I'd like a refund.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That video "review" on page 7:  It's ridiculous. The guy prefaces it by saying I hope you enjoy it. lol  then says it's going to be an unhappy review. Admits the DLC will be improved and then can't stop from cursing. I mean I'm to take the opinion of a guy who has no respect for the way he speaks. He can't stop swearing, I counted 8 F's swear words. Sounds like a kid.  "I feel this will die," when talking about multiplayer, seems like an overstatement. He played the single player for maybe an hour he said and his criticism is sloppy, mainly that he had to do a task for each elder to recruit now. How professional. Meandering in parts. It's really a boorish review if you can call it a review at all. At the end in fact, he says he might be completely wrong and missed much (given his admittedly limited game-play). So at the end we know this is just a quick opinion piece full of cursing.

---
Waa! Waaa!    stop complaining and go ask Steam for your small refund. One of you said you are married?! Really, and you have nothing better/more important to do than complain/*****. To raise such an issue without any patience for a patch is just silly. Even Dragon Age Inquisition followed it's release with patches. It is normal. Go ask Steam for your refund then

My 2 cents:  Give the Devs some time to fix the game breaking issues.  They deserve a bit of time to fix this in good faith. I believe in them.  I think people should only be discontent if the Devs weren't working to address these issues which they are. We've gotten confirmation through the forums here. I pre-paid for this game and I'm broke as Hell but that is Ok because I made a decision to buy this and I'm sticking by it. Not crying over spilt milk. Have a little patience why don't you and stop acting like a little kid who just dropped his ice cream cone on the sidewalk, is my humble suggestion.

ntblood said:
My 2 cents:  Give the Devs some time to fix the game breaking issues.  They deserve a bit of time to fix this in good faith.

We paid for a -full- release. Not an Alpha. Not a Beta.

Full Release.

If there are game breaking bugs, missing textures *cough* female armours *cough*, and many CTD causing events... the devs screwed up.

I have played Early Access games that felt more complete.

Now I am not saying a game should be bug free. What I am saying is that you shouldn't use your customers as free beta testers. Viking Conquest to be honest feels more like a mod than it does a DLC.

I mean look at the Multiplayer GUI for Napoleonic Wars. Class selection and all that.

When I got on multiplayer on VC, I could have sworn I was on Native with just some extra game modes.

freedomna said:
ntblood said:
My 2 cents:  Give the Devs some time to fix the game breaking issues.  They deserve a bit of time to fix this in good faith.

We paid for a -full- release. Not an Alpha. Not a Beta.

Full Release.

If there are game breaking bugs, missing textures *cough* female armours *cough*, and many CTD causing events... the devs screwed up.

I have played Early Access games that felt more complete.

Now I am not saying a game should be bug free. What I am saying is that you shouldn't use your customers as free beta testers. Viking Conquest to be honest feels more like a mod than it does a DLC.

I mean look at the Multiplayer GUI for Napoleonic Wars. Class selection and all that.

When I got on multiplayer on VC, I could have sworn I was on Native with just some extra game modes.

Agreed, I have gotten multiple crashes just playing single player sandbox, this is exactly what an early release build is. 

ntblood said:
go ask Steam for your refund.
Unless mandated by law (and even then) you have a better chance of winning the indie 500 on a bicycle then you do getting a refund from Steam.

should have looked at the ****ing feedback before buying then shouldn't you. and not blindly bought a game you obviously knew nothing about, and if you pre-ordered it, then more fool you, because any dimwit knows pre-orders are created to get peoples money before they know how good the game is. I pre ordered this game in support of taleworlds, and the development team so I understand that it will be buggy and I accept that. If you expected this game to be in a perfect state at launch than you are an idiot, and deserve absolutely no refund

william2401 said:
I pre ordered this game in support of taleworlds, and the development team so I understand that it will be buggy and I accept that. If you expected this game to be in a perfect state at launch than you are an idiot, and deserve absolutely no refund

I've almost never heard something so dumb.

You like someone who has a restaurant. You oftenly go there and they spit and **** in your food. But "it's okay, I like them anyway so I'm gonna eat their **** and not complain about it".

God. No.

william2401 said:
should have looked at the ******** feedback before buying then shouldn't you. and not blindly bought a game you obviously knew nothing about, and if you pre-ordered it, then more fool you, because any dimwit knows pre-orders are created to get peoples money before they know how good the game is. I pre ordered this game in support of taleworlds, and the development team so I understand that it will be buggy and I accept that. If you expected this game to be in a perfect state at launch than you are an idiot, and deserve absolutely no refund
Darn... I see the error in my ways. You are right, I am an absolute idiot for expecting a game advertised as final release to be in a final released state. I mean how could I have even come to the conclusion that when a developer says the game is being released not as an alpha or beta, but a full version, it means we are going to get a beta copy.

I am guessing it is one them fancy plot twists writers use right? Lead the audience to think one thing, but do the opposite. It has to be because then it would be... them..lying.. to us?

freedomna said:
ntblood said:
go ask Steam for your refund.
Unless mandated by law (and even then) you have a better chance of winning the indie 500 on a bicycle then you do getting a refund from Steam.

You get one. Everyone gets *one* refund from steam. They'll turn you down at first but if you stick at it, you will get one refund. Getting two however...hop on that bicycle buddy, it aint impossible I'm sure but I don't see it happening.

I didn't expect this game to be perfect and bug free, but I certainly didn't expect this game to be this buggy and incomplete. This game is in an exceedingly worse state than Fire and Sword when it came out, and that's really saying something. The devs should at least talk to steam about possible refunds, or at least putting on the store page that this game is not in working condition.

william2401 said:
should have looked at the ******** feedback before buying then shouldn't you. and not blindly bought a game you obviously knew nothing about, and if you pre-ordered it, then more fool you, because any dimwit knows pre-orders are created to get peoples money before they know how good the game is. I pre ordered this game in support of taleworlds, and the development team so I understand that it will be buggy and I accept that. If you expected this game to be in a perfect state at launch than you are an idiot, and deserve absolutely no refund

Victim shaming. Pretty sure the fault goes on the person that sells the lemon, not the person who is tricked into buying it.

That said who cares, devs owned up to their mistake and are fixing it.

Ralepozozaxe said:
I didn't expect this game to be perfect and bug free, but I certainly didn't expect this game to be this buggy and incomplete. This game is in an exceedingly worse state than Fire and Sword when it came out, and that's really saying something. The devs should at least talk to steam about possible refunds, or at least putting on the store page that this game is not in working condition.
This would be perfect. At the very least add a warning saying this is a late-alpha, early-beta test.

freedomna said:
Ralepozozaxe said:
This would be perfect. At the very least add a warning saying this is a late-alpha, early-beta test.
You guys keep saying it's incomplete but how is it incomplete? There are no missing features that were promised as far as I know. There are bugs but that isn't the same. Even the most thoroughly tested games have bugs.

I wouldn't say alpha or beta but I would put a list of known bugs and hardware issues.

Dan11311 said:
freedomna said:
Ralepozozaxe said:
You guys keep saying it's incomplete but how is it incomplete? There are no missing features that were promised as far as I know. There are bugs but that isn't the same. Even the most thoroughly tested games have bugs.

I wouldn't say alpha or beta but I would put a list of known bugs and hardware issues.
Missing Horse Textures
Missing Female Armour meshes
Less than the 100s of weapons we were promised
Less than the 100s of armours we were promised
About as stable Carribean was on Day 1 (an EARLY ACCESS mind you)

I could go on but I played about 10 minutes before I hopped on the far superiour Brytenwalda. [sarcasm] If only the people who made that mod made the DLC [/sarcasm]

Frankly the game is nearly unplayable atm.

Started a game, lost a battle to thieves, got transported to a area (via land) from where you couldn't get back on land. Build a Refuge (accidentally) without any money (cost: 1000??). Went thru battles where after battle statistics were from the previous battle and another one with two thieves and only one was on the map... Quite an horrible experience in a short game time. Hope patches can somewhat repair this mess.

You people defending them. Sad sad sad.

This isn't a NEW game. It's not a new engine. It's not built from scratch. It's not "cutting edge" and therefore prone to bugs. This is nothing more than a large mod (Brytenwalda 2.0 anyone?) so it's not like we're trouncing down new paths here. This is ALL an old hat development wise. They've expanded some but I have yet to see anything in this "DLC" that other mods haven't done. In fact the AI combat is so much better in other mods it's crazy we don't have some of those options.

Such as:
Pre-combat AI orders. Other mods allow you go order (for example) to have your archers form a line and hold fire, infantry advance 10 paces and spread out. Cavalry form a wedge.  All from a nice pre-battle  menu. What do we get....this "dlc".

Just so dissapointed in this "DLC" that I'm getting more and more angry the more I type, so meh. I'm done with this thing for a very long time.

Dan11311 said:

I've already answered this so I'll try and answer it better, with an analogy this time.

Say you're making an apple pie. You put in the crust, and the filling, and you make it all nice and ready for the oven. You put it in the oven and get it baking....

Then you  take it out early and serve it.

That pie is not complete. Does it have everything a pie is supposed to have? Yes. Is it ready? No.

Game = Pie
Content = Ingredients
Bug testing and optimization = Baking

The game is raw. I can't even play it for 5 minutes without it crashing on me. That's with tons of tweaking. It's indigestible.

If you buy a game and you simply can't play it, it's incomplete. Heck, it's more than incomplete. A game can be missing the final level and still be playable until it's patched. Some people are playing just fine. Some people are having a difficult time playing. Some people can't play at all.

xittix said:
You people defending them. Sad sad sad.

This isn't a NEW game. It's not a new engine. It's not built from scratch. It's not "cutting edge" and therefore prone to bugs. This is nothing more than a large mod (Brytenwalda 2.0 anyone?) so it's not like we're trouncing down new paths here. This is ALL an old hat development wise. They've expanded some but I have yet to see anything in this "DLC" that other mods haven't done. In fact the AI combat is so much better in other mods it's crazy we don't have some of those options.

Such as:
Pre-combat AI orders. Other mods allow you go order (for example) to have your archers form a line and hold fire, infantry advance 10 paces and spread out. Cavalry form a wedge.  All from a nice pre-battle  menu. What do we get....this "dlc".

Just so dissapointed in this "DLC" that I'm getting more and more angry the more I type, so meh. I'm done with this thing for a very long time.
^
If anyone could summerise my feelings with this, you just did.

Napoleonic Wars was revolutionary for MB:WB. This feels like I got it off ModDB... expecially when I play multiplayer.

Single Player though is fun... well it has potential to be fun. I am sure after the first wave of patches the SP will be fun (but why do we need a wave of patches on a "released version" is another question), the Multiplayer though needs to be scrapped and redone. At least add NW class selection menus (not the Native mix and match armour and weapons, that wasn't ever any good) and commander battle if nothing else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom