I'd like a refund.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
DefenderoftheCrown said:
ntblood said:
My 2 cents:  Give the Devs some time to fix the game breaking issues.  They deserve a bit of time to fix this in good faith. I believe in them.  I think people should only be discontent if the Devs weren't working to address these issues which they are. We've gotten confirmation through the forums here. I pre-paid for this game and I'm broke as Hell but that is Ok because I made a decision to buy this and I'm sticking by it. Have a little patience why don't you and stop acting like a little kid who just dropped his ice cream cone on the sidewalk, is my humble suggestion.

They released, and marketed, a game as a finished product.  The price exchanged was for a completed product.  Turns out the product was not complete as experienced by a large percentage of the people here, and acknowledged by the developers.  Therefore I want a refund.

How is it unfinished in your opinion? Everything is in the game as far as I am aware but there are bugs. Some related to the new Warband patch (not VC), some that were not caught, and some that are related to hardware issues. Granted, Taleworlds did a very stupid thing when they released a new patch for Warband the same day as VC. Without giving the VC team the chance to update the DLC. When you release a game you are going to get a much larger group of people playing than those who tested it. Therefore more bugs found.

Dan11311 said:
DefenderoftheCrown said:
Dan11311 said:
DefenderoftheCrown said:
Dan11311 said:
Phocks said:
Dan11311 said:
It actually isn't customary for games to be refunded. Nor movies and some electronics. Most stores do not refund them. I don't know where you get this standard practice idea from.

From Valve's history. If a game is launched and remains in a problematic state, they dish out refunds.

See: War Z

I definitely don't expect this game will stay how it is currently. It might even be fixed by the time his support ticket is answered for all I know.

That would be Valve. Having worked in retail and dealt with a lot of customers and policy I can say that a lot of physical stores don't refund games, movies, and some electronics. I've seen similar issues online with many types of merchandise. Really hard to refund a game online. Well, depending on the store.

But you're making some other convoluted argument about physical merchandise versus electronic software.  Since no physical merchandise was exchanged (made clear at beginning of thread), that is irrelevant.

Perhaps. But a lot of online retailers issue license keys that you can write down theoretically. Hence why some do not give refunds. Companies like Valve are really hard to deal with at times. They really don't like giving refunds. If it's really what you want then go for it. I hope you get it.

I'm going to transpose your argument into a scenario or two:

Something is difficult.
Therefore it doesn't exist.

-or-

I'd like to travel from A to B.
The distance is long.
Therefore no-one travels from A to B.

Okay, what? No, I'm not saying they are non-existent. I'm saying most places don't offer them or they are difficult to obtain.

Never said that no one takes the long road.

All I said is it seems rather extreme to be asking for refund at this stage. Especially since these issues are quite common in the gaming industry. You seem so shocked by it.

No.  You're quibbling over irrelevant subjective interpretations.  In your mind, something is hard or unlikely (none of which has been quantitatively verified by anything other than your own opinion), therefore it doesn't happen.  Who cares?  I'm making the argument that this game was marketed as a finished product and it clearly is not.  Therefore a refund is warranted.  You're arguing about a box being returned to target.

DefenderoftheCrown said:
*foams at the mouth*

It's cool man. You'll either get your refund at some point, or the game will be playable. :smile:

This is how it'll go down. Either...

1)-[Unlikely]- Valve responds to you in under 24 hours, they talk you through some support issues, they ask you to "turn it on and off again" and other terribly lame things, tell you to check your cache, reinstall, etc. Eventually they will decide to investigate the issues if they aren't doing so already. They either issue you a refund, or, over the next few weeks or months the game never reaches a playable state for you and you are issued a refund then.

or

2) -[Likely]- They fix the game before then and you get a cool game instead of a refund.

An incomplete game implies something is missing from the game. Can you point out what features are missing and not just in need of some fine tuning?

DefenderoftheCrown said:
Dan11311 said:
DefenderoftheCrown said:
Dan11311 said:
DefenderoftheCrown said:
Dan11311 said:
Phocks said:
Dan11311 said:
It actually isn't customary for games to be refunded. Nor movies and some electronics. Most stores do not refund them. I don't know where you get this standard practice idea from.

From Valve's history. If a game is launched and remains in a problematic state, they dish out refunds.

See: War Z

I definitely don't expect this game will stay how it is currently. It might even be fixed by the time his support ticket is answered for all I know.

That would be Valve. Having worked in retail and dealt with a lot of customers and policy I can say that a lot of physical stores don't refund games, movies, and some electronics. I've seen similar issues online with many types of merchandise. Really hard to refund a game online. Well, depending on the store.

But you're making some other convoluted argument about physical merchandise versus electronic software.  Since no physical merchandise was exchanged (made clear at beginning of thread), that is irrelevant.

Perhaps. But a lot of online retailers issue license keys that you can write down theoretically. Hence why some do not give refunds. Companies like Valve are really hard to deal with at times. They really don't like giving refunds. If it's really what you want then go for it. I hope you get it.

I'm going to transpose your argument into a scenario or two:

Something is difficult.
Therefore it doesn't exist.

-or-

I'd like to travel from A to B.
The distance is long.
Therefore no-one travels from A to B.

Okay, what? No, I'm not saying they are non-existent. I'm saying most places don't offer them or they are difficult to obtain.

Never said that no one takes the long road.

All I said is it seems rather extreme to be asking for refund at this stage. Especially since these issues are quite common in the gaming industry. You seem so shocked by it.

No.  You're quibbling over irrelevant subjective interpretations.  In your mind, something is hard or unlikely (none of which has been quantitatively verified by anything other than your own opinion), therefore it doesn't happen.  Who cares?  I'm making the argument that this game was marketed as a finished product and it clearly is not.  Therefore a refund is warranted.  You're arguing about a box being returned to target.

