I'd like a refund.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ralepozozaxe said:
mesor said:
But the majority of complaints are being aimed at the Brytenwalda team not taleworlds who had no control over when it was released.

If the Brytenwalda guys having to work 100 hours weeks to get it out by Taleworlds wanted time, then my complaints about bugs and refunds go to Taleworlds.

The stuff about 2-handers and gameplay stuff/content go to Brytenwalda, as they'll be the ones to change/explain it.
I mostly agree with this statement. I think the team needed a longer development cycle.

Six days and here is the response:

"As with most software products, we do not offer refunds or exchanges for
purchases made through Steam. Please review Section 3 of the Steam Subscriber
Agreement for more information. "

And then this:

"Please send me a screenshot of your conversation with this game’s support team
showing the steps you've taken to resolve technical issues you are encountering
with this title and I will investigate this matter further. "

I am getting a massive X-rebirth vibe here in every way.

I see no reason that this will not be properly patched if not also updated with more content, in time.  Not too much time either, like most games taking years to be properly patched.

Redleg said:
There are several OSP weapon and armor packs out there, and several were used in Brytenwalda.  The problem, as I understand it, is that since this DLC is not free, the designers could not legitimately borrow OSP items, at least not without permission from the creators and perhaps even some sort of commission. 

I'll also add to this that many of the code additions of Bretynwalda (freelancer for example) were most likely not included for this same reason.. Viking Conquest is essentially native, and as with native i'm sure many of the gripes people have with this mod and missing features from bretynwalda can be implemented by the community.

I can see this being a similar issue with Bannerlord, can't wait for the I DEMAND A REFUND! threads that will come on that one when they release it because at present there are Warband mods that have more depth to them (Silverstag for example, I doubt half the features in that mod in terms of kingdom and party management will be present in the next game).

After yesterday's update i'm finding the game even more playable and fun now, congrats to dev team!  :smile:

KidKoala said:
YourStepDad said:
Viking Conquest is essentially native

What? :lol:

I mean't that in the sense that it is the basis for the game to be modded further with many of the features people take for granted in other mods (like enhanced tournaments) I probably didn't word it very well.

are you trying to tell me that game developers should now sell ripped to the bone games and just say, hey add  **** yourself?? wow you people are having more and more interesting ideas

Radix said:
KidKoala said:
YourStepDad said:
Viking Conquest is essentially native

What? :lol:

I mean't that in the sense that it is the basis for the game to be modded further with many of the features people take for granted in other mods (like enhanced tournaments) I probably didn't word it very well.

are you trying to tell me that game developers should now sell ripped to the bone games and just say, hey add  **** yourself?? wow you people are having more and more interesting ideas

No. What he said is that VC, just like native, is a great template. One that can be expanded further, explored to new levels and ideas. Unlikely most games that lock you to one set of gameplay and thats it.

Or you would prefer this game to be non moddable? Then after 20-40 hours you would simple uninstall it and forget about the game. Like most out there.

Ozone said:
Because it's further perpetuates to devs that this behavior of broken on release "but-but were totally going to fix it guys just wait some more!!!"

Seriously ******** sick of it.
and this is so unplayable, only one mod has ever had the same amount of map lag and that was Sword of damocles warlords.

RIDICULOUS
I don't have the Viking DLC but I'm 100% sure why they are having map speed issues if that be the case.

Computica said:
I don't have the Viking DLC but I'm 100% sure why they are having map speed issues if that be the case.

Right, you brought this thread back to life to say that ... but you forgot to actualy say the why heheh

So what is causing the map issues ? (cant say sea travel, too many npcs in the map, map too big, npcs stuck, too many lords. We know those 5 reasons already  :grin:).

I'm sure that they aren't actually deleting the parties from the map once there empty. Plus what you mentioned isn't causing the map to lag, the other reason could be scripts that happen via simple triggers that check every party on the world map, especially if it checks for parties inside parties.

I didn't expect much when I bought this mod but it blew my expectations! I am disappointed Taleworlds allowed this. Vikingr was much better; you didn't have to pay for it, it didnt have broken bugs and hackers. The multiplayer in this overpriced mod is terrible and no one plays it. Anyone reading this and haven't bought it. Don't

You could argue that this game puts its focus on singleplayer but the singleplayer is buggy, boring and lacks of items and things to do. You do a boat battle once and it gets old really quick.

You guys really don't get it do you. The guy's argument is completely valid, personally I don't want a refund because when I pre-order this on steam it was listed as early access so I was prepared for the bugs and after brytenwalda I was more than happy to give the dev's £10 but a lot of people stated they were told by the devs this was a finished product. Im not sure why steam told me it was early access and the devs said otherwise but that's a separate argument. Anyone saying "well all the other games come up bugged so this is acceptable" is an idiot sorry to be rude but its true. We as customers are being far too understanding to these companies and this is probably why every game that comes out now is bugged to hell. I do think the anger is mis-directed I know the dev's are probably taking all the heat on this but I bet it was taleworlds that pushed the release. I imagine this game was the dev's baby and they probably did want to push the release back (of course this is all speculations) and perfect it. They made the mod for free fgs so they clearly enjoy what they do and I know from personal experience the person taking the blame generally doesn't deserve, not that the dev's could say this due to their job security!

There is a lot of spam in this thread, and I understand why some people would want a refund and can accept their decision.

Personally I do not want a refund, even though my game crashes quite a lot.
I know for a fact that I have received my $$$ over and over an over again from all of the superb Developers at Taleworlds who have provided us all with thousands of hours of enjoyment from all of the varied Mods freely available...(There are way too many to name, however I have played and completed global domination on at least 30 different Mods)

Brytwalda,Persino,PoP, ASOIF,.etc.....Hell even all the Mods that Gabby did with the West..They are all *AWESOME* and have kept me entertained for years.

I just think myself lucky that this Community is so strong, and when there IS a problem, there are many people willing to generously and unselfishly give their time for the love of the game to help those of us with problems.

I have complete faith in the developers to fix any problems within their control.

With the latest version the DLC seems to be very stable and most bugs are squashed;
and we're still working to improve and expand on the DLC.
This thread is redundant but I'll keep it open for a while still, if anyone has more input.

I'm a die hard m&b fan so i'm not asking for a refund, but it really pisses me off when game/software developers rush to launch a game that is no where near ready so they can pay the bills. It seems to be a common trend though and unless gamers start making a fuss about the piss poor quality of games at launch its just going to continue to get worse. Everyone who says just wait for a patch is missing the point entirely imo.

I work in social media and no matter how badly you need to pay the bills doing an early launch when you know there are tons of issues is going to hurt your company in the long run. Not just from all the money you're going to lose from sales on the game you launched early because of all the negative reviews but you also undermine the consumers faith in your ability to release quality products in the future.

From this DLC release 10 min into the game the quest line breaks when you go to attack the bandit camp with the dumb guy who wont leave your party no mater how many times to tell him too even though you never actually invited him to join your party. Then 5 min later it breaks again when no matter what you do you can't kill the king. Also the problems with NPC ships getting stuck on the beach is really annoying. These are things that anyone testing the game would have noticed on the first play though.

Imo if you're so broke you can't release a quality game sell the licence and go back to your day job instead of pissing on all your long time M&B fans by releasing something with so many obvious issues. I mean beta testers are free so i don't feel like a developer has any excuse other than not caring about the quality of their work.

With how so many game developers release crap and plan to fix it later consumers should really band together and force games to be held to the same standards as any other product you purchase. Refunds will eventually be forced on game developers and it will crush small developers that get caught up in a bad release.

just my two cents, nothing against M&B. I had an issue with steam when i purchased a game that said it had LAN, but they ported it to steam and removed the lan feature. Steam wouldn't give a refund on the game even though it was being stripped down. So any time steam refunds come up it get my blood boiling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom