I went back to Viking Conquest

Users who are viewing this thread

So I revisited Viking Conquest and... oh boi I realized just how many features we are missing in the EA of Bannerlord.

For starters, the Character creation is way more robust in VC than in BL, I hope they include more features to character creation and let you start the game at different locations, not at the Training grouds all the time.

The weapons maintenance is also something that I noticed is missing in BL as of now. The Diplomacy, ability to set up a camp and other things.

I also wonder if they will include some kind of boats so we can go from one side of the map to the other more easily. Afterall there is a huge body of water that isn't used at all at the moment.

Bannerlord although missing features because of EA is still a HUGE STEP UP from previous games... The graphics and combat in VC did not age well and the troop commands also seem very clunky after playing bannerlord.

What major features from previous games would you like implemented?

EDIT: I also hope we can get a Sandbox mode with all the other modes like Start as lord or start as king.

Viking Conquest at launch is probably one of the worst game releases I've ever seen personally, reforged was a huge step up and just seeing how well and functional the shield walls were (literally looked like something out of Vikings or The Last Kingdom) alone is enough to tempt me to give it another go.

Bannerlord in it's EA state is leaps and bounds better than Viking Conquest was at release.

If it's not clear, Taleworlds give me VC shield walls pls ty

Viking Conquest at launch is probably one of the worst game releases I've ever seen personally, reforged was a huge step up and just seeing how well and functional the shield walls were (literally looked like something out of Vikings or The Last Kingdom) alone is enough to tempt me to give it another go.

Bannerlord in it's EA state is leaps and bounds better than Viking Conquest was at release.

It was a 10$ dollar DLC.

Yea i did not play VC at the release, i just played Reforged when that came out

Some of the dudes in my shieldwall will randomly charge approaching bandits for a few meters and then awkwardly backpedal back into formation. Kinda ruins it for me tbh :*(

For starters, the Character creation is way more robust in VC than in BL
It's so front loaded in VC though, your choices really really matter, very opposite of warband. It's good in it's own way and you can make a very powerful character if you figure out all the choice effects, but then you're pretty much locked in as attributes are scarce.
I haven't made a new char in BL since they hot fixed something in creation so I don't know what they did, but I've had trouble getting the not-suck, starting stuff in some cultures, namely Vlandian. I'm looking forward to what they do with skills/perks and hope there's better starts in the future as so far only Khuziats can give me what I want.

Back
Top Bottom