I think it needs a stamina system

Users who are viewing this thread

Multiple mods for Warband implemented stamina. I'd say just about everyone switched that off 5 secs into their first battle. It doesn't fit the M&B melee structure imo. Spamming can be beaten in many ways, distancing, positioning and chambering (at least in warband, good luck in BL). Now we've got shield bashing as well, which has been useful a few times.

Stamina only makes an artificial duel length barrier. It has nothing to do with spam. When duels lasted ~10-60 minutes in warband a stamina system would have been great.

100% yes!!! atm you the game rewards you for for just spamming left click like a mad man. If I block someone they shouldn't just be able to keep swinging two handed weapons like they are the hulk. After I block they can swing faster than I can as you need the block animation to reset before you start your attack, I'm pretty sure this might even be a bug as it's not like that in SP

Sure allow 3 or 4 consecutive swings but the infinite stamina that allows you to just keep swinging is horrible and rewards for no skill involved.

100% yes!!! atm you the game rewards you for for just spamming left click like a mad man. If I block someone they shouldn't just be able to keep swinging two handed weapons like they are the hulk. After I block they can swing faster than I can as you need the block animation to reset before you start your attack, I'm pretty sure this might even be a bug as it's not like that in SP

Sure allow 3 or 4 consecutive swings but the infinite stamina that allows you to just keep swinging is horrible and rewards for no skill involved.

Unless there's a similar system to Mordhau, a stamina system would make it so that a 1vX would almost be impossible due to sheer numbers. More people + no stamina can't attack or block.

There was an option for stamina in viking conquest. It makes kind of sense but I played with that turned on for quite a while and hated it! It's extremely annoying and makes every battle just about your stamina, believe me. At the least you should be a ble to turn it off when it gets impemented.

You probably have a considerably slower weapon or fail to turn/position yourself correctly to achieve the fastest possible swing. A two hander wielder wont have time to attack twice in a row without taking a hit if you attack correctly.

edit: a 2 h wielder who turns 90 degrees into their swing is still going to be a bit faster than an 1 h wielder who simply attacks without rotating.

Back
Top Bottom