Resolved I started war 3 times in 5 minutes then game hangs

Users who are viewing this thread

FujairahMan

Recruit
Summary:
I started a war as a vassal of a kingdom. But that kingdom kept declaring a truce. Then the game hung up on me.

How to Reproduce:

I was playing as a vassal of Vlandia. I had given the Dragon Banner to Derthert, the ruler of Vlandia. We had already taken all the settlements from the Western and Northern Empires. All the kingdoms were at peace, but I wanted to destroy the Southern Empire.

With a plan to start a war then capture the town of Amitatys, I formed an army. My army was half way on its journey to that town, when I decided to add Servic’s party of 120 to my army.

Amitatys had two villages, Phasos and Elipe. We proceeded to raid the village of Phasos. This triggered a war. It also raised my Criminal rating in the Southern Empire, as well as made me lose relationships with a number of locals. I ended the raid before finishing it, because I just wanted war.

As we were about half way to Amitatys, peace was declared somehow.

I thought war was not lasting, because I had not complete my village raid. So I took my army back to Phasos, and raided it again. The war started, but I completed our raid. One of my companions complained about raiding his people, but I reminded him who the boss is.

We finally got to Amitatys and started a siege. Just as we finished building our siege camp, the two kingdoms declared truce again. So we had to abandon our siege.

I took my army to raid Elipe, the second village. My criminal rating in the Southern Empire increased to 100 during this raid. But I started the war for the third time.

Also, I did not notice that my army’s cohesion was running very low at this point. When we left off our raid, I watched as Servic’s party left my army. His was the last unit I added to my army, so I found it strange that his was the first to leave.

There were still a few units in my army with almost no cohesion left. I decided to disband my army, so as to reform it again. When I clicked on disband, the map came up, but I had lost all game controls. Also, my kingdom influence was positive but now dropped to -883.

This short video shows what the map looks like now. I can access my inventory, my skills page, clan and kingdom pages, etc. I can still edit my character image and banner. But my map unit will not move. Also, the flags to form an army is gone.

Quest/Settlement Name (if related): No particular quest
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Version: e1.4.0.230030
Installed community-made modifications:
Computer Specs
:
GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti
CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.20 GHz
RAM: 16.0 GB
Motherboard:
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): Samsung 960 EVO 500 GB

Update to my report:
I loaded the last save_auto file of the game, and I got back game control. However, the game still has to be fixed to prevent the game hanging like it did.

Forwarding this issue to the QA team for further investigation. Thanks for reporting. In the meantime, can you share your save files? You can use a cloud service and post an open link on this thread.

I duplicated the problem by forming an army with only a little influence left. Then I raided a village to start a war. This made my influence drop to negative. As my army's cohesion dropped near zero, a few parties started to leave. I then went to the army formation window and disbanded that army. Then the game stopped for me.
I include here a short video of what happened, a save file before the army disbanded and a save file after the army disbanded.

I have been informed that this issue is fixed on our development branch and the fix will be implemented with the upcoming patches. Thanks for reporting!

Back
Top Bottom