Okay, forget the whole in-person physical merchandise thing I mentioned. That wasn't the only point I was raising. I was saying similar issues with non-physical copies of software as they do with physical copies of software when it comes to refunds. Depending on the store. According to another user, Valve usually gives refunds so you should be able to get one.  But I guess all of this is irrelevant now.

You and I have a different interpretation about how complete and/or finished this DLC is I guess. Perhaps you have more issues than I do with it

I think most people are feeling the same as the comments on the video itself suggest, sad really could of been a hell of a game.

Phocks said:
DefenderoftheCrown said:
*foams at the mouth*

It's cool man. You'll either get your refund at some point, or the game will be playable. :smile:

This is how it'll go down. Either...

1)-[Unlikely]- Valve responds to you in under 24 hours, they talk you through some support issues, they ask you to "turn it on and off again" and other terribly lame things, tell you to check your cache, reinstall, etc. Eventually they will decide to investigate the issues if they aren't doing so already. They either issue you a refund, or, over the next few weeks or months the game never reaches a playable state for you and you are issued a refund then.

or

2) -[Likely]- They fix the game before then and you get a cool game instead of a refund.
mesor said:
An incomplete game implies something is missing from the game. Can you point out what features are missing and not just in need of some fine tuning?
This is pretty much what I was trying to say in fewer words.

mesor said:

The ability to play it is missing, I find :smile: There are a lot of bugs though, to the point that many people are confused if it's an early or full release. I think that's what people mean when  they say it's incomplete. It just wasn't ready to be released yet.

Early on, the game just didn't work for me. I couldn't get past character creation without the game imploding. Now I've gotten to a point with tweaking the settings file that I can play for a bout 5-10 minutes flawlessly at a nice and high 60 FPS until I crash out when entering combat or cities about 20% of the time.

From rereading the complaints it seems your problem is less the game being incomplete because you didn't mention any feature that is missing or does not function entirely.

It seems your problem is more with the quality of the completed game or rather the lack of in redgards to some features within it which is an entirely different complaint.

DefenderoftheCrown said:
Corkey's video really sums up the game.  I think his demeanor alone is indicative of the general opinion of the game.  But he makes several good points.
Watched it and I agree with him on many aspects. A lot of things need tuning and fixing.

Phocks said:
mesor said:

The ability to play it is missing, I find :smile: There are a lot of bugs though, to the point that many people are confused if it's an early or full release. I think that's what people mean when  they say it's incomplete. It just wasn't ready to be released yet.

Early on, the game just didn't work for me. I couldn't get past character creation without the game imploding. Now I've gotten to a point with tweaking the settings file that I can play for a bout 5-10 minutes flawlessly at a nice and high 60 FPS until I crash out when entering combat or cities about 20% of the time.

Believe it or not, my game hasn't been all that unstable.  I think I've had about 5-10 crashes.  Although that is a lot for just a few hours of play.  But it's the general lack of polish.  Missing textures, clunky performance on campaign map, etc.  Seems like a mod that someone started and never finished. 

Outside of the just poor state and performance of the game, (which is the main reason I want I refund) the game itself is very underwhelming.  People keep talking about the single player gameplay like it's amazing or something.  I find it slightly different from any other free mod on these forums.  And if you really want to blow your mind, go load up Brytenwalda, which is free, and it seems like a better optimized, more fully fleshed out, more interesting game.  We got hoodwinked on this.

mesor said:
From rereading the complaints it seems your problem is less the game being incomplete because you didn't mention any feature that is missing or does not function entirely.

It seems your problem is more with the quality of the completed game or rather the lack of in redgards to some features within it which is an entirely different complaint.

CTD's, campaign map clunky and sluggish, missing textures, broken quests, and wonky things like not being able to leave a battle without surrendering despite winning. 

DefenderoftheCrown said:
Phocks said:
mesor said:

Believe it or not, my game hasn't been all that unstable.  I think I've had about 5-10 crashes.  Although that is a lot for just a few hours of play.  But it's the general lack of polish.  Missing textures, clunky performance on campaign map, etc.  Seems like a mod that someone started and never finished. 

Outside of the just poor state and performance of the game, (which is the main reason I want I refund) the game itself is very underwhelming.  People keep talking about the single player gameplay like it's amazing or something.  I find it slightly different from any other free mod on these forums.  And if you really want to blow your mind, go load up Brytenwalda, which is free, and it seems like a better optimized, more fully fleshed out, more interesting game.  We got hoodwinked on this.
What parts are underwhelming? Aside from combat? I haven't played it enough yet to know.

Did you play Brytenwalda on initial release? It was worse then this. It's fantastic now with years of patches and updates so you can't really compare a fresh release to a game with years of upgrades.

mesor said:
Did you play Brytenwalda on initial release? It was worse then this. It's fantastic now with years of patches and updates so you can't really compare a fresh release to a game with years of upgrades.
Agreed. But Taleworlds should not have released the new WB patch with the new DLC at the same time.

How would the Viking Conquest guys not know about the patch incoming. You would think that they would be the first ones to know, seeing as their DLC was coming out a the same time. I'm starting to not like the patch as a valid excuse for this game's current condition.

Ralepozozaxe said:
How would the Viking Conquest guys not know about the patch incoming. You would think that they would be the first ones to know, seeing as their DLC was coming out a the same time. I'm starting to not like the patch as a valid excuse for this game's current condition.
Yeah, but it probably wasn't the VC team that decided to release it on the 11th but Taleworlds. If Taleworlds didn't give the team access to the patch early enough to test it and patch it then that isn't the team's fault. There are also bugs that a small group of testers might not pick up. Or patches that occur on different hardware setups that need fixing. Some of these things are fairly normal on release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom