I'd like a refund.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
*THIS ISN'T A RANT.*

Dear Sir or Madam of the Viking Conquest Development Team,

I purchased this title in good faith based on the reputation of the Mount and Blade brand, and also on the quality demonstrated by the Brytenwalda mod.  I feel this is an unfinished product, far beneath the quality that has been experienced in the past from the Mount and Blade franchise.  After reading some feedback from representatives from your team, it appears you acknowledge the poor state of this game and that improvements are required.  You've also stated that prior to release, the game was extensively tested and none of this issues were present.  I find that hard to believe.  Whether this is blatant deception or gross incompetence is irrelevant to me at this point.  I did not exchange money with you under the agreement I was increasing your team's cash flow temporarily whilst you continue to work towards a completed product.  The game was never marketed as a kickstart or a game in development that would require continued development over time to get it to a point where it was functioning properly.

So I therefore feel a refund is warranted, and would like my money returned immediately.  If you continue to develop this game and it is eventually in a state in accordance to a proper finished product comparable to past Mount and Blade releases, I will happily pay for it then.  But as of now, I feel you have an ethical obligation to give a refund to those customers like myself who are unsatisfied with this clearly incomplete product. 

Sincerely,

Dissatisfied M & B Fan

Where'd you buy it? If you bought it through steam you can request a refund from them. They are usually more than happy to give you a refund at least once. Afterwards, you might have to fight for it.

DefenderoftheCrown said:
Yes, I bought it through steam.  How do I submit the request?

Contact steam support. From the steam main panel, find "Help" at the top, then Steam Support. They might not give you a full refund unless the game is proven to be... problematic. Sad to say this DLC might be fair game for a refund.

Unless it's required by local law Steam doesn't give refunds. Only refunds offered are for pre-orders before they're released.

I also would like a refund if possible. I heard that the developers can talk to steam and make it more possible to get refunds since they don't usually do them. I like the mount and blade games, but the release state of this was too much.

IA said:
Unless it's required by local law Steam doesn't give refunds. Only refunds offered are for pre-orders before they're released.

At least in the US, it's federal law that defective products be eligible for refund. Some local laws get screwy with it and offer a lot of weird stipulations, but yeah.

Valve will, however, try and get you NOT to do it, and often try and talk you out of it or encourage you to fix the issue. :smile:

onarum said:
took a while for all the refund nonsense to start, well I guess o the steam forums it must have been like 2 hours after release, but I avoid going there *shivers*

This may be "nonsense" to you, but it's fairly standard practice in the business world.

DefenderoftheCrown said:
*THIS ISN'T A RANT.*

Dear Sir or Madam of the Viking Conquest Development Team,

I purchased this title in good faith based on the reputation of the Mount and Blade brand

cfe1e187cd5703d9d1513ae24937b4839e3a7f1c97972667f576b79a1b2874a6.jpg

Ah yes, the fabled stability and bug free state of any Mount and Blade game on release. Yes.

Phocks said:
IA said:

At least in the US, it's federal law that defective products be eligible for refund. Some local laws get screwy with it and offer a lot of weird stipulations, but yeah.

Steam will, however, try and get you NOT to do it, and often try and talk you out of it or encourage you to fix the issue though :smile:

Yeah, I'll keep everyone posted of the outcome.  I've never requested a refund from Steam before and I have a large library of games with them.  Hopefully they will be reasonable.

Pineapple_ said:
Then you shouldn't have preordered if you are displeased with the product.
Wait, how does that even work? Wouldn't you have to be able to see the future to be able to know you would be displeased with it BEFORE you buy it?

Mr.Milker said:
Ah yes, the fabled stability and bug free state of any Mount and Blade game on release. Yes.
Does that make the current state of VC acceptable in any way? If it doesn't work, I don't see why anyone wouldn't be entitled to a refund. Personally, I would probably get a refund as well and then just re-buy it when it's fixed. It seems like that would be a great way to put pressure on the team to get patches out.

If it were this bad before release why didn't they just delay it? The current situation is simply ridiculous, we shouldn't have to wait for patches to un-break the game. It wouldn't be a problem if this were a mod, but it's not.

Because it's further perpetuates to devs that this behavior of broken on release "but-but were totally going to fix it guys just wait some more!!!"

Seriously ****ing sick of it.
and this is so unplayable, only one mod has ever had the same amount of map lag and that was Sword of damocles warlords.

RIDICULOUS

Foffy123 said:
If it were this bad before release why didn't they just delay it?

As I understand it their resources were pretty limited. The problems weren't discovered with their bug testing because the testing wasn't extensive enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom