

Regards, Oldtimer

Yeah, new skills aren't really possible for modders to make.  You can make one with a variable but there's no way to have it affect something like accuracy from horseback since that calculation isn't moddable.

as far as horse archery is concerned, if you look at the description, it only affects throwing and archery. and we've never been able to make new skills. but the UE can easily make them all reloadable on horseback.

I'm pretty sure there is just a little checkbox that sais "reloadable on horseback" in the UE. I'll check when I get home tonight and tell you*

DynastyFenix said:
I'm pretty sure there is just a little checkbox that sais "reloadable on horseback" in the UE. I'll check when I get home tonight and tell you*

Hi DynastyFenix,

it`s not what I`ve had in mind. Maybe it would be realistic if light crossbow was reloadable on horseback(think of the hunting crossbow as the "pellet" weapon and the light as the smallest "bolt" weapon"), but I wish that you could improve the accuracy of crossbows from horseback by appriopriate skill. This should work for all crossbow shooting from horseback, even those where you must dismount to load. Just seems logical to me. And it`s fun riding around and pelting baddies with bolts for a change, at least to me.

Maybe courtesy of Armagan in 1.0, if not a bit earlier, per chance :smile:?

Regards, Oldtimer

I think the best solution to this and lots of other problems would be to just make skills moddable, to at least some extent.

everyone would love that. but the reality is, a crossbow would be really hard to aim from a moving horse. so i guess you're stuck having to stop your horse, shoot, and then start moving again. this still works decently well, because then if someone gets too close, you can just push w and get outta there before they can attack you. and if that's not good enough for you, buy a bow and arrow. that's the trade off you make when you use a crossbow, more power and accuracy, but difficult to use from horseback and slow to reload.

Back
Top Bottom