I think, with a little love, Captain mode would be the bread and butter of this game and keep people coming back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Aerational

Regular
Maybe I'm wrong but if they put some serious work into it I think it would by far be the most popular mode. I get that SP is their main focus but I really hope they don't gloss over Captain not realizing that is where all the long term potential for the game lies.

Things that need to improve

• The servers frequently crash, and there isn't a great selection. The American servers are somewhere in the East and I play with at least 100 ping.

• The balance of the different factions feels a bit like rock paper scissors. I think adding a Mordhau style point system and letting people customize their units loadout could help because then you could balance by adjusting the point values of the various weapons and armor. I get that would take time and maybe just adjusting troop numbers would be enough for now.

• More maps please, maybe even some with different types of objectives...maybe a small fortress siege where teams take turn defending and attacking.

• Something that I think is low-key but actually really kills this mode is how every match drags on, when one team has clearly won, because there are a few guys running around on horses. EVERY. SINGLE. MATCH. I recommend putting in a rule that if by the time you reach the point where two flags are eliminated, and 1 team already controls the remaining flag + they have more than twice as many units then they auto win round. Something like that.
I could go on but for now those are the most crucial things to start getting it ironed out.

You are wrong. The core of Bannerlord mp has allways been skirmish and I don't think that will change any time soon. Furthermore, Captain mode seems pretty complete to me. The servers crashing and faction balance is concerning all game modes, not just captain mode.

maybe a small fortress siege where teams take turn defending and attacking.

Thats called "siege". Its another game mode.

Something that I think is low-key but actually really kills this mode is how every match drags on, when one team has clearly won, because there are a few guys running around on horses. EVERY. SINGLE. MATCH. I recommend putting in a rule that if by the time you reach the point where two flags are eliminated, and 1 team already controls the remaining flag + they have more than twice as many units then they auto win round. Something like that.

Auto win wouldn't be a good solution. I won games, where the enemy had many units and my team just one guy, but we won, because the enemy team was ignoring the flags. People who intentionally stretch time to annoy everyone should get kicked out by voting.

Auto win wouldn't be a good solution. I won games, where the enemy had many units and my team just one guy, but we won, because the enemy team was ignoring the flags. People who intentionally stretch time to annoy everyone should get kicked out by voting.

Or the 1-2 human players left on the horses knew actually how to lance and took down the enemy models 1 by 1 until they actually won. I have seen that quite a few times, especially when the last remaining models are Fians or something that ran out of ammo and has short weapons.

Captain mode is fun, especially with people who know what they are doing but the balance of maps and factions is a bit off. Certain matchups go 90% of the time or more a certain way. TW could tweak the loadouts a bit to help adjust that- some factions will still win more often vs other factions but anything in the high 60% range or higher makes battles too deterministic based on what factions are rolled at the start.

A lot of people simply quit when they see which factions are rolled.

Or the 1-2 human players left on the horses knew actually how to lance and took down the enemy models 1 by 1 until they actually won. I have seen that quite a few times, especially when the last remaining models are Fians or something that ran out of ammo and has short weapons.

Yea, there are just a lot of options, even if there is only one guy left in the team.

If you guys love captains mode, come play in our July 11th captains mode tournament! www.captainleague.com for our discord link.

Is there a thread about that? The discord is very disorganised and confusing.

Is there a thread about that? The discord is very disorganised and confusing.

The #tournament-rules txt channel has the format of the event and the rules. The #tournament-registration is used for event registration. #trying-to-form-a-team if you don't have a team for the event and would like to try and form one. If you have any questions i can happily answer them for you in voice chat or through one of the txt channels :smile:. Also we often do casual 6v6 matches and matchmaking stacks if you ever want to hop in and join us we'd love to have you play!

Last edited:
The #tournament-rules txt channel has the format of the event and the rules. The #tournament-registration is used for event registration. #trying-to-form-a-team if you don't have a team for the event and would like to try and form one. If you have any questions i can happily answer them for you in voice chat or through one of the txt channels :smile:. Also we often do casual 6v6 matches and matchmaking stacks if you ever want to hop in and join us we'd love to have you play!

I will take a look at it, thanks! :smile:

Cheers I might have a look as well. Would be nice to get back to M&B events; and Captains mode seems like it would be easy going.

Back
Top Bottom