I'd like a refund.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Phocks said:
MaHuD said:
Perhaps you should consider to not buy something unless you can afford to loose the money.
I don't have this DLC, nor do I plan on buying it so I am not trying to say it's good or bad, I am simply  trying to tell you my opinion on money spending.

So, your advice is to not buy something unless you're okay with being screwed? I'm not a fan of that policy, nor would I ever accept that from someone selling me anything no matter the value.

I think the discontent is legitimate. How much discontent is appropriate is debatable, and everyone has their own limits.
Err, not in the slightest?
I am saying that it's not smart to spend the money unless you can afford it. As you can see it's not always easy to get your money back and even if the game is top-notch it might not be the best course of action. (perhaps better to wait till discount for example)

JuJu70 said:
DefenderoftheCrown said:
My point about my story wasn't that $12 severely damaged me financially, it was in response to saying the team had "limited resources."  So do I.  And I don't want them taken to accommodate a development team's lack of resources to create a game.  I gave that money for a complete game on the release date.  Not for development and me "waiting."  No thanks.  This wasn't marketed as a kickstart.  So that's why my refund is warranted.

It is about the amount. It's a price of a large pizza, or a lunch at a mediocre restaurant. If you had to spend $300 I would agree that it is a fairly serious investment, but for $11-12, meh. It makes you look like a cheapskate that's all.

The game has some problems. It's playable for me (SP), I have no crashes nothing what other people describe. So saying the game is broken is  a bit far-fetched.

I'm not sure you have the capacity, nor desire, to discuss this rationally, so I won't be responding to you anymore.

The game has been on sale on steam for days and days before launch and is still discounted at the moment (and was AT launch). They knew what they were selling you and marked it down to get maximum sales early on knowing full well it would ebb out the second the truth hit home.

I'm not trying to sling mud at anyone. I'm sure several people have a LOT riding on this. Real people who had a dream, put their time and resources on the line and failed. People with families and commitments. If I had to hock a bad product to keep my family in housing I'd do it too. Also I didn't buy it because I knew this would happen the second I saw the discounted pricing so I'm not actually out anything.

Let this be a lesson to all of you.

DefenderoftheCrown said:
That's not our problem though, is it?  I'm not trying to be a jerk here, but there were no conditions on the money they took from me.  My wife and I are on a particularly tight budget as I am a full-time student and she is our only income.  I have a mortgage, furniture payments, payments for a remodeled kitchen, gas, insurance, groceries, etc.  But none of that was taken into consideration when I purchased this game.  The quantity of money was unconditional.  So why shouldn't we give them the same conditions?

If your financial situation is so dire as you make out here, then perhaps you shouldn't be spending money you cannot afford on pre-ordered DLC's? Or, you know, you could get a job.

Redleg said:
How's that refund coming?  I didn't realize that you could request a refund through a discussion board.  That is really awesome. :roll:

Hah, well done mate.

I think this is being exaggerated a bit, I've got 13 hours into it so far with the only flaw being some minor stuttering when I use space + control.

It has the normal array of minor fixes needed but every game Dldoes these days. Going for a refund without even giving a chance for it to be fixed seems foolish especially on a game that has only been out 2 days.

The game as it is has a solid base to build from and with experiencing Brytenwalda from initial release to now I have full confidence that given the time to take people's criticism on board this will become every bit as amazing a game worth far more then the current £9.

Phocks said:
JuJu70 said:
It is about the amount. It's a price of a large pizza, or a lunch at a mediocre restaurant. If you had to spend $300 I would agree that it is a fairly serious investment, but for $11-12, meh. It makes you look like a cheapskate that's all.

So it's throw-away money that doesn't matter? Why haven't YOU refunded him then? :razz:

I mean, unless it's not your job to pay someone for a product they didn't receive. Like it's not HIS job to pay for a product he didn't receive.

Oh, the entitlement generation is here  :razz:. He made a decision to buy the game early. He can't play and can't wait. Solution: don't get hyped, don't spend money you can't afford to lose, or get patient and wait a few days and see if the developers fix whatever the issues are. He damn well knows there are no refunds for software products.  Your expectations are your problem.

mesor said:
I think this is being exaggerated a bit, I've got 13 hours into it so far with the only flaw being some minor stuttering when I use space + control.

It has the normal array of minor fixes needed but every game Dldoes these days. Going for a refund without even giving a chance for it to be fixed seems foolish especially on a game that has only been out 2 days.

Consider yourself one of the lucky ones. I can't play more than a few minutes without CTD, and that's after getting freaky-deeky with settings to optimize performance.

JuJu70 said:
Oh, the entitlement generation is here  :razz:.

Customers are entitled. They are entitled to the products they purchase to be delivered as advertised.

I know that's shocking, but it's true.

I don't know why I'm responding to a troll anyways, guess I'm done.

Fair enough, but would it not be better to give them a chance to fix it first, rather then getting a refund now then in 3 months having to pay more to get it when it's fixed?

A refund at day 2 is jumping the gun a little.

Mr.Milker said:
DefenderoftheCrown said:
*THIS ISN'T A RANT.*

Dear Sir or Madam of the Viking Conquest Development Team,

I purchased this title in good faith based on the reputation of the Mount and Blade brand

cfe1e187cd5703d9d1513ae24937b4839e3a7f1c97972667f576b79a1b2874a6.jpg

Ah yes, the fabled stability and bug free state of any Mount and Blade game on release. Yes.

That sums it up quite good.

mesor said:
Fair enough, but would it not be better to give them a chance to fix it first, rather then getting a refund now then in 3 months having to pay more to get it when it's fixed?

I agree, I'm definitely not going to ask for a refund yet. I've got faith they'll patch it and make it right, and I'm patient enough to wait. I also understand their circumstances and don't fault them much for making the mistakes they've made. It's cool.

However I don't fault this guy for wanting a refund either.

Wow, some people here sound entitled indeed. The exaggerations, holy crap. Does anyone remember Rome 2? Battlefield 4? Way more unstable than VC on release and from triple A publishers that usually only half patch stuff. This game has been out for two days for crying out loud. Give it a chance.

That being said does anyone want to share hardware specs? If you have a crappy computer this DLC probably won't run well. I remember that Brytenwalda was a pretty heavy mod that needed a lot of resources. A lot of bugs may be due to the new WB patch as well as hardware issues. Not the game itself. The team even mentioned that the missing textures weren't missing when they handed the product over to be published.

It actually isn't customary for games to be refunded. Nor movies and some electronics. Most stores do not refund them. I don't know where you get this standard practice idea from.

mesor said:

Give them a chance to fix?  I didn't pay for that.  No other industry is run like that.  Do you buy a broken car then give them a chance to fix?  No thanks.  Release a completed product or don't release at all.  Again, if they had made it clear this was a work in progress this would be a completely different situation.

Dan11311 said:
Wow, some people here sound entitled indeed. The exaggerations, holy crap. Does anyone remember Rome 2? Battlefield 4? Way more unstable than VC on release and from triple A publishers that usually only half patch stuff. This game has been out for two days for crying out loud. Give it a chance.

That being said does anyone want to share hardware specs? If you have a crappy computer this DLC probably won't run well. I remember that Brytenwalda was a pretty heavy mod that needed a lot of resources. A lot of bugs may be due to the new WB patch as well as hardware issues. Not the game itself. The team even mentioned that the missing textures weren't missing when they handed the product over to be published.

It actually isn't customary for games to be refunded. Nor movies and some electronics. Most stores do not refund them. I don't know where you get this standard practice idea from.

Businesses routinely do this.  If you aren't convinced, return a steak at a top notch restaurant.  Or just return a product you don't like to walmart.  Or if you really want to get technical, there is an entire category of accounting related to dealing with refunds.  It's pretty much a part of every single retailer/wholesaler/manufacturer's existence. 

And all have to routinely weigh the benefits of just blowing off your potential customer and getting a bad reputation versus just eating the cost and keeping people coming back.  This should not be all that mysterious or difficult to comprehend.

DefenderoftheCrown said:
mesor said:

Give them a chance to fix?  I didn't pay for that.  No other industry is run like that.  Do you buy a broken car then give them a chance to fix?  No thanks.  Release a completed product or don't release at all.  Again, if they had made it clear this was a work in progress this would be a completely different situation.

The real issue here seems to be, that someone broke into your house and forced you to pre-order. Obviously, if you pre-ordered before reading the reviews, you've lost all credibility and have no reason to complain because you had the chance to wait.

Dan11311 said:

From Valve's history. If a game is launched and remains in a problematic state, they dish out refunds.

See: War Z

I definitely don't expect this game will stay how it is currently. It might even be fixed by the time his support ticket is answered for all I know.

Phocks said:
Dan11311 said:

From Valve's history. If a game is launched and remains in a problematic state, they dish out refunds.

See: War Z

I definitely don't expect this game will stay how it is currently. It might even be fixed by the time his support ticket is answered for all I know.

Lol, ideally the game would be fixed right now and I can eat crow.  We shall see.  No response yet on the support ticket.  Any idea how long it takes to get a response?

DefenderoftheCrown said:
Dan11311 said:

Businesses routinely do this.  If you aren't convinced, return a steak at a top notch restaurant.  Or just return a product you don't like to walmart.  Or if you really want to get technical, there is an entire category of accounting related to dealing with refunds.  It's pretty much a part of every single retailer/wholesaler/manufacturer's existence. 

And all have to routinely weigh the benefits of just blowing off your potential customer and getting a bad reputation versus just eating the cost and keeping people coming back.  This should not be all that mysterious or difficult to comprehend.

You may get a refund because you got it on Steam. However, most stores do not refund opened/used games or DVDs unless they are actually broken. Even then games are sketchy due to the possibility that the person jotted down the license key. With DVDs someone might have already burned a copy and then broke it. I work in retail (at Wal-Mart), I've seen a lot of refund scenarios. However, when it comes to this game because it isn't a physical copy and it isn't broken (not in my opinion at least) I don't see why a refund is warranted. It's been two days. There have been plenty of games released in the past decade that were buggy at release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom