I want to be a woman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spinfx said:
Hi Taleworlds,

Just passing on my wifes complaint that there is no female gender in the character setup  of F&B. 

Could you put this back in in any future M&B games.

Thanks.

Spinfx

Lets remember the topic starter's post...  The person kindly asked for future M&B games to have female gender in the character setup.

Feminists came and started their bit.c.hy whining about everything. Only wishing to find someone to argue and hoping for a chance to find source to feed their ill minds.

Someone might have given a ''kind'' request with the fact that some women did command troops in that time and there should be a female character creation option. Although its true they didnt take major roles in history, we also create our character with the name we want and create his history as we desire. When we look from that perceptive, it does look like there should be female character creation option.

BUT!! The fanatic feminist women who didnt even want female character option anyways, started to whine here insulting, degrading people, typing everything to fire arguements but not giving any strong point why there should be female character option, simply overshadowed everything with their presence.

I for one think that their trolling shouldnt cause this topic to lose it's strong points. I think there should be a female character option, otherwise those feminist trolls ''maybe even literally'' would take what they want (given value to their pointless whining with opposition).

Hopefully they will bring the female character creation to fire and sword soon because it would shut those femi-humans up who are giving a wrong impression about the opinions of women who play this game, with their senseless insults in every chance and with their bit.c.hy endless whining.

Hey... all that people have asked for was fairness, guy.  Not radical feminist stuff.

Practically everybody has said, "yes, we'd be fine if female players were penalized like they were in Warband", for example. 

The idea that the men and women who've complained are just whiners with some radical "agenda" is totally untrue. 

All we wanted was what was done in Warband, which wasn't a completely 'egalitarian' experience by any means, but at least made it possible.  Fixes past that point are something modders could (and did, with both previous games) do.

Gr0vZ said:
[wall of text snip]

To repeat what you just said.

'I find it interesting how some people can talk, talk, talk and when they stop, you realise that they said nothing that made sense, or brought anything up to the whole context of the issue.'

'I would advise some practice on reading with understanding.'

I've quoted multiple women by name that have served in militaries and fought alongside and against men. In one of my last few posts I named two.

Most people in the military being a 'sacred fact' is just downright bull. Am I saying it wasn't mostly men? No. What I am saying is that the fact that it was largely men is inconsequential to the point that there were both warrior women and leaders that were notable to the time, otherwise they wouldn't be known of now.

Alter it within the realistic concept, yes. And as I noted even if you played a female commander you'd be still playing a statistically less accurate game since there were multiple female leaders at the time (that we've all ready mentioned) and you're only one ad a PC. You would if anything make the game more accurate on that front by being female under that context.

My jab at you about your hand was mostly a way to address the fact that you apparently have no clue how many women, let alone 'warrior women', from the 17th century are known about. I can think of seven off the top of my head, and Xeno linked a site quite some time back that listed twenty more. So your comment physically doesn't make sense unless you had a freakishly large number of digits. Metaphorically, your comment doesn't make sense because it's as noted multiple times inconsequential.

Lavalya said:
I think you're completely missing the point of the game. It has importent countless historical elements while still keeping the player's freedom of action(Cant stress the ACTION enough), with one being the oppression of women. If anything, this is counter sexist. If they did keep women in the game, the game would be so sexist to them it would be completely unplayable.

Ad I think you need to read my other comments that actually address the subject and not another person in order to actually know what my opinion on the matter is as well as gleaning some subject material and historical understanding of the matter.

Like the fact that that we have people who were female and lead troops, served as troops, and fought men rather successfully for a decent amount of time (like Dona Catalina de Erauso, a mercenary not unlike your own role in the game).

I don't mind if life would be harder under a real implementation of women in the game. The fact that I could play them under a historically accurate context and do the same things they achieved in history would make me happy. There's multiple accounts of women dueling men and taking their pound of flesh over the repression men threw at the time (like Mlle La Maupin).

