I'd like a refund.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grimes said:
yet here we are, it isn't fixed, i'm out money and i'm being patronized by the devs and fanboys like you who think it's acceptable that i should have to wait who knows how long to actually play the game i've paid for
It does take time to get fixed (As a CS major, I can tell you coding takes forever), and it isn't the Brytenwalda team who is at fault. It is TW for rushing the game's release. If you are going to be upset, take it out on the people resposible.

Getting mad at Brytenwalda's team would be like getting mad at the till worker at McDonalds for not having a McRib when not in season. Nothing they can do about that.

This isn't coming from an apologist of the game mind you. As you can see in my post history here, I am quite bothered at the state of the game.

My problem is that I bought this on steam, and steam isn't known for giving refunds. If the developers themselves are telling me to suck it up, then i'm never going to stop pestering them or steam.

I will not be rebuying this after I get my refund. I just want my money back and to be done with this forever. They won't miss my $15 or so dollars anyways.

freedomna said:
Grimes said:
yet here we are, it isn't fixed, i'm out money and i'm being patronized by the devs and fanboys like you who think it's acceptable that i should have to wait who knows how long to actually play the game i've paid for
It does take time to get fixed (As a CS major, I can tell you coding takes forever), and it isn't the Brytenwalda team who is at fault. It is TW for rushing the game's release.

it doesn't really matter to me who is at fault. as i said earlier in the thread, even if refunds were available i wouldn't ask for one until at least a couple weeks from now when it would be more clear how effective their attempts at patching the game would be. but it's the principle of the thing...they messed up the release, they've admitted this, and for me personally the game is completely unplayable. i should at least have the OPTION of getting a refund. if they're going to admit to their mistakes, they should take the steps to make those things right, which means not only fixing the bugs but giving people who don't want to wait and feel their money could be better spent elsewhere the ability to do that. to come in here and tell me that i don't deserve that is just lol.

Grimes said:
freedomna said:
Grimes said:
It does take time to get fixed (As a CS major, I can tell you coding takes forever), and it isn't the Brytenwalda team who is at fault. It is TW for rushing the game's release.

it doesn't really matter to me who is at fault. as i said earlier in the thread, even if refunds were available i wouldn't ask for one until at least a couple weeks from now when it would be more clear how effective their attempts at patching the game would be. but it's the principle of the thing...they messed up the release, they've admitted this, and for me personally the game is completely unplayable. i should at least have the OPTION of getting a refund. if they're going to admit to their mistakes, they should take the steps to make those things right, which means not only fixing the bugs but giving people who don't want to wait and feel their money could be better spent elsewhere the ability to do that. to come in here and tell me that i don't deserve that is just lol.

You can't really argue with hardcore fanboys. They have hyped themselves so much that everything the developer does seems okay to them. I don't want a refund but I sure as hell can understand why some people want to.

Depending on where you got it...you can get a refund. Steam doesn't give refunds for anyone. Tried to get one for Rome 2.

But they don't have much say when it comes to Steam. If CA got nowhere with Steam, Brytenwalda team will get far less.

I was disappointed with choices they made...

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,319893.106.html

But at this point, what more do you want them to do? They've apologized. They're working on it. Really that's all that can be done at this point.

Boils down to two groups:

1) Game is clearly broken.  You've admitted it is broken.  Spare us the promises of future "fixes" for a broken product and just refund our money.

2) We acknowledge it's either not working as intended or outright broken for most people but that is acceptable.  We are willing to wait while they "fix" whatever is not working at some undisclosed future date.

I am clearly in group one.  It's not personal.  It's not emotional.  Rather, it's rational to expect a refund when the very thing you were purchasing was broken to begin with.  In ANY industry. 

DefenderoftheCrown said:

1) Game is clearly broken.  You've admitted it is broken.  Spare us the promises of future "fixes" for a broken product and just refund our money.

2) We acknowledge it's either not working as intended or outright broken for most people but that is acceptable.  We are willing to wait while they "fix" whatever is not working at some undisclosed future date.

I am clearly in group one.  It's not personal.  It's not emotional.  Rather, it's rational to expect a refund when the very thing you were purchasing was broken to begin with.  In ANY industry.

Put me in the camp that's in between. I've got bugs up to my eyeballs. Steam doesn't refund so I got to bitethe bullet and wait. However, Taleworlds should offer a refund for those who want it (if they bought from them directly).

However with piracy issues...I doubt they do it.

They should put up info on the store pages that says this game is not finished in broken so as to stop people from buying. Everyone on this forum know's they've said some stuff about being sorry and trying to fix it (however long that takes), but all the non forum people who bought this game don't know about the fixes or anything. They just think they got screwed over real big. It would be embarrassing o admit their mistake to all the people who bought the game, not just the people on this forum, but it would be the right thing to do.

I'm a member of group one.

MackCW said:
Depending on where you got it...you can get a refund. Steam doesn't give refunds for anyone. Tried to get one for Rome 2.

But they don't have much say when it comes to Steam. If CA got nowhere with Steam, Brytenwalda team will get far less.

I was disappointed with choices they made...

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,319893.106.html

But at this point, what more do you want them to do? They've apologized. They're working on it. Really that's all that can be done at this point.

There are people claiming they've gotten refunds from steam.  So I don't think it's all that clear.  Regardless, I've submitted a ticket for a refund and I'd advise anyone else frustrated with this nonsense to do the same.  We'll see what happens.  Maybe I won't get a refund.  But hopefully I will.  I just feel it's in very poor form for a business to refuse to even consider it.  Even when there is a huge negative reaction.  The longer this goes on, the more irreparable the damage will be.  Damage to their reputation as developers, and unfortunately, to the reputation of the Mount and Blade franchise.  Completely inexcusable.

Apologies and promises aren't what any of us paid for.  Save it, and just give me my money back.

MackCW said:
DefenderoftheCrown said:

Put me in the camp that's in between. I've got bugs up to my eyeballs. Steam doesn't refund so I got to bitethe bullet and wait. However, Taleworlds should offer a refund for those who want it (if they bought from them directly).

However with piracy issues...I doubt they do it.

Then you are in group 1.5.  :smile:

Jazzeren said:
Grimes said:
freedomna said:
Grimes said:

You can't really argue with hardcore fanboys. They have hyped themselves so much that everything the developer does seems okay to them. I don't want a refund but I sure as hell can understand why some people want to.
Are you calling me a fanboy? Are you blind, or are you just ignoring every post I made?

DefenderoftheCrown said:

For me the game isn't broken, what do you mean by broken? that it won't start or you can't play it in some way? everything's working fine for me the only bugs i've really noticed are small ones such as wrong map icons appearing every so often, there's also an issue with certain bandit parties not going on the offensive but otherwise after about 5 hours of gameplay on the hardest settings i've been having a lot of fun and enjoying the game.

My main complaint is the features present in bretynwalda that seem to be missing in VC such as Freelancer and Hunting, the character creation doesn't allow for enough variation either. But with those being my main issues with the DLC i'd hardly ask for a refund. I'm not rich or anything and work a job that is barely over the living wage and I've never asked for a refund a couple of days after a game came out even if it had major issues. This DLC is no where near as bad a state as other games that have been released, IL2 Cliffs of Dover comes to mind.

Reading lots of the comments posted here the past couple of days I can't help but think that the people who are asking for refunds should take this as a life lesson on pre-ordering games rather than taking it out on the developers to get the £8.99 they spent on the game back. Personally in retrospect I would have pre-ordered even if i absolutly hated the DLC because I want to support Mount and Blade, independent developers and the future of the series as a whole.

freedomna said:
Jazzeren said:
Grimes said:
freedomna said:
Grimes said:

Are you calling me a fanboy? Are you blind, or are you just ignoring every post I made?

I think it's starting to get confusing with the way the quote system works. Seeing as i quoted 5 people to answer 1.

BrustwarzenLenny said:
People like to say - they better should have released it later... Would end up the same! (...)
And about "lazy developers" - how many of you would work 100h/week in a project you don't even know it will pay off at the end? I still don't know if I end up with a 1€/h payment for my spent worktime on this game, or with 10€/h or higher.
In my view, these two statements are contradictory. If you've had to work 100 hours a week for months just to meet the deadline, then I guarantee you made mistakes you wouldn't have if you had had more time and had been fresher on the work. Releasing it later, and hence extending the deadline, would have brought in a tangible benefit even if it's true that some bugs wouldn't have been detected regardless.

I don't know, maybe the deadline was reasonable at first and you ran into unforeseen problems, but having to work 100 hours a week is not efficient, and if that was the only way to meet the deadline with something vaguely resembling a proper release then obviously that deadline was too tight and VC should have been postoned.

And I blame TW for that.

freedomna said:
Jazzeren said:
Grimes said:
freedomna said:
Grimes said:

Oh, I wasnt referring to you. I was just backing him up about all the fanboys saying that asking for a refund is dumb and we all should have known better before we went and bough a "full release".

KidKoala said:
For me the game isn't broken, what do you mean by broken? that it won't start or you can't play it in some way? everything's working fine for me the only bugs i've really noticed are small ones such as wrong map icons appearing every so often, there's also an issue with certain bandit parties not going on the offensive but otherwise after about 5 hours of gameplay on the hardest settings i've been having a lot of fun and enjoying the game.

i CTD constantly. my hardware is more than good enough to run this game and i can run pretty much every other mod just fine. that's the biggest problem, as i can't make any progress in a game that closes itself automatically, though not the only one.

Reading lots of the comments posted here the past couple of days I can't help but think that the people who are asking for refunds should take this as a life lesson on pre-ordering games rather than taking it out on the developers to get the £8.99 they spent on the game back. Personally in retrospect I would have pre-ordered even if i absolutly hated the DLC because I want to support Mount and Blade, independent developers and the future of the series as a whole.

this is exactly the kind of patronizing thing i'm talking about, lol. what "life lesson" is there to be learned from this? i pre-order games all the time and i've pretty much never received a game as buggy and useless as VC is. some problems are always to be expected, but this is the first time i've pre-ordered a game and received a beta. perhaps i've just been lucky. the only thing i've learned here is that the trust i had in the brytenwalda team + talewords combo was misplaced, but that's a very useless lesson since i somewhat doubt they'll be putting out a sequel.

in retrospect i would have certainly held onto my money. i'm all for supporting devs and all but if they want support they need to give me something in return, this is not a charity.

I pre-ordered Civ Beyond Earth. I did not enjoy Civ Beyond Earth, but I did not ask for a refund because the game was what I paid for, I just didn't enjoy it. This one the other hand I can't even play without it crashing or being ridiculously slow. These bugs aren't just little bugs that you would expect from day 1, these are bugs you see when the game isn't finished. Saying that you would buy something even though you know you would hate it is just sad, and doesn't make the developers feel like they should try very hard on their games, knowing their will be fans who will give them money anyways.

Grimes said:
KidKoala said:

i CTD constantly. my hardware is more than good enough to run this game and i can run pretty much every other mod just fine. that's the biggest problem, as i can't make any progress in a game that closes itself automatically, though not the only one.

this is exactly the kind of patronizing thing i'm talking about, lol. what "life lesson" is there to be learned from this? i pre-order games all the time and i've pretty much never received a game as buggy and useless as VC is. some problems are always to be expected, but this is the first time i've pre-ordered a game and received a beta. perhaps i've just been lucky. the only thing i've learned here is that the trust i had in the brytenwalda team + talewords combo was misplaced, but that's a very useless lesson since i somewhat doubt they'll be putting out a sequel.

in retrospect i would have certainly held onto my money. i'm all for supporting devs and all but if they want support they need to give me something in return, this is not a charity.

Yeah, thank you for posting this.  Patronizing indeed.  I don't need a "life lesson."  I need what I paid for: a completed product worthy of the money exchanged.  Support the devs?  Excuse me?  I'm not a support group.  I'm a customer.  And I paid for something that doesn't work.  And I am in the majority.  Almost 60% of people on steam who purchased the product don't recommend it.  And almost all are expressing the same frustrations as demonstrated on these forums. 

People need to quite thinking these guys created this mod out of love for their fellow man.  They made it to make money.  And they've taken our money and now want to "apologize."  Save the time and energy on that and just refund my money for God's sake. 

DefenderoftheCrown said:
Yeah, thank you for posting this.  Patronizing indeed.  I don't need a "life lesson."  I need what I paid for: a completed product worthy of the money exchanged.  Support the devs?  Excuse me?  I'm not a support group.  I'm a customer.  And I paid for something that doesn't work.  And I am in the majority.  Almost 60% of people on steam who purchased the product don't recommend it.  And almost all are expressing the same frustrations as demonstrated on these forums. 

People need to quite thinking these guys created this mod out of love for their fellow man.  They made it to make money.  And they've taken our money and now want to "apologize."  Save the time and energy on that and just refund my money for God's sake.

If that's your attitude then you clearly do, if they refunded everyone then what happens if they're not solvent enough to continue development and fixing the issues? try having a little faith that the game will recieve the bug fixes that it needs, afterall you had the faith to put money on a pre-order in the first place...

KidKoala said:
DefenderoftheCrown said:

If that's your attitude then you clearly do, if they refunded everyone then what happens if they're not solvent enough to continue development and fixing the issues? try having a little faith that the game will recieve the bug fixes that it needs, afterall you had the faith to put money on a pre-order in the first place...

That's not my problem.  I didn't pay to keep them "solvent enough" while they develop a game.  That's what initial operating capital is for.  I gave money in exchange for a finished product.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom