I want my money back. Seriously.

Users who are viewing this thread

Who do I talk to about getting my money back? This game is fun – up until the moment your save is corrupted and you lose hours of progress. I've started over multiple times, I tried the workaround and only saved manually. It still crashed. And this isn't news to TaleWorlds, there's multiple threads and even articles detailing the corrupt save issue. But please, Bannerlord has been in early access for two years, it's to be expected that on full release such major issues have been worked out. Instead, I paid full price for an early access game (because let's face it: that's what it still is! missing audio, broken economics when ransoming named prisoners, getting stuck in walls, CORRUPTED SAVES) and it won't let me progress beyond the point where I might be ready to start my own kingdom. I did not pay around 60 USD (bought in my (expensive) country) to get scammed or to act as this company's guinea pig. Shame on you for your obviously unfinished game, TaleWorlds. Give me my money back!

Last edited:
So you´re playing the console version? Sorry dude, our paid alpha QA we delivered for TW was only for the PC version, which went into beta with the full release. Console version is still in testing, you gotta find those bugs/issues for TW and hope that TW will also actually fix them.

That´s how it works, sadly. Also TW won´t and even can´t give you your money back, you can try to return it to Gamestop but I believe they´ll say "**** off", so you last hope is praying for TW to fix those bugs and issues. Sadly you can´t even use mods on consoles to fix bugs...

But have you already checked out the digital companion DLC?

Tbh I don't expect to get my money back. I know that it's highly unlikely that'll happen. But I want TW to know that I'd rather have my money back than continue playing their broken game. I want them to know how much their game sucks. Don't know about the Digital Companion DLC, I assume it's something I'd have to pay TW even more money for?

I want them to know how much their game sucks. Don't know about the Digital Companion DLC, I assume it's something I'd have to pay TW even more money for?
But TW don´t care.

It´s their first DLC (7,99€ - free if you bought the game while in EA). It´s just some lore stuff, audio stuff and artworks. So it´s kind of useless because ingame the world is still dead and the lore doesn´t do **** ingame.

But you can cleary see TWs priorities, make money and the rest doesn´t matter. I´m very hyped for their next DLC, maybe we get 3 additional colours for the banner editor? Who knows, TW might go crazy now after this game is final.

Temp work around for myself that works has been to make 2 manual "save as" files every once in awhile. 1 wont get overwritten the next time you quicksave so it dont get corrupted. Over time just delete old ones to not clutter everything. Or when you log out. Make a new manual save or 2. Then delete the current autosaves. The next time the game autosaves they will be new fresh saves. So should be safe. Least till they fix things.
So I have tested this all day yesterday and I am happy to report some success!

The steps I took incase anyone is interested;

Went to ps4 storage and removed the corrupted save files, leaving ikly my most recent save file (not needed if starting a new game)

Switched off auto save in options, and as you advised have only been using save as, and deleting any old saves I create.

Have been able to play pretty normally, I've had a couple of crashes which helped me learn to save as all the time - which still isn't great.

Once again thanks for the help!

I appreciate the advice, but I'm not going to keep starting new campaigns, grinding away and falling in love with playing my character, only for the file to get corrupted anyways. It's up to TW to fix their own game, not to us players to work as game testers to figure out how we might keep playing.

btw TW, on the (very slim) off-chance that you're reading this, I'm currently writing a horrible review for your game on steam to stop others from wasting their money.

By now most people here on the forum agree that the development of this game has been a horror story.

The only thing we can do is not buy another game made by TW.

No-one of significance at TW will read this thread ... but an honest review on steam does have some merit.

DrakenSilverwing said:
Temp work around for myself that works has been to make 2 manual "save as" files every once in awhile. 1 wont get overwritten the next time you quicksave so it dont get corrupted. Over time just delete old ones to not clutter everything. Or when you log out. Make a new manual save or 2. Then delete the current autosaves. The next time the game autosaves they will be new fresh saves. So should be safe. Least till they fix things.

MLNKV said:
So I have tested this all day yesterday and I am happy to report some success!

The steps I took incase anyone is interested;

Went to ps4 storage and removed the corrupted save files, leaving ikly my most recent save file (not needed if starting a new game)

Switched off auto save in options, and as you advised have only been using save as, and deleting any old saves I create.

Have been able to play pretty normally, I've had a couple of crashes which helped me learn to save as all the time - which still isn't great.

Once again thanks for the help!
...Thanks NPC99 for posting this...(y)

btw TW, on the (very slim) off-chance that you're reading this, I'm currently writing a horrible review for your game on steam to stop others from wasting their money.
You're writing a steam review? I thought you were talking about the console version.

I have not had a single corrupted save. I understand the frustration, but it HAS to be noted that one of the biggest issues with PC gaming is the amount of problems that can be caused by individual components that can't possibly be accounted for immediately. It boggles my mind the experience some will say they are having with a game that I've never seen.

That's not to say I haven't been "served" the honor of the guy who gets the graphical or what not no one else seems to be experiencing that never goes away after years of trying

You're writing a steam review? I thought you were talking about the console version.

I have not had a single corrupted save. I understand the frustration, but it HAS to be noted that one of the biggest issues with PC gaming is the amount of problems that can be caused by individual components that can't possibly be accounted for immediately. It boggles my mind the experience some will say they are having with a game that I've never seen.

That's not to say I haven't been "served" the honor of the guy who gets the graphical or what not no one else seems to be experiencing that never goes away after years of trying
...I didn't realise that I had to buy the game on Steam to review it when writing my comment, but yes my game's on console (and yes, I feel stupid for not having realised that sooner).

I'm happy for you that you've had no bad experiences with the game so far, but what exactly are you contributing to this thread though? Or are you just going 'sucks for you, lol'?

This game is everything but finished. Like, there is a problem with aiming (zoomed aim that has no sensitivity setting and jumps too many pixels at once, except when you lower your sensitivity to minimum which is useless for normal play) since 1.8.0 that hasn't been fixed yet. That's 5 patches in between. Utterly critical and basic part of any archer playthrough, ability to shoot accurately and they've been dropping massive deuce on this known problem for almost 3 months. If I'd known what kind of cluster**** this game would be, I'd never, ever buy it. Best we can do is write negative reviews and hope there's enough people doing the same to warn others.

...I didn't realise that I had to buy the game on Steam to review it when writing my comment, but yes my game's on console (and yes, I feel stupid for not having realised that sooner).

I'm happy for you that you've had no bad experiences with the game so far, but what exactly are you contributing to this thread though? Or are you just going 'sucks for you, lol'?
I was noting for the PC players, which you made it appear like you were one but are not, that your "issues" are often not universal. Console is different. But the good news is consoles issues have a higher rate of getting fixed since they are only fixing those bugs against one set of specs, versus the infinite amount of variations of PC.

This game is everything but finished. Like, there is a problem with aiming (zoomed aim that has no sensitivity setting and jumps too many pixels at once, except when you lower your sensitivity to minimum which is useless for normal play) since 1.8.0 that hasn't been fixed yet. That's 5 patches in between. Utterly critical and basic part of any archer playthrough, ability to shoot accurately and they've been dropping massive deuce on this known problem for almost 3 months. If I'd known what kind of cluster**** this game would be, I'd never, ever buy it. Best we can do is write negative reviews and hope there's enough people doing the same to warn others.
You’re so dramatic that my violent frying pan wielding Ukrainian wife almost seems like a teletubby in comparison. Writing negative reviews because of one issue with a great game? I really hope you don’t find another bug, then i imagine you would travel to Turkey, pour petrol over yourself and lit yourself on fire outside of Taleworlds HQ…

Back
Top Bottom