"I was a king, now I'm a peasant!" also known as the "auxiliary player" feature

Users who are viewing this thread

I recently tested the auxiliary player feature in a manor battle, the bandits knocked me out but I didn't take control of any soldier from my party, and I couldn't even change the camera view or float across the battle scene. The camera just stood where my character's body was laying.

I have been playing the mod for the past few days and it is truly my favorite. The new aux player feature is great, however I have noticed a reoccurring bug.

Afterwards, after a large battle where I have died and took control of another player, it keeps telling me that the enemies have 1 player left (and I must choose to charge them 1000v1. When I enter the battle, that enemy shares my appearance (looks exactly like my character, armor and everything). This was as of build 79, so I am not sure if it has been fixed or not.

This was as of build 79, so I am not sure if it has been fixed or not.

In revision 81 that i'm playing, everything is fine.
But every pc is different so i don't guarantee anything.
Correction: I think i'm playing 84

I tested this feature a bit today (it was a siege if that matters), and after a few (3 or 4) drops, I get back to the spectator mode. Is that intended or a bug?

Intended. You ran out of suitable hosts for your demonsoul. When this happens there's no way to use the feature again in that battle.

edit: Just found a XP-bug. sometimes when soldiers are ready to upgrade (they gain a + behind the name), they mysteriously lose this + again. I guess this is connected to auxiliary feature, because this only happened when i died.

Tomas, were you answering me or skullsmasher about xp bug?

If not I'd like to hear something more believable than his demonsouls explanation. :mrgreen:

Btw, this happens with regular battles as well. The most changes I've had were 5, after that I'm a spectator. The feature is awesome, I wish it went on forevaaaaaaaaaaa.

Oh, and sea battles don't get this feature at all. At least in my test battle.

xp bug? You mean the demon soul experience eating feature! But yeah, I was talking about it.

If you don't get any troops,that means you don't have any troops from your party present on the battlefield when the possession takes place.

Oh. I thought I was able to control ally troops as well.
Facepalm.gif

Becouse the AI lord does not respawn as one of his soldiers. Besides even if he did, the ai gives new commands each seccond or so :razz:

Deal with it - or turn off the feature. The respawn of the player causes complications which not all can be solved easily.

Hi all, Since a bit months i don't played and I'm back to see "whats up", and i like this new feature, keep interesting the battles after u die!

Well after join to the Roman empire, i went into a battle versus the French, 2000 troops vs 2000 troops, and when i died i haven't any of my troops on the field so i go to "spectator" to watch the battle, all okay for now, but when "new reinforcement arrives" i had some troops on the field, and i keep being "spectator" with out can switch into a troop to play with it... 

but i thought, maybe i bug the feature because i started the battle with no troops on the field also when i died i had no troops on the field so maybe i had no troop to switch!... but wasn't that! i retreated to the battle after saw i couldn't switch into a soldier and i join again to the battle to see if it happen again!, and this time i had troops on the field and when i died, i didn't switch to any of them!

urugamer said:
Hi all, Since a bit months i don't played and I'm back to see "whats up", and i like this new feature, keep interesting the battles after u die!

Well after join to the Roman empire, i went into a battle versus the French, 2000 troops vs 2000 troops, and when i died i haven't any of my troops on the field so i go to "spectator" to watch the battle, all okay for now, but when "new reinforcement arrives" i had some troops on the field, and i keep being "spectator" with out can switch into a troop to play with it... 
It does not work that way. If you don't have any troops when you die, you won't "poses" any of them. even if reinforcements arrive.
urugamer said:
but i thought, maybe i bug the feature because i started the battle with no troops on the field also when i died i had no troops on the field so maybe i had no troop to switch!... but wasn't that! i retreated to the battle after saw i couldn't switch into a soldier and i join again to the battle to see if it happen again!, and this time i had troops on the field and when i died, i didn't switch to any of them!
Somethings wrong at your side. Be sure to check the mod options that the feature is turned on.

DrTomas said:
It does not work that way. If you don't have any troops when you die, you won't "poses" any of them. even if reinforcements arrive.
well i agree to don't take allies troop, but this feature is implemented to don't get bored and stuck 2 hrs being spectator when u die! and if u don't have troops for bad luck" (just in that wave of reinforcement there wasn't of ur troops or just were ur companions), so i have 2 suggestions:
1- is to implement to be able to switch to a troop of urs after a new wave of reinforcement, if u was spectator because u couldn't switch to no troop because u hadn't on the field
2- or if that is impossible for the codes and that things, i say to take first switch to ur troops when u dead but if u don't have more or there are no of urs troops, switch to the troop of an ally!

sometimes in the big battles i saw u lose more troops than ur allies more quick, so i can be killed in the middle of a battle with now troops on the field and be stuck 2 hrs, so my 1º suggest will fix that problem...
DrTomas said:
Somethings wrong at your side. Be sure to check the mod options that the feature is turned on.
Yes was my mistake, when i joined again and i say i had troops, was my companions! i didn't know was them, and i didn't know u cant use them!
I try it later with normal troops and the switch was a success...

Back
Top Bottom