I uninstalled Bannerlord today.

Users who are viewing this thread

I uninstalled a couple weeks ago because I kept having graphics errors in MP that verify/deleteshaders/ect didn't fix, and I couldn't think of a reason to reinstall. Instead I opted to play a game that:
  • in no exaggeration, is a quintillion times more complex more than Bannerlord, and better balanced
  • receives daily patches while in EA stages
  • receives weekly patches in normal stages
  • re-invents game classes and roles every couple of months with a compelling new gimmick(s) to define gameplay
All of which TW has not done, despite having a 5-6 year headstart. It's clear that TW has no intention of creating a compelling game and retaining a playerbase. But in leu of another rant, I'm just going to send a picture of an iterative development loop:

CN0F1vW.png
'

Compared to how this feels to the current playerbase:

eU0vntB.png

I will probably reinstall for the new Captain map + reworked map, because I love running around maps exploring them. It's most of what I did in SP.

Instead I opted to play a game that:
  • in no exaggeration, is a quintillion times more complex more than Bannerlord, and better balanced
  • re-invents game classes and roles every couple of months with a compelling new gimmick(s) to define gameplay

What game? Kinda curious. Also, I loved the graphics, pretty accurate ngl.

CN0F1vW.png
'

eU0vntB.png

This is one of the best representations I've seen so far regarding the feedback-matter. Personally, in regards to MP, I hop into the game like one or two times every month, but am getting turned down by the actual experience every time.
A serious decline in playerbase-size is obvious. It seems to me that many reasonable players have abandoned MP already, leaving us with many tryhards, toxic people, and just some nice people who I do actually enjoy playing with personally. Which, in turn, turns down my motivation even more. I'll continue giving the game a chance every now and then, but we're speaking of months here rather than weeks or days.

I uninstalled a couple weeks ago because I kept having graphics errors in MP that verify/deleteshaders/ect didn't fix, and I couldn't think of a reason to reinstall. Instead I opted to play a game that:
All of which TW has not done, despite having a 5-6 year headstart. It's clear that TW has no intention of creating a compelling game and retaining a playerbase. But in leu of another rant, I'm just going to send a picture of an iterative development loop:

CN0F1vW.png
'

eU0vntB.png

I will probably reinstall for the new Captain map + reworked map, because I love running around maps exploring them. It's most of what I did in SP.
PyU9Eag_d.webp

Are we even speaking to somebody

Alternative version
VHJQAT8_d.webp

Last edited:
What game? Kinda curious. Also, I loved the graphics, pretty accurate ngl.

Teamfight Tactics, it's an autochess so most people probably will find it boring. The comparison isn't 1:1 for TW since the devs have most assets and (the majority of) the engine from League, while TW build their own assets and engine. But as a consumer, I can still list the differences.

BL -- huh, I still think Boy's Love whenever I type BL, a women's romance genre in Japan, make of that what you will, but let's get back to ranting -- MP has low content, few patches, and broken elements at most levels of the game. TW has botched the game so hard that their core playerbase is hemorrhaging and unbelievably isn't actively trying to stop it. I still can't get my head around that.

BL's final chance is at full launch, but given TW's track record, it's unlikely they'll be able to pull it together by then. The game needs to be in EA for decades at the current progress rate.

(Hit rank #290 on TFT NA :smile: )

I have not played since September 28th. I will not play, or host any Captain's League events until Captain Mode is in an acceptable state of balance and the problems that have persisted since EA launch are fixed. It is actually really disheartening to have gone so long without proper fixes made to multiplayer. Do they even care anymore? Yeah we're supposedly getting Ai fixes and some Captain maps, but it better also come with troop / faction balance adjustments too because the lack of changes and balance in captain mode is actually ridiculous at this point.

Back
Top Bottom