I want an explaination by the developers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm actually having fun with the game despite the bugs and all, just popped in to see what the reaction and wow.
Knowing the team things will only get better, and it's their first time releasing something commercially, you have to make mistakes to learn.

Keep up the good work!

KidKoala said:
The reactions of a lot people in this sub-forum have been really disappointing, it's sad when people post some of the bile i've seen on here the past few hours.. Play the game, report the bugs or don't play the game. Getting mad and spreading keyboard diarrhea everywhere makes me question the state of the community more than this DLC.
Their reactions are pretty justified imho. The quality of Viking Conquest right now is pretty horrible even if it was just a free mod. I'm sure they don't doubt the devs will do their best to fix the issues people are just trying to stress how frustrating the current state of the game is and there's honestly nothing wrong with that.

What does matter is that it implies TaleWorlds now valves money over player experience.
Non-sequitur. A string of mistakes can be simply a string a mistakes. Likewise, do remember that M&B had early access and Warband had a closed beta followed by a free beta. The games for which Taleworlds had sole control were very play-test oriented. Likewise, since Bannerlord is essentially a new engine, some sort of large-scale beta testing should be expected.

I just want to say that I think that TaleWorlds is all in all a great computer game company. No ****ty DRM, incredible mod support and a great game design. They let their customers become part of the design process and allowed an early acces far away from something like steam. And all that from an indpendent company without the big money behind it.

The Brytenwalda team released the best mod ever for M&B Warband with already incredible additional features and great historical accuracy. Alone for that they deserve the money I paid for VC. VC is not working very well for me, but I gave up quickly due to a lack of time. But what I have seen so far, looks brilliant (graphic qwise and gameplay wise) and I have expected nothing less. I am pretty sure, that the problems have arisen due to an unlucky combination of various factors including an additional update of the warband.exe to 1.162 (whereas development of the code most certainly was made on 1.161). Just thzink about the new features for modders which will come with the new module system!

I am just happy that such a company like TaleWorlds exists and such a great modding team like Brytenwalda got a chance at getting paid for what surely will be the best DLC for Warband. You guys will have my full support regardless of this unlucky release. I believe in you and will preorder Bannerlord for sure. And as long as you will not go down the route of Ubisoft, EA, Blizzard or other big companies, I am pretty sure that you will have me as a loyal customer until I am to old to move a mouse.  :wink:

And by the way: Adorno and Armagan have taken responsibility in an absolutely impeccable manner.

PrideofNi said:
JuJu70 said:
After all, we just spent £8 on the game.

Oh, the entitlement generation  :roll:. I bet it's a price of a movie ticket these days, or maybe a pint of beer in a pub?.

How is entitlement == to something you buy? That makes no sense. A movie ticket where I live can be £3, and if it was in the state that this game is in, it wouldn't have even made it into the cinema. I hope if it was Taleworlds that forced this game to go live, that they has a serious rethink of their policy. It would be truly disappointing if Bannerlord comes out in a state like this.

Also I'm not 12, so take your pathetic attempt to generalise and insult people elsewhere.

LOL but you act like one  :razz: An your choice of words kinda proves it. Anyways, mature people don't really go throwing tantrums on an $10 game.
But hey like I said you can feel like everyone owes it to you to fix everything overnight or even yesterday, but let me clue you in - it won't happen. The bugs will be fixed with time, and posting more raging posts won't really speed it up. At the end of the day, it's really your expectations are your problem.

The SP part is fine with some definite improvements possible, dunno about MP I don't care about it.

DarthTaco said:
Am I the only one that finds a slight lack in variety of the items? It seems like the same swords, spears, and Axes appear a lot in MP for different factions.
Yeah, troops and and weapons are a bit bland

I honestly really enjoyed playing this DLC until it started to crash a lot. Now I'm stuck in a dialogue screen. This doesn't bother me that much though because I know the devs will patch these bugs. The thing that really disappoints me is the lack of diversity in the weapons and armours. I've yet to see a two-handed weapon and most of the armour looks the same. I'm really hoping the devs will add more content to the DLC. Brytenwalda had a ton of weapons and armour so I was expecting the same with VC. I was really excited for the release of this DLC but I guess I have to wait a little longer before I can actually play it.

Pharaoh X Llandy said:
maramot said:
I'm positive I won't be preordering M&BII after this fiasco. :/
Viking Conquest wasn't made by TW, it was developed by an external team.
1. I know.
Pharaoh X Llandy said:
Whether you do or do not pre-order Bannerlord is your business
2. It certainly is, as is anyone else's business whether or not they preorder it for themselves.

Pharaoh X Llandy said:
but M&B2 is being developed by a much larger, established company who've already gone through 10 years of game creation and design from the ground up.
3. Well, good for them. I hold TW responsible for this release, as it was advertised and announced on their site, and the release date has been approved by them. At the very least, they didn't prevent this release.

4. I don't think you need to act as an advocate for TW. People can make their own conclusions regardless of what you or I will say.

TheGG said:
JuJu70 said:
At the end of the day, it's really your expectations are your problem.

You did not just say that.  :roll:  :roll: :roll: :roll:

Hah. My expectations were based on what I read in the features list for Viking Conquest, and on what I've seen playing Brytenwalda. Should I have lowered my expectations before buying the DLC, or maybe consulted a special "Guide to expectations lowering" posted somewhere?

MadocComadrin said:
Non-sequitur. A string of mistakes can be simply a string a mistakes.

I agree that it's possible for this to simply be an oversight, but for the same problem to happen several times in a row is rather concerning. I would've thought that TaleWorlds would have been extra careful after all the criticism they received for allowing Fire & Sword to release in the state that it was.

MadocComadrin said:
Likewise, do remember that M&B had early access and Warband had a closed beta followed by a free beta. The games for which Taleworlds had sole control were very play-test oriented. Likewise, since Bannerlord is essentially a new engine, some sort of large-scale beta testing should be expected.

Taleworlds took a good direction in ensuring that original M&B and Warband were released in an acceptable states, and I do hope that they approach the QA of Bannerlord in a similar way. I'm not saying that Bannerlord will be a horrible mess on release, just that people should be extremely careful in pre-ordering Bannerlord. Even though these commercial mods were developed by third parties, I'm sure TaleWorlds had a clause in their contracts that gave them control over the release date. Considering their reputation are intertwined with these mods, they could've taken the time to ensure that Viking Conquest wasn't released in the broken state that it is currently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom