SP - General I would like to suggest adding harder difficultly level

Users who are viewing this thread

GMBarak

Regular
Hi,

This game became too easy for me and I want to play with more challenge.
One way this could be implemented without spoiling the fun of the game is in my opinion enabling snowballing in this difficulty - so the game will become a race against time and you will need to go after the snowballing kingdom as soon as you create a kingdom, another might be adding barter penalty.

in my opinion hurting the player speed in campaign will be too hard of a cripple and should not be in this difficulty.

If any other gamer have other suggestions, please contribute your advice.

Thanks!

Perhaps avoid the snowballing, devs has been working on fixing it for too long now lol. But in terms of challenge, I would like stronger bandit parties, with more troops as well. Deserters would be great to have as well. Quest feels too easy imo, I want quest to be more challenging, with greater rewards. Tournaments are hard when you first start the game with low skills, but it becomes way to easy later on.

Perhaps avoid the snowballing, devs has been working on fixing it for too long now lol. But in terms of challenge, I would like stronger bandit parties, with more troops as well. Deserters would be great to have as well. Quest feels too easy imo, I want quest to be more challenging, with greater rewards. Tournaments are hard when you first start the game with low skills, but it becomes way to easy later on.
Yes, increased bandit party size, or randomly create bandit minor factions with bandit leader and larger parties would be great in my opinion, would add a survival aspect to the game which will will make the game more enjoyable. for me tournaments are always hard because I focus on management skills and hardly improve my combat skills

Yes, increased bandit party size, or randomly create bandit minor factions with bandit leader and larger parties would be great in my opinion, would add a survival aspect to the game which will will make the game more enjoyable. for me tournaments are always hard because I focus on management skills and hardly improve my combat skills
Tournaments should have difficulty levels as well, vsing different tier groups depending on the levels. We have bandit leaders in hideouts, why not have them roaming around the map and harrassing caravans, farmers, maybe even lords if they are strong enough? It would be great if you don't eliminate them in time, they'll grow stronger with more bandits.

As a fan of grinding, I'd like to have an extremely annoying level of difficulty that would remind you all the way through that you're a peasant and becoming nobility is hard.

As a peasant:
*no recruits for you until you reach a certain level of relationship with the npcs. (requires more variety of quests, doable as a single person like winning a tournament and bringing them the prize) hire mercanaries if you can.
*gear and weapons are much more expensive for you. Anything but basic are disabled. We don't want peasants to bear arms.
*some lords to treat you as possible bandits if you interact. Disband your group of men or you'll be attacked.
*negative relation with merchants in town whenever you trade goods the craftsmen need. You're a peasant, trade is their monopoly. Positive relation with craftsmen if you sell cheap to them directly but increases criminal rating. Double trade penalty unless the good you trade is desperately needed. (non existent)
*no peace option until you become mercanary/noble with a kingdom if once you become hostile.

As a mercanary:
*you get a contract only if majority of clans are acceptive to you.(+10 relation minimum) Default start is negative for all of them, number depends on traits of the clan leader. (requires more variety of quests from nobles)
*you're called to service by lords whenever you're not in an army or doing a quest for a lord (raiding, leveling up soldiers etc) . Don't comply, your contract ends, your relations reset to minus with all clans.
*trade and recruitment penalties don't apply to kingdom you're hired but double penalties with all others.

As a noble:
* you become one only if all clans in the kingdom agree. (+10)
*your family members or companions can lead their own parties just from now on.
*you receive periodic - 1 relation with every clan whose leader isn't good natured apart of your allies. Also receive - 10 whenever you're granted a fief. Number of clans hating you for becoming a noble or owning land decreases based on your clan tier. You also receive positive with good natured ones that claim founding a dynasty is more noble than inheriting. This also decreases based on your clan tier.
*You can only build an army with member of clans equal to your tier or lower.
*Same as above with marriage.
*Lose a fief you were granted and immediate minus relation with other 2 clans that were in voting. Number depends on traits of the clan leader.

As an independent ruler:
*own a settlement and not declare kingdom for a certain amount of time, everyone declares war on you. No peace option unless ai offers it.
*own a settlement and declare kingdom, all neighbours and any kingdom held that settlement before you declares war. No peace unless they offer.
* barter option is disabled with landless lords unless you own at least 2 settlements and grant them one. It is also disabled with any clan whose tier is higher than yours.
* legitimacy penalty (same as culture penalty) for all kingdom settlements until you recruit a certain number of clans.

General:
*one save only
*battle death is enabled for player as well
*execution is certain for all occasions of being captured if player used it earlier on anyone

Last edited:
Currently, AI combat skill scales with weapon skill (eg, high skill in 1H weapons makes AI block, swing, feint etc better) such that the max AI intelligence is around 330 skill.

The problem with that being that the only time you ever actually see max-intelligence combat AI is Caladog (300 starting skill in melee weapons), because all regular units don't come anywhere close to the cap. Elite Menavliatons, for example, are a tier 5 unit with 130 skill in polearms/one-handed. That only gets them a third of the way to peak combat AI. Meanwhile, the Tier 1-4 units that make up the vast majority of combatants are way way lower, T4 units tend to be around 100 skill and T1/2/3 are typically around 40/40/70, meaning they're just actual clowns (10-20% of max intelligence) relative to the game's current, literally already-implemented AI potential.

It's cool and thematic that there's super-skilled lords running around with crazy tough combat AI above any normal unit, I don't have a problem with that. And it's nice that the game supports having a skilled, high-tier archer unit that is conversely incompetent in a melee. But there's a criminal under-usage of the full skill spectrum - I'd like to see basically all units increased in skill significantly, or alternately the scaling of AI reworked. (It's a game model, so easy to change and or mod.)

The exact skill of any given unit varies a good bit, but right now, the combat intelligence scaling of units per tier goes something like:
T1: 10% of maximum potential AI level
T2: 10%
T3: 20%
T4: 30%
T5: 40%
T6: 70%
Caladog: 90%

And I'd like to see that scaled to something more like 10 -> 25 -> 40 -> 55 -> 70 -> 85 -> 100%. If the average army is mostly T3/4 units, then you'd see the predominant combat AI increase from 20-30% of max smarts to 40-55% of max smarts, which I think is much more in line with the skilled, well-equipped, professional soldiers those tiers otherwise represent.

The final intelligence value is ultimately subject to campaign difficulty settings anyways - Very Easy setting Caladog is similar to Realistic setting tier one recruits - so it's not like there's a risk of new/casual players being overwhelmed.

Wow, murtega, I read your post, that's nightmare difficulty level :smile:
I was hoping something extreme like this when they announced Ironman but turned out to be just an anti-savescum thing. I'll try a self limited campaign with similar rules and console commands - if I can- when they move 1.5.10 to live and see how annoying it becomes.

Trying to keep realistic expectations on what taleworlds could add/change so maybe a way they could increase the difficulty is by making it harder to climb the social ladder and a general increase to wages, as it stands you can go to all the villages, round up an army and fight 1 war and you're considered king material, an interesting early game would be forcing players into crime to get money or trade low cost good for longer ect, killing bandits shouldnt be profitable unless you raid where they stash their loot, just make it harder to get by and perhaps needing another lord to "knight" you if you're low born, just an excuse to build relationships and do quests for them.

Back
Top Bottom