I wish there were more very basic stuff

Users who are viewing this thread

talior3

Recruit
It's really not complicated to add just simple behavior content, like -

Being able to send a separate army to conquer a town
Being able to station soldiers outside of some village with commands like ambushing or waiting etc.

Things like that. I find the current game even with many mods added just lackluster when it comes to very simple stuff.

I mean the heavy part of programming the battle itself, and the AI, they're already existent, so to add a simpler layer upon it is very simple and yet in that respect the game isn't too rich.

I find myself looking for modules to provide very simple functionality, it's like the developers are specifically relying on their userbase to do their work for them.

I love the game, but it's just dissappointing how even simple stuff doesn't exist.

Dont know why people still dont understand what early access means after this long line of early access games.....but sure its been confusing to when the line has been drawn in so many different directions and excuses to safeproduce something.

However the game is still in production and not finished yet which they have stated

Dont know why people still dont understand what early access means after this long line of early access games.....but sure its been confusing to when the line has been drawn in so many different directions and excuses to safeproduce something.

However the game is still in production and not finished yet which they have stated
And? The point remains, I didn't doom this game to failure, just pointing out very basic stuff that everyone agrees on.
And particularly because of that reason, people like me adding pressure and suggestions will come into play and manifest in the end result.

If nobody says anything now in this early access stage you mention, then the implied conclusion is that it's fine as is, which shouldn't be the answer.

And? The point remains, I didn't doom this game to failure, just pointing out very basic stuff that everyone agrees on.
And particularly because of that reason, people like me adding pressure and suggestions will come into play and manifest in the end result.

If nobody says anything now in this early access stage you mention, then the implied conclusion is that it's fine as is, which shouldn't be the answer.
offcource so youre also going in to construction sites and complain why there arent any toilets ready yet in the houses ?

Stop defending this game, its legit been 8 or more years they have had to input basic ****.

Stop defending this game, its legit been 8 or more years they have had to input basic ****.
Lol defending xD just making an statement of the truth...And 8 years is just an lie as well as they had made an own engine in the process...try that one out for a change...It took 5 years for an large company to do an solid game back in the day when games actually where an quality thing, so theres that to. Not my fault youve been spoon fed with small updates every year on quantity games that are as shallow as an gold digging model

It's really not complicated to add just simple behavior content, like -

Being able to send a separate army to conquer a town
Being able to station soldiers outside of some village with commands like ambushing or waiting etc.

Things like that. I find the current game even with many mods added just lackluster when it comes to very simple stuff.

I mean the heavy part of programming the battle itself, and the AI, they're already existent, so to add a simpler layer upon it is very simple and yet in that respect the game isn't too rich.

I find myself looking for modules to provide very simple functionality, it's like the developers are specifically relying on their userbase to do their work for them.

I love the game, but it's just dissappointing how even simple stuff doesn't exist.

Yeah you're right , a 'wait here' command for the world map would be amazing for the game (and is so simple that an 11 year old could do the coding). Of course TW get to decide their own priorities but these type of things are just simple quality of life features. It is surprising they haven't added something like that already. It's just common sense.

Isn't there were a earthquake in Turkey some years back? With large magnitetude? Well, sometimes people failure to predict that and maybe their office was affected by it? Besides, ppl complaining of a development of 8 years... Why don't you go complain to Bethesda, still planning a new game after 10 years or more? Give me a break, you can add pressure as much you want, unless you riot at their office door, nothing going change, they'll still do their development as much it takes to delier what they promised... I agree with the owner of the Post, @talior3 , but you need to understand as well, that they changed many times their plan due to feedbacks. @Dr-Shinobi has point as well, EA, it's EA, I never participated on games in progress before, but, I kknow there ppl working to do that. There's something call Credibility, and TW high managers knows that if they failure on this new brand game, their company will suffer. Pressure won't change anything, but good feedbacks, like some do in their threads may change something.

I bet devs mentioned they are working on stuff like that . May be we will see it even in the next patch. I think it was mentioned in update #5 , well words were vague , but I bet this was it.
I'm a bit disappointed we don't have content we had in warband , like feasts and other simple stuff. But I still believe we will get it in the end.

I'm a bit disappointed we don't have content we had in warband , like feasts and other simple stuff. But I still believe we will get it in the end.
Yeah same...first comes combat and world general mechanics and still are in work for tweaks and balancing. Then most prob the other stuff comes. I have suspicion they are also working on the Bandit story line so to speak since it was mentioned during the development that you could have your own companions/men taking over areas in town and operate them...hens the districts...However that project could be scrapped or in the works who knows....Pretty sure most things from warband are coming to this game to but we will have to see

Yeah same...first comes combat and world general mechanics and still are in work for tweaks and balancing. Then most prob the other stuff comes. I have suspicion they are also working on the Bandit story line so to speak since it was mentioned during the development that you could have your own companions/men taking over areas in town and operate them...hens the districts...However that project could be scrapped or in the works who knows....Pretty sure most things from warband are coming to this game to but we will have to see
After roguery perks were changed to current ones I gave up on gangs.
I don't see single roguery perk involved with gang leader system. I bet they abandoned this idea already ?

After roguery perks were changed to current ones I gave up on gangs.
I don't see single roguery perk involved with gang leader system. I bet they abandoned this idea already ?
yeah could be and a good point there as the mechanic could only be right now to clear out bandits. Still we have bandit missions so idk we have to see

Yeah you're right , a 'wait here' command for the world map would be amazing for the game (and is so simple that an 11 year old could do the coding). Of course TW get to decide their own priorities but these type of things are just simple quality of life features. It is surprising they haven't added something like that already. It's just common sense.
Some QoL improvements would go a long way to making this game more player friendly because atm there are times I feel like I'm fighting the game to play it.

Yeah, obviously a lot of features will never be added so mods will be the only way but I'm getting tired of having to use so many mods to make up for the lack of basic things.

Clan Party directives has already been mentioned in the updated plans for SP, so just hold on a little longer. It is coming. I'm not sure how robust it will be, but we'll find out.

Times like these i just love Bannerlord ^^ The thrill and what an comeback!!

Last edited:
Clan Party directives has already been mentioned in the updated plans for SP, so just hold on a little longer. It is coming. I'm not sure how robust it will be, but we'll find out.
Mexico talked about it but that was some months ago now and we still can't say "no raiding" or "Patrol fiefs" or "go away I got this".
I fear there is a deep difference of opinion among some devs over how much strategy and agency the player has.
IMO if 99% of player agency is just moving you party around and attacking/or not..... that's pretty sucky and waste of potential.
I forget the quote but Callum said something that made me fear this is the case, that TW thinks just having the same battles over and over is enough because it's "more of an action game" or such.

Mexico talked about it but that was some months ago now and we still can't say "no raiding" or "Patrol fiefs" or "go away I got this".
I fear there is a deep difference of opinion among some devs over how much strategy and agency the player has.
IMO if 99% of player agency is just moving you party around and attacking/or not..... that's pretty sucky and waste of potential.
I forget the quote but Callum said something that made me fear this is the case, that TW thinks just having the same battles over and over is enough because it's "more of an action game" or such.

The game will have to be modded into some semblance of a strategy game. I cannot play at all without this.

ah yeah that's scary, but it doesn't surprise me about Callum

Back
Top Bottom