I want an explaination by the developers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
maramot said:
I'm positive I won't be preordering M&BII after this fiasco. :/

Again, Viking Conquest wasn't made by TW, it was developed by an external team. Whether you do or do not pre-order Bannerlord is your business but M&B2 is being developed by a much larger, established company who've already gone through 10 years of game creation and design from the ground up.

Taleworlds are still the ones responsible for this mess.

They where the ones to decide how & when the dlc was supposed to be released.

Therefore it's their responsibility to make sure it's a quality product ready to be released for public use.

xecollons said:
onarum said:
Oh wow, it's really heartbreaking to see all the problems people are having, I had high hopes for this, but I kinda feared something like this might happen since the devs don't have real experience with commercial game development.

I myself am one of the lucky that are not having that many issues, I had one CTD in like 2 or 3 hours but that was it, haven't tried MP though, it's not my thing.

I hope the issues get fixed soon for everyone, also try and go a little easy on them guys, I know it must be frustrating but give them the benefit of the doubt and some time to try and fix all this, I'm sure they are at it right now.

I may say that the main problem here(apart of the state of the game) is the lack of communication. I think that the forum would be less "chaotic" if we could hear anything from the devs. Like an open letter saying "we are working very hard on the bugs", or something like that.

On the other hand, I agree that we don't have to be negative, constructive criticism and all of that. But one thing is to release a game that has some bugs, and another thing is releasing another game that crashes to desktop every 20-30 minutes. And I'm lucky since I don't have any visual or performance bugs.

Your point is sound. Its good. But you are forgetting a basic fact: majority of players dont visit the foruns of a game. If you have 200 people in this forum (early I saw 400 ish), its just a small %%% of actual consumers.

Many of those here are complaining in such a form that no text from devs would help. Anyone that tries to be reasonable will just be flammed to death.

Lets wait a few days for the first patch. I would be surprise if they dont release one until next Friday (19th Dec). And a big one in January (around 15th ish).

Game is playable right now. Maybe not for everyone. But unless the game only sold 500 copies, I would guess most are busy playing right now. Avoid any major issue for now (for 1 week). Is it fair? Not really. But we can live with that.

You have a issue? Make a bug report. With proper information. That way devs will have a bigger chance to help you. Or complain is the end of the world and you can keep waiting for a miracle (someone that will actualy have your issue and be helpful and report it).

As anytning in life, it is a choice. Peace.

Heskeytime said:
JuJu70 said:
Oh, the entitlement generation  :roll:. I bet it's a price of a movie ticket these days, or maybe a pint of beer in a pub?.

You mean the generation that remembers the times when you bought a game on CD and it *worked*. No early access nonsense, no endless patching to bring it up to a playable standard.

To use your retarded analogy, is it entitled to complain if you buy a pint of beer and they serve you an empty glass?

Dont worry, the other people in the pub will convince you to stop complaining about it though:
''Hang onto it, they might pour some beer into it later! It might not be the beer you expected, and it probably wont fill the glass, and it might take some time... but otherwise you'll get what you paid for''

The movie theater is not a good analogy to use, unless the patron had to bring his/her own projector to watch the movie.  Part of the performance of any software depends on the user's own computer and how the user has configured it.  Designers cannot possibly take into account all of those exogenous variables when creating their product.  Having said that, there are some annoying glitches that people have reported, such as missing textures, that should be apparent to the designers.  What is not very useful to the designers, who I trust are working to fix the bugs, is a bunch of peevish and childish comments impugning the character of the development team.  If you want the game to get fixed, give them useful feedback so they can get on with it.  It's okay to complain, but do it in a way that will get their attention in the right way, rather than giving them a reason to dismiss what you're saying because of how you're saying it.

maramot said:
I'm positive I won't be preordering M&BII after this fiasco. :/

Haha your an idiot if you think that a mod teams DLC is going to be anything like the base engine for an entirely new game made by an actual company.

Its not unplayable for me like most people. I wonder if its a problem with certain graphics cards or something.
I only crashed once in two hours of gameplay and it was in a certain instance.
The maps laggy, some horses don't have textures.
And the overhead spear Stab, the spear goes invisible for a moment during the animation.
The problems I'm experiencing don't seem too hard to fix.

Redleg said:
If you want the game to get fixed, give them useful feedback so they can get on with it.  It's okay to complain, but do it in a way that will get their attention in the right way, rather than giving them a reason to dismiss what you're saying because of how you're saying it.

Absolutely this.

You have to trust that people have the best intentions. Point out problems, sure. But once you start questioning people's integrity you're being completely unfair. Things go wrong despite people's best efforts. Anyone who's ever had a job where they've been accountable to anyone knows this. For those who don't, one day the boot WILL be on the other foot and it might finally hit home.

MadocComadrin said:
MaxiWilliam said:
Its sad to see the Dev to a find bad work .... The Mods its mutch better and the dev say its final product ? Hmm Wait but that state its a damn Beta .... Miss so many stuff i hope somone gonna lost the job in TW tonight ...Because realease something like this and just laught in face of people pay for this game its inaxeptable ...  I hope you gonna fix this soon .... People take a mods to do better but now you just **** up this mods ....
You want someone only tangentially involved to have their livelihood put at risk because the game you bought had a few bugs? Go fall in a ditch.
What this guy said .

Painter said:
I doubt the game will actually reach some playable or enjoyable state in the near future.
See i agreed with you up until this part.
It will be fixed.

I've seen worse game in a worse state become good after updates.
So i do have faith.

I've got the common errors everyone has reported (some map lag, 1 enemy stays in spawn and the missing meek pony textures).

Otherwise game is running fine, although I feel for those of you having issues.

Furrnox said:
Taleworlds are still the ones responsible for this mess.

They where the ones to decide how & when the dlc was supposed to be released.

Therefore it's their responsibility to make sure it's a quality product ready to be released for public use.

The developers already stated that in their own testing a lot of the bugs we're seeing are new to them. Take a chill pill, go outside, get some oxygen.

This was our first release as an independent developer and apparently we still have a long way to go and much to learn. I want to apologize to our players and especially the Brytenwalda team for this problematic release. It was our duty as Taleworlds and of course my duty as the manager to make this release as smooth and satisfactory as possible. Unfortunately we failed in this. However, I want everyone to rest assured that we will work very hard in the coming days together with the Byrtenwalda team to fix all the problems and make sure that players will get a great gaming experience and fully enjoy Viking Conquest's innovative features and excellent storyline. 

Leifr Eiríksson said:
MadocComadrin said:
What are you paying Lust for...

Promoting e-sports and eating Turkish delight, I imagine.

[me=Pharaoh X Llandy]snickers[/me]

In less official news I've installed but not yet played VC myself (it starts up, at least, though it takes ages to load textures) but I'm looking forward to whatever fixes are forthcoming.

Pharaoh X Llandy said:
Whether you do or do not pre-order Bannerlord is your business but M&B2 is being developed by a much larger, established company who've already gone through 10 years of game creation and design from the ground up.

I actually agree with him. The though of pre-ordering Bannerlord when TaleWorlds has repeatedly shown that they're not interested in undertaking proper QA control on their products is pretty mind boggling. The fact that this trail of broken commercial DLC (Fire & Sword, NW to a much smaller extent and now this) were developed by third parties doesn't matter... What does matter is that it implies TaleWorlds now valves money over player experience. If TaleWorlds still had integrity they would've checked the release candidate of these DLC mods (or whatever you're willing to call them) and stopped them from being released until they were at a state in which they ready for the public to play. The fact that they're not willing to do that should be extremely worrying as to what state Bannerlord will be in on release.

Armagan said:
This was our first release as an independent developer and apparently we still have a long way to go and much to learn. I want to apologize to our players and especially the Brytenwalda team for this problematic release. It was our duty as Taleworlds and of course my duty as the manager to make this release as smooth and satisfactory as possible.

Alright, you acknowledged that the title is extremely bad in its current state. I'm not personally interested in bothering over a $12 refund, but would you be willing to provide refunds for those individuals that actually ask? We already know that digital distribution vendors such as steam will provide refunds if the developers give permission, and I've already been told that GOG has refunded at least one person due to the release state of this DLC. I think that your "new" studio has already been hit pretty badly in terms of reputation over this fiasco, so I'd imagine that you would be able to recover some of that reputation by displaying that you're willing to put your (or should I say our?) money where your mouth is.

The reactions of a lot people in this sub-forum have been really disappointing, it's sad when people post some of the bile i've seen on here the past few hours.. Play the game, report the bugs or don't play the game. Getting mad and spreading keyboard diarrhea everywhere makes me question the state of the community more than this DLC.

Second game I pre-ordered in 2014 before launch (the first was Watch_Dogs lol)
Not pre-ordering again.

KidKoala said:
The reactions of a lot people in this sub-forum have been really disappointing, it's sad when people post some of the bile i've seen on here the past few hours.. Play the game, report the bugs or don't play the game. Getting mad and spreading keyboard diarrhea everywhere makes me question the state of the community more than this DLC.

I don't know what to tell you. How long have you been on the internet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom