I think defender's advantage on siege battle got deleted.

Users who are viewing this thread

During the 1k hour playtime, I have watched the siege between many AIs and participated in many siege battles.
What I learned from that is that there is an advantage on the defense side in the siege when auto resolving.
The offense needed about three times the number of defensive forces to win easily.

But things got changed in my playthrough. [bata 1.1.0].
The defender's advantage seems to have completely disappeared in the siege.
Despite the fact that the offensive side had less than twice as many troops as the defensive side, the siege could be seen to end very quickly with a perfect victory for the siege side. (almost no casualty and battle ends over in a blink of an eye.)
There are also problems that the quality of the army doesn't matter but size matters.
are these inter-related? Or is this due to the intention of the developer?
Is this a problem? or just a change?

All of auto resolve is very broken in 1.1 right now. Strat gaming even made a video which showed that even with 330 Tactics + all perks, auto resolve checks unit numbers rather than their tier or any other thing.

And here I am wondering how much the various party leader perks actually benefit companion party leaders when they're out on their own, and it turns out that autocalc is just counting heads. Unbelievable.

And here I am wondering how much the various party leader perks actually benefit companion party leaders when they're out on their own, and it turns out that autocalc is just counting heads. Unbelievable.
All the party leader perks should work for companions. It's just that auto resolve in general got completely borked in the latest patch.

All the party leader perks should work for companions. It's just that auto resolve in general got completely borked in the latest patch.
If its just going by troop numbers with no regard to actual troop strength, then I can't imagine that perks are having much effect either. In Strat's video he loses with 500 Elite Cataphracts vs 630 mixed tier empire troops, and that's with 330 Tactics skill which is supposed to give a +130% damage bonus on top of all the other perks. That tells me that the perks can't be doing anything. Now it might be the case that something broke auto resolve in the last patch, but even if its working how it was, can we really be sure that things like perks and morale have any effect? Has anybody ever done any testing around this?

I remember early in EA, someone posted the auto-resolve code and it was stupidly simplistic. Like it was only looking at troop numbers and tier and if they were mounted or not. There might have been more, but it was ridiculously basic. Has the code really been improved since then?

If its just going by troop numbers with no regard to actual troop strength, then I can't imagine that perks are having much effect either. In Strat's video he loses with 500 Elite Cataphracts vs 630 mixed tier empire troops, and that's with 330 Tactics skill which is supposed to give a +130% damage bonus on top of all the other perks. That tells me that the perks can't be doing anything. Now it might be the case that something broke auto resolve in the last patch, but even if its working how it was, can we really be sure that things like perks and morale have any effect? Has anybody ever done any testing around this?

I remember early in EA, someone posted the auto-resolve code and it was stupidly simplistic. Like it was only looking at troop numbers and tier and if they were mounted or not. There might have been more, but it was ridiculously basic. Has the code really been improved since then?
Auto resolve is definitely broken, trust me. In previous patches, you would always win with a higher "balance of power" meter or whatever it's called. In a 1.9-1.0 playthrough I had my character with a 10 cunning build made up of mostly bandit troops and he had about 250 tactics by the time I stopped playing. Even before the final perk, I was completely dominating the AI when I used AR, so currently AR is definitely bugged. I really really doubt that this is intentional because the "balance of power" thingy on the top is still showing that you would otherwise win despite resulting in a defeat.

I think they changed or tweaked auto resolve a few times but Idk what exactly they changed. I think but I'm not completely sure that units have specific AR stats (which is mainly determined by their tier and troop type).

Back
Top Bottom