And Wolf...I thought I all ready explained exactly what Xeno just had to say to you.

We're all ready playing an extraordinary character for not being a recognized noble and somehow kings not lynching us for the things we do.

Hell I said that I was happy enough after Xeno and a few others modded women back into the game(mostly). This thread is the result of people trolling against those that wanted playable women ad the ensuing pages of text by us was correcting them.

Dunedin said:
Metaphorically, your comment doesn't make sense because it's as noted multiple times inconsequential.

You really do believe that it is so just because you say it, right? Too bad for your own little world.

No, I believe your comment that any woman that participated didn't matter is negated by the fact that some one saw fit to record at least a portion of them down in history.

If your comment was true there shouldn't be any like you seem to think.

Thankfully not everyone's opinion has much to do with reality.

EDIT: In other words. I believe one's opinion on history is negated by actual history.

Dunedin said:
No, I believe your comment that any woman that participated didn't matter is negated by the fact that some one saw fit to record at least a portion of them down in history.

If your comment was true there shouldn't be any like you seem to think.

Thankfully not everyone's opinion has much to do with reality.

EDIT: In other words. I believe one's opinion on history is negated by actual history.

But I can't understand how can you speak of "women participating in wars" like if it was the mainstream way of the military back then? If a woman was in the military, it was a pure deviation. You make it sound like every gal that combed her hair every night before sleep was a hardened war veteran, or that every third person the in the frontlines had to fix their bra before preparing their musket for a shot. Pleeease...

How does anything I say imply that I mean it's normal?

I do believe one of my points for a while now has been that we're playing to a statistical value here and that we're talking about on person as compared to many, even in the game.

How does me saying 'I want to be one of those few.' translate to 'I want to be one of those many.' in your mind?

Before making backhanded comments like that please read what is written.

One should be limited to playing an androgynous character whose gender is never revealed or even spoken of.

Then we would be spared future threads like this one. 

Dunedin said:
How does anything I say imply that I mean it's normal?

I do believe one of my points for a while now has been that we're playing to a statistical value here and that we're talking about on person as compared to many, even in the game.

How does me saying 'I want to be one of those few.' translate to 'I want to be one of those many.' in your mind?

Before making backhanded comments like that please read what is written.

Okay... look, I know that head of yours is quite stubborn, but you don't have to start negating yourself to prove your point. Stick to what you say, it won't hurt.
Believe it or not, even if what you write gives the effect of counting from zero to zero, I do put a lot of effort in understanding what is your actual problem. Maybe it's not even worth coming up with all that effort, but if you managed to make one solid point on all those wonderfully written stuff of yours, with all the handpicked intelligent vocabulary, we could drop the "tit for tat" kind of conversation and actually come to some conclusion.
You are a mystery to me. Yet, I get the feeling you belong to the mysteries I never cared to solve in the first place. And I'd let it remain so.

Gr0vZ said:
Okay... look, I know that head of yours is quite stubborn, but you don't have to start negating yourself to prove your point. Stick to what you say, it won't hurt.
Believe it or not, even if what you write gives the effect of counting from zero to zero, I do put a lot of effort in understanding what is your actual problem. Maybe it's not even worth coming up with all that effort, but if you managed to make one solid point on all those wonderfully written stuff of yours, with all the handpicked intelligent vocabulary, we could drop the "tit for tat" kind of conversation and actually come to some conclusion.
You are a mystery to me. Yet, I get the feeling you belong to the mysteries I never cared to solve in the first place. And I'd let it remain so.

Ok let me help you here.

I said 'I don't mind if life would be harder under a real implementation of women in the game.'

I also said that we're looking to play one female in a game that would still otherwise be populated with males. One character out of them all.

I have even been the one to say multiple times that we're not looking to place women on equal terms, merely that the presence of women is sufficient to prove the possibility was not only there, but can be seen ad not breaking any historical accuracy.

Never once did I say that there were just as many women or that there needed to be. That's a comment born out your own mind from god knows where.

I have stuck to what I said, I can quote every part that says exactly what I have had to repeat to you twice now. Not my fault you can't read.

Dunedin said:
I have stuck to what I said, I can quote every part that says exactly what I have had to repeat to you twice now.

Does that cause you a discomfort? I thought you liked talking big. Too bad that ends up null and void still.

Dunedin said:
Not my fault  you can't read compehend my abstract mannerism.

Forgive me, I felt like fixing it.

Gr0vZ said:
Dunedin said:
I have stuck to what I said, I can quote every part that says exactly what I have had to repeat to you twice now.

Does that cause you a discomfort? I thought you liked talking big. Too bad that ends up null and void still.

Dunedin said:
Not my fault  you can't read.

Forgive me, I felt like not reading it.

I said very clearly what I meant. The onus is entirely on you if you have yet to comprehend something I've repeated to you multiple times in multiple ways.

And yes, it does 'discomfort' me that you have to outright lie to try and prove your invalid point(especially since the only thing you offered to invalidate my point was personal conjecture while mine was historical fact). I'm sad that my point is lost on you because the brain attempting to process it can't handle it.

It doesn't affect me much either way because I always play as men, but I know there is at least one female NPC you can recruit into your party.  Doesn't this already conflict with the idea that women didn't have a place on the battlefield in this "historical" game?  I use the word historical loosely because, yeah sure maybe it's not a fantasy world but it's far from being realistic or historically pure by any measure.

I personally think they didn't put women in just because it saved them some time and resources on adding and/or changing content for female characters.  :smile:

No, they didn't, can it off, shut it up, and for ****s sake, it's just a damn game, stop being such biggoted assholes one second of your lifes and you might even see that you are speaking complete bull****.

I do think there should be women in the game, but that is such a minor feature that I couldn't be bothered with.

We've already covered this a half-dozen times, but here ya go again:

1.  Not only are there female companions, but there was, in actual history, a Cossack woman who led troops during this period, and if "history" is the sole guide, then playing a black man shouldn't be an option, either; this period was during the heyday of the slave trade with the Americas, and an African male in Eastern Europe would have been treated even worse than a woman, most likely.

Basically, the "it's history" people don't know their history very well.

2.  We've already made basic female variants of the armors.  It took maybe 2 hours of work altogether, and would maybe take 3 to get them completely polished, if somebody wanted to fix the minor flaws (some of the straps clip a little during walk cycles, it's not exactly the end of the world).

From a code standpoint, fixing the problem shouldn't take anybody competent more than a couple of hours, to do a basic fix.  It's mainly just adding some switches to existing conversations.

In short, neither history nor "it's too much work" were actually excuses to begin with.  But we still get posters in this thread who can't be arsed to read the earlier bits where we debunked both arguments in great detail :smile:

No, they didn't, can it off, shut it up, and for ****s sake, it's just a damn game, stop being such biggoted assholes one second of your lifes and you might even see that you are speaking complete bull****.
There are, indeed, female Companions, and you can even play as a woman in MP.

Dunedin said:
Gr0vZ said:
Dunedin said:

Dunedin said:
Not my fault  you can't read.

Forgive me, I felt like not reading it.

I said very clearly what I meant. The onus is entirely on you if you have yet to comprehend something I've repeated to you multiple times in multiple ways.

And yes, it does 'discomfort' me that you have to outright lie to try and prove your invalid point(especially since the only thing you offered to invalidate my point was personal conjecture while mine was historical fact). I'm sad that my point is lost on you because the brain attempting to process it can't handle it.

I love when you talk dirty.

Not only is there a female companion, but there is also a female claimant for Sweden that can join your party and fights in battle. (this is also a-historical because Queen Christina of Sweden willingly abdicated in history) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christina,_Queen_of_Sweden

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom