I'd like a refund.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
MrJeeblez said:
Scego said:
And also as others have said if a good is not of merchantable quality it is required in law to be refunded....

I like how all of a sudden you people are lawyers. It's $11. Bite the bullet, wait a few weeks, the bugs will be fixed and you can go on your merry way looting and burning villages.

Actually No this is common business knowledge learned when your about 11 or 12 years old......

I have heard that steam don't give out refunds but I also heard they may give you 1 refund if game is truly broken like mine

Ralepozozaxe said:
Scego said:
Pineapple_ said:
Well what you guys did when you pre-ordered VC is pretty much buying a car before driving it.

Good comeback however was the test drive not the beta and the previous mount and blade games ?

And also as others have said if a good is not of merchantable quality it is required in law to be refunded....

I wouldn't like a refund all I want is the ability to play like all of you playing a very good dlc etc

I don't know what DLC your talking about, but it ain't this one.

As I have said earlier my Dlc or game doesn't work.. How would you know if a Dlc worked or not for a different person in a different country ?

Radix said:
Redleg said:
Radix said:
now they are closing threads with complaints :smile: apparently false advertising was just "false advertising" nice move TW, my opinion of you decreased even more.

I'm sure they'll hate to see you go. :razz:

And u think its just me?? naive :grin:

"You" can also be plural.  I'm glad you're relishing the moment.  It must be gratifying for you.

Redleg said:
Radix said:
now they are closing threads with complaints :smile: apparently false advertising was just "false advertising" nice move TW, my opinion of you decreased even more.

I'm sure they'll hate to see you go. :razz:

If they don't care then they should be giving me a refund anyway. Either my money matters to them or it doesn't.

This DLC is horrible! Surely you would do a last minute test for 10 minutes to check everything was in order? It would only take that too see how unplayable this game is! Customers have every right to complain and hate if the game is buggy. I can't believe a topic was locked by taleworlds it seems that's how they treat their customers nowadays...

Radix said:
What false advertisement? The game is buggy but all of the parts, as far as I'm aware, are there. All of the features are there according to others who have played it. Where is the false advertising?

Dan11311 said:
Radix said:
What false advertisement? The game is buggy but all of the parts, as far as I'm aware, are there. All of the features are there according to others who have played it. Where is the false advertising?

The advertising where they said it would be finished and completely playable on December 11.

Spanker said:
This DLC is horrible! Surely you would do a last minute test for 10 minutes to check everything was in order? It would only take that too see how unplayable this game is! Customers have every right to complain and hate if the game is buggy. I can't believe a topic was locked by taleworlds it seems that's how they treat their customers nowadays...
They stated their reason they closed it. All it was unconstructive flaming. We have enough of those threads and it is causing and influx of spam. Also claiming false advertisement without providing objective evidence. Come on, these forums are better than many others. Namely Totalwar.

Ralepozozaxe said:
Dan11311 said:
Radix said:

The advertising where they said it would be finished and completely playable on December 11.
Did they say it would be fully playable in those exact words? Also, according the dev team they had not adapted the DLC to the new M&B updates. Which could have caused a lot of bugs. As well as a small team like the Brytenwalda team is not going to be able to find all of the bugs in a game.

Dan11311 said:
Spanker said:
They stated their reason they closed it. All it was unconstructive flaming. We have enough of those threads and it is causing and influx of spam. Also claiming false advertisement without providing objective evidence. Come on, these forums are better than many others. Namely Totalwar.

Wouldn't you say /WE/ aren't exactly helping either with this non-constructive flaming, since this thread replies seem very similar to the locked thread. *whistles to talesworlds to close the thread*

Dan11311 said:
Ralepozozaxe said:
Dan11311 said:
Radix said:

Did they say it would be fully playable in those exact words? Also, according the dev team they had not adapted the DLC to the new M&B updates. Which could have caused a lot of bugs. As well as a small team like the Brytenwalda team is not going to be able to find all of the bugs in a game.

It doesn't matter how small the team is, when you pay for a final release you expect QUALITY. If they would of done a last minute test and found the bugs and delayed the game because of the new update, it would of been fine for me, sure maybe you would get some hate for delaying but I'm sure a lot of people would defend them for making that choice.

Grimes said:
Dan11311 said:
Did they say it would be fully playable in those exact words?

Seriously?

Like, for real?
Radix said:

wow, I wonder how many times you have been screwed over with this kind of thinking.
Radix said:

wow, I wonder how many times you have been screwed over with this kind of thinking.
I'm merely pointing out a technicality. I admit they were misleading with the advertising of some features. However, I don't think they intended to release the DLC in the shape it was in.  So no false advertising I'm aware of there. That being said I think we got robbed in a way. I expected better quality from the makers of Brytenwalda. I am however not going to lose too much sleep over it. I'll wait for some patches.

Dan11311 said:
ya blew it

Spanker said:
Dan11311 said:
Spanker said:

Wouldn't you say /WE/ aren't exactly helping either with this non-constructive flaming, since this thread replies seem very similar to the locked thread. *whistles to talesworlds to close the thread*

Dan11311 said:
Ralepozozaxe said:
Dan11311 said:
Radix said:

It doesn't matter how small the team is, when you pay for a final release you expect QUALITY. If they would of done a last minute test and found the bugs and delayed the game because of the new update, it would of been fine for me, sure maybe you would get some hate for delaying but I'm sure a lot of people would defend them for making that choice.
I think this one came first so they left this one open. Expecting most refund complaints and discussion to go here. We don't need too many new ones spamming the forum. I would have rather merged them rather than closing them.

I expected better quality than what there was initially. I did expect bugs but not things like missing textures. I don't know what caused it but the new M&B update might have done something. Taleworlds should have let the Brytenwalda team spend more time with the new base game patch.

Tovias said:
Dan11311 said:
ya blew it
Pardon? What I mean is that they didn't say it wouldn't have bugs.

Dan11311 said:
Tovias said:
Dan11311 said:
ya blew it
Pardon? What I mean is that they didn't say it wouldn't have bugs.

Most of us expected some small bugs you could believe they missed, but not the massive game breaking bugs that we got day one. Even some of the more minor bugs you wonder how they missed, like the multiplayer gate crunch sound bug (it's just so loud).

Be careful, the forum mod will come and shut this down because it's negative and about the game o.o opinions are too strong for her

JuJu70 said:
Phocks said:
JuJu70 said:
It is about the amount. It's a price of a large pizza, or a lunch at a mediocre restaurant. If you had to spend $300 I would agree that it is a fairly serious investment, but for $11-12, meh. It makes you look like a cheapskate that's all.

So it's throw-away money that doesn't matter? Why haven't YOU refunded him then? :razz:

I mean, unless it's not your job to pay someone for a product they didn't receive. Like it's not HIS job to pay for a product he didn't receive.

Oh, the entitlement generation is here  :razz:. He made a decision to buy the game early. He can't play and can't wait. Solution: don't get hyped, don't spend money you can't afford to lose, or get patient and wait a few days and see if the developers fix whatever the issues are. He damn well knows there are no refunds for software products.  Your expectations are your problem.
kalarhan said:
Telcah said:
Poor frustrated guy  :???:

Poor guy`s wife I would say.

and I'm sure if we took a look at your life, we'd all have a laugh at you and feel bad for the people in it.

And oh look a person from the idiot generation, who can't read properly before he makes a comment, and who says "expectations" are a problem. That's right kids, expectations in life will get you in trouble, never have them - what a laugh. Lets see here - it's called beta testing, you can get people to do it for free, and all you have to do is fix the crap that people report, then you release your game, but we can't reasonably expect people do their jobs properly these days can we? and we certainly can't expect a DEV team banking it's reputation on a product to deliver to us what they promise. I mean, expecting to get what you pay for, expecting people to live up to their name sake or promises?? Who does that?

Oh but wait, it's only 12 dollars - that game is worth 12 dollars right? I mean, if you think about it - a buggy  game that's a fraction of the price of AAA  title that doesn't have any bugs is absolutely worth it, it's a fraction of the price after all!? Why should anyone complain about that?

Well gee, that's an opinion, and pretty hollow one at that born from the lack of expectations you have, and you can shove that. There are so many reasons this game is not a AAA title, and money isn't one of them.

The dev team apologized for their crappy release. You can't argue with facts. And in case you are somehow ignorant to this fact, games perform differently on different systems because of the hardware. Just because the game seems to run perfectly fine for you, doesn't do crap for anyone else. Anyone beyond the age of 3 or 4 probably understands that their circumstances are not those of other people.

Damn, what the hell is wrong with you people? Taking a shot at a guy's life circumstances when he's merely making a point, it's really pathetic.

this whole situation is really quite simple - when you promise something, you should deliver. People who are not happy with the quality of what was given should get a refund, people who want to wait are entitled to. The quantity of money is not a factor - it may come as a shock to most of you but the quantity of money that he felt was wasted does nothing to lessen the ethical dilemma  of releasing a game that was NOT what was promised - and viking conquest was not the viking conquest that was promised period, or perhaps the devs just felt like apologizing for nothing?

Quit defending companies or teams who don't deliver quality product. Brytenwalda team, Taleworlds, I think anyone with common sense expected more out of you. Except that guy up there without any expectations for his 12 dollars. He'll take 7 more copies.

kraggrim said:
Docm30 said:
Is that something the devs have said or are you just completely guessing Taleworlds is at fault?

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,319752.msg7564192.html#msg7564192

Armagan and Taleworlds accepted responsibility (and even apologised to the Brytenwalda team).

Damn, what the hell is wrong with you people? Taking a shot at a guy's life circumstances when he's merely making a point, it's really pathetic.

this whole situation is really quite simple - when you promise something, you should deliver. People who are not happy with the quality of what was given should get a refund, people who want to wait are entitled to. The quantity of money is not a factor - it may come as a shock to most of you but the quantity of money that he felt was wasted does nothing to lessen the ethical dilemma  of releasing a game that was NOT what was promised - and viking conquest was not the viking conquest that was promised period, or perhaps the devs just felt like apologizing for nothing?

Quit defending companies or teams who don't deliver quality product. Brytenwalda team, I think anyone with common sense expected more out of you. Except that guy up there without any expectations for his 12 dollars. He'll take 7 more copies.

This.

Levity99x said:
Brytenwalda team, I think anyone with common sense expected more out of you. Except that guy up there without any expectations for his 12 dollars. He'll take 7 more copies.
Brytenwalda isn't at fault, it is Taleworlds.

Brytenwalda coded the game. Taleworlds however: set the deadline, set the working hours, and set the budget. If taleworlds wanted the DLC released before it was finished Brytenwalda couldn't do anything. Fuss at TW, do not however blame the innocent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom