I tried playing Bannerlord without Mods.......

Users who are viewing this thread

So ladies and gents,

I tried to paly this game this past weekend without mods and let me tell you something. It ****in' sucked, really really badly. Without the city rebellion mechanic its been about the same for over a year now with no real substantial changes except finally implementing 99% of the skills. AI is still horrendous in Siege Battles, Horse Archers occasionally run into the infantry, enemy lords will lose all their troops in 1 battle then return 5 min later with another full stack of the same troops, and gangs...well i guess that's another feature out the drain.

The modding community is saving this game, no doubt about it and people like myself and a few others on here, well actually I would say about everyone is playing with some sort modding capability. There arent that many youtubers minus Jackiefish and ItalianSpartacus who actually play the game anymore because TW hyped us all up and then took a dump on us when they took our money. Over 100,000 people played this game within the first month and now roughly 10,000 people are active. Holy **** is that crazy. It has now been 399 days since release and development is now at a crawl, we have no roadmap for the future, devs are never on here giving people hints on future updates, where is the TW team?

Please, I beg of you TW, release all the tools to the modding community so they can finish this game. We already have mods working on naval battles and mult-tiered sieges.

They're counting on mods to make the game good and fill in where it's horribly lacking. I bet the vast majority of players only play with mods and this is just free labor for TW to capitalize on.

The modding community is saving this game
The modding community saved warband too. Let's be honest, vanilla WB is plain boring after a couple of hours, i think i've played it not more than 10-15 hours while having hundreds and hundreds of hours on mods. PoP, Perisno, AWOIAF, ACOK, TLD... Even Viking Conquest is a mod at the end of the day (made by the brytenwalda team if i recall correctly). Warband is just a mediocre product in reality and Bannerlord will be no different. Modders will make the game great. I really hope that TW stops this EA pantomime and release the most mod friendly product possible so that modders can do the rest but, as the Kingdom of Arda team open letter stated, they're not doing that either. I'm no modder and i can't really do anything except modifying some xml, but i believe that what is creating so much problems is the console release. In my opinion the game should have a PC only release since i don't think consoles support mods, the base game is not worth the price and probably will never be.

The modding community saved warband too. Let's be honest, vanilla WB is plain boring after a couple of hours, i think i've played it not more than 10-15 hours while having hundreds and hundreds of hours on mods. PoP, Perisno, AWOIAF, ACOK, TLD... Even Viking Conquest is a mod at the end of the day (made by the brytenwalda team if i recall correctly). Warband is just a mediocre product in reality and Bannerlord will be no different. Modders will make the game great. I really hope that TW stops this EA pantomime and release the most mod friendly product possible so that modders can do the rest but, as the Kingdom of Arda team open letter stated, they're not doing that either. I'm no modder and i can't really do anything except modifying some xml, but i believe that what is creating so much problems is the console release. In my opinion the game should have a PC only release since i don't think consoles support mods, the base game is not worth the price and probably will never be.
Consoles equal more money to them. Frankly they care more about that than player experience

Consoles equal more money to them
In the short term sure. But if they release a product that doesn't support mods because of consoles, the game will die within the next year. I recently went back to AWOIAF recently and i had a blast, the only thing i find better in bannerlord is horse's manouvering. I find it silly that a modded game almost 12 years old can be so much funnier than a brand new game

In the short term sure. But if they release a product that doesn't support mods because of consoles, the game will die within the next year. I recently went back to AWOIAF recently and i had a blast, the only thing i find better in bannerlord is horse's manouvering. I find it silly that a modded game almost 12 years old can be so much funnier than a brand new game
There are some mods being created that are getting naval combat, tiered castle defense, magic and wider streets in the old worlds mod....TW needs to release the mod tools asap.

TW needs to release the mod tools asap.
Mod tools have already been released, i think there's some problem in the coding that makes modder's life a lot harder
While that is true, if they released all the mod tools wouldnt that equal more people buying the game and a steady player base?
That's exactly my point. Their greediness can be their demise

Mod tools have already been released, i think there's some problem in the coding that makes modder's life a lot harder

That's exactly my point. Their greediness can be their demise
Not all the tools have been released. One reason why AI still sucks is because they havent been given pathfining and in general the ability to make new AI soldiers. Warband had unique AI vs vanilla and that was because the entire code was given to the modders.

While that is true, if they released all the mod tools wouldnt that equal more people buying the game and a steady player base?

The majority of people on PC who are going to buy the game have bought it. They had incredible release sales and so the next big market is consoles.

I 100% agree with you though, I just have absolutely no faith in TW

So ladies and gents,

I tried to paly this game this past weekend without mods and let me tell you something. It ****in' sucked, really really badly.
I dont really agree with your particular reasons. But I fully agree with you main point.

I have also reached the point where I seriously doubt Bannerlord will ever be worth playing without mods. Some of it might just be a product of the fact that we all have different preferences.

Even so...I am baffled by some of the design choices/priorities made.

what a brave soul.. i can play vanilla warband just fine, it just lacks some immersive/QoL/and shinny features from mods but the basegame is solid.

Now bannerlord vanilla?... *shivers*

but i'm hopeful we'll eventually get there, my dreams of grandeur for vanilla bannerlord have already been shattered but i'll be happy with a solid and balanced experience in which mods can build upon (instead of having to fix fundamental issues with the game as it is now)

Surprisingly, I don't think this statement is true, I think most players play vanilla singleplayer, it boggles my mind aswell
I agree with you.

Infact I personally stuck with vanilla all the way up to 1.58 untill I finally reached the point were I had to admit to myself that it was impossible to enjoy playing this game.

Agreed.

Mods made Warband great and Bannerlord will be the same. Mods keep games fresh, providing heavy replayability. This is nothing new.

Mods made Warband great and Bannerlord will be the same. Mods keep games fresh, providing heavy replayability. This is nothing new.
+0.8

The difference however that I think we should take into account is that BL is a successor to WB. TW should have been able to learn from both modded WB and WB itself. However, not having base features such as naval combat or freelancer in Native when it was present (and even a main feature) in the previous installements? The fact that I and many others consider modded WB superior to native BL after (let's say) ~5 years of development is tragic.

I posted this thread months ago I was crucified by the forum, at that time I felt that Taleworlds would no longer delivery anything really important to the game and that from there it would be the modders to lead the improvement of the game. My fear at the time, as now, is that even the modder community gives up on the game, such are the obstacles that come with each patch, patches that add almost nothing to the game. So, I insist, finish this fkng game and let the modders work as they want.

Back
Top Bottom