I'd like a refund.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to say the game is kind of unplayable for most people. It only took me about 3 minutes in game to not be able to back out of a recruit screen and essentially have to start over. I'm normally pretty rough on judging games, but I'm 100% a m&b fanboy, so I am personally giving everything a pass for future fixes here.

If I wasn't the fanboy I am, i would expect a to be able to obtain a refund in some manner for this type of buggy relese. Once you start asking for money, you put yourself under a different umbrella than the pure goodwill a mod developer gets. That 10 - 15 dollars could easily buy several high quality indie games, and AAA games at sale prices. 

I wouldn't blast anybody expecting a refund, because while you could argue disliking game design doesn't deserve a refund, you can't really argue with bugs that just don't let you even play the game.

Furrnox said:
He' talking about how you should wait for reviews before you buy a game so you may find out if it's is good or bad before you buy it.

That's standard practice.  Particularly for an untested company or game.  But this is another release from a company that is fairly established with their own brand and niche in the market.  Even the ill-fated WFAS, a game which I actually enjoyed, had a level of "completeness" to it that was similar to the previous releases.  VC on release is a lot different from what has been released in the past.  It's a mess.  Thus, I feel a refund is warranted and applicable.

Phocks said:
Foffy123 said:
If it were this bad before release why didn't they just delay it?

As I understand it their resources were pretty limited. The problems weren't discovered with their bug testing because the testing wasn't extensive enough.

That's not our problem though, is it?  I'm not trying to be a jerk here, but there were no conditions on the money they took from me.  My wife and I are on a particularly tight budget as I am a full-time student and she is our only income.  I have a mortgage, furniture payments, payments for a remodeled kitchen, gas, insurance, groceries, etc.  But none of that was taken into consideration when I purchased this game.  The quantity of money was unconditional.  So why shouldn't we give them the same conditions?

I'm sorry, but this is either knowingly sweeping problems under the rug to meet a release date, or gross incompetence.  Either way, the only ethical thing for the developers to do is acknowledge the massive discontent with the game and offer refunds.  I would honestly reconsider buying again in the future if they did this.

Phocks said:
Foffy123 said:

As I understand it their resources were pretty limited. The problems weren't discovered with their bug testing because the testing wasn't extensive enough.
I really find that hard to believe. The problems are extensive enough that even bare-bones quality control (a single playthrough even) would catch at least some of them.

Phocks said:
Foffy123 said:

Not extensive enough? It was obvious that this wasn't ready for release as soon as I stepped into the world map for the first time. Call me crazy, but I don't think playing the game for 20 minutes constitutes as extensive testing. If whatever method of testing was used couldn't pick up on what 20 minutes of playing the game revealed, then it's just not a method of testing a game.

Phocks said:
IA said:
Unless it's required by local law Steam doesn't give refunds. Only refunds offered are for pre-orders before they're released.

At least in the US, it's federal law that defective products be eligible for refund. Some local laws get screwy with it and offer a lot of weird stipulations, but yeah.

Valve will, however, try and get you NOT to do it, and often try and talk you out of it or encourage you to fix the issue. :smile:

That of course excludes software movies music etc  :razz: Good luck with that. The most you get out of them is store credit.

DefenderoftheCrown said:
Phocks said:
Foffy123 said:

That's not our problem though, is it?  I'm not trying to be a jerk here, but there were no conditions on the money they took from me.  My wife and I are on a particularly tight budget as I am a full-time student and she is our only income.  I have a mortgage, furniture payments, payments for a remodeled kitchen, gas, insurance, groceries, etc.  But none of that was taken into consideration when I purchased this game.  The quantity of money was unconditional.  So why shouldn't we give them the same conditions?

I'm sorry, but this is either knowingly sweeping problems under the rug to meet a release date, or gross incompetence.  Either way, the only ethical thing for the developers to do is acknowledge the massive discontent with the game and offer refunds.  I would honestly reconsider buying again in the future if they did this.

Wow, what a pathetic story, a guy with all the mortgage payments can't afford a tenner for a game. But I bet you don't forget to buy your beer, do you?

The Devs said they are working on hotfixes.

Relax and be just a little patient?

I play Warframe and I get crashes on occasion...and that has undergone nearly 300 patches/hotfixes.

DefenderoftheCrown said:
Phocks said:
Foffy123 said:

Perhaps you should consider to not buy something unless you can afford to loose the money.
I don't have this DLC, nor do I plan on buying it so I am not trying to say it's good or bad, I am simply  trying to tell you my opinion on money spending.

MaHuD said:
Perhaps you should consider to not buy something unless you can afford to loose the money.
I don't have this DLC, nor do I plan on buying it so I am not trying to say it's good or bad, I am simply  trying to tell you my opinion on money spending.

So, your advice is to not buy something unless you're okay with being screwed? I'm not a fan of that policy, nor would I ever accept that from someone selling me anything no matter the value.

I think the discontent is legitimate. How much discontent is appropriate is debatable, and everyone has their own limits.

JuJu70 said:
Phocks said:
IA said:
Unless it's required by local law Steam doesn't give refunds. Only refunds offered are for pre-orders before they're released.

At least in the US, it's federal law that defective products be eligible for refund. Some local laws get screwy with it and offer a lot of weird stipulations, but yeah.

Valve will, however, try and get you NOT to do it, and often try and talk you out of it or encourage you to fix the issue. :smile:

That of course excludes software movies music etc  :razz: Good luck with that. The most you get out of them is store credit.

That would suffice.

JuJu70 said:
DefenderoftheCrown said:
Phocks said:
Foffy123 said:

Wow, what a pathetic story, a guy with all the mortgage payments can't afford a tenner for a game. But I bet you don't forget to buy your beer, do you?

I don't drink beer.  And I think you missed the point.

While you're entitled to a refund (imho) considering its $12 and they're promising to fix it... if you enjoy M&B might as well wait? $12 Steam credit isn't exactly going to impact your budget wildly (i'm a student too - without a wife to support me either - my GF is a student as well).

Yes. They... blew the dog on this release. Yes its not acceptable and the practice of buggy releases is annoying as ****. However pragmatically? Your refund wont send a message to the devs (who are already reasonably apologetic albeit they should be) and if you're a big M&B fan you may end just re-purchasing it later.

That said your entitled to do so imho however unless i had no intention of touching the DLC i'd wait for a fix.

My point about my story wasn't that $12 severely damaged me financially, it was in response to saying the team had "limited resources."  So do I.  And I don't want them taken to accommodate a development team's lack of resources to create a game.  I gave that money for a complete game on the release date.  Not for development and me "waiting."  No thanks.  This wasn't marketed as a kickstart.  So that's why my refund is warranted. 

JuJu70 said:

As he's said, that wasn't at all intended to be a sob story. He mentioned his finances as an example that people don't give you a break when it comes to money. He is wondering why he's expected to give them a break when it comes to product. They didn't say "Pay us what you want" so why would it be acceptable for them to deliver what they want?

Mind you, I don't necessarily agree with this mindset. I'm just trying to help out.

Phocks said:
JuJu70 said:

As he's said, that wasn't at all intended to be a sob story. He mentioned his finances as an example that people don't give you a break when it comes to money. He is wondering why he's expected to give them a break when it comes to product. They didn't say "Pay us what you want" so why would it be acceptable for them to deliver what they want?

Mind you, I don't necessarily agree with this mindset. I'm just trying to help out.

A lot of upstart companies have had success with a "pay what you think it's worth" pricing model.  As crazy as it sounds there's some software companies that have become hugely profitable with this business model.  And honestly, there have been times where I would have paid more for retail for certain products. 

This whole argument of "just wait until it's fixed" is the classic bait and switch.  If they'd advertised it as a work in progress, that's a different story.  But it clearly wasn't advertised that way, and it clearly isn't satisfying most people's reasonable expectations.  That's why there's outrage, and why this is a very bad long term business decision for these guys.

DefenderoftheCrown said:
My point about my story wasn't that $12 severely damaged me financially, it was in response to saying the team had "limited resources."  So do I.  And I don't want them taken to accommodate a development team's lack of resources to create a game.  I gave that money for a complete game on the release date.  Not for development and me "waiting."  No thanks.  This wasn't marketed as a kickstart.  So that's why my refund is warranted.

It is about the amount. It's a price of a large pizza, or a lunch at a mediocre restaurant. If you had to spend $300 I would agree that it is a fairly serious investment, but for $11-12, meh. It makes you look like a cheapskate that's all.

The game has some problems. It's playable for me (SP), I have no crashes nothing what other people describe. So saying the game is broken is  a bit far-fetched.

JuJu70 said:
DefenderoftheCrown said:

It is about the amount. It's a price of a large pizza, or a lunch at a mediocre restaurant. If you had to spend $300 I would agree that it is a fairly serious investment, but for $11-12, meh. It makes you look like a cheapskate that's all.

The game has some problems. It's playable for me (SP), I have no crashes nothing what other people describe. So saying the game is broken is  a bit far-fetched.

ugh people who cant read. He wasn't being literal you tard. Look up the word comparison. It is a really ******** simple word to understand. He was comparing his circumstances to that of the developers and saying that he was not given a discount because he wasn't wealthy so why the **** would you cut the developers slack for not being flush with cash....

You idiot.

JuJu70 said:

So it's throw-away money that doesn't matter? Why haven't YOU refunded him then? :razz:

I mean, unless it's not your job to pay someone for a product they didn't receive. Like it's not HIS job to pay for a product he didn't receive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom