I spent 158 game days just being the biggest scumbag I could and in the end Tale Words trolls me good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Yesterday I start a new game with the desire to just be bad and so I want to get roguery up ASAP so all I do is roam around with my companions doing prison breaks, getting married (for free because + relation from prison breaks), getting pregnant, getting merc contract,put companions in the bar, siege a friendly fief and surrender, break contract, do prison break and murder husband in the prison, Move on to look for more prison breaks and husbands! Took out some minor clan parties solo too but they deserve it! Prison breaks aren't free! Finally I get 150 roguery and go to recruit some bandits to make my party! The and I get an lol epic troll from TW.

Now I''ve got his perk a few times before already, but I always had a big bad party already when I got it! I though it would be fun to get it first and start with a bandit party! But they don't join you! Hah hah hah. It says ALWAYS on the perk!

158 game days just to get trolled! What does my clan have? 2x Noble bow, 2x Long Glaive, 1X heavy Imperial armor, 2X Heavy Imp horse armor, 4X lesser heavy armor, other miss armor peace's, 3x lesser heavy horse armor..... 3 Babies, 4 dead husbands and a Khada, soon be murdered too because **** Khada!
That may sound like a lot but normally I would be much more advanced in this amount of time at least well into rank 3 with massive reserve of money if I focused on merc/solo play or multiple fiefs if I join a faction. However I also got 194 charm from all the prison breaks and marriages. I probably spent near 100k on prison breaks too, although that will eventually pay off in loot bonus.

LKb0o9a.jpg

I guess the join calculation happens after the party strength calculation, you should submit a ticket anyway: either they change the description or fix it

It only works if your party is stronger and the aggressor.... Its always been like that.
Imagine rolling up to a small platoon or mounted warriors and telling them your their leader now... no.. nonononononnoonononnonononononoonononnononono

Have you submitted a ticket on that?
I guess the join calculation happens after the party strength calculation, you should submit a ticket anyway: either they change the description or fix it
yes
Who would've thought. Turns out you're not the biggest scumbag.
I'll show them!
It only works if your party is stronger and the aggressor.... Its always been like that.
Imagine rolling up to a small platoon or mounted warriors and telling them your their leader now... no.. nonononononnoonononnonononononoonononnononono
But then they will often offer to join anyways! And I don't want them because I have troops. I can make much better troops, I could have 150 KG and piles of money if I played differently and didn't do all the dum prisoner breaks to get the skill and perk. It's completely worthless.

Let me get it straight... So your expectation was that after getting this perk you could just run around and all bandits would happily join you for free even when they are stronger than you? Was that what you hoped for?

Let me get it straight... So your expectation was that after getting this perk you could just run around and all bandits would happily join you for free even when they are stronger than you? Was that what you hoped for?
It's what people would expect when they use the term "always". I.e. you got some serious credits in the underworld, every bandit wants to join you and share in your loot etc. Makes thematic sense, and the perk description is very clear by saying "always". Definitely a bug; whether gameplay or poorly worded perk description, not sure, but something is wrong.

Let me get it straight... So your expectation was that after getting this perk you could just run around and all bandits would happily join you for free even when they are stronger than you?
Yes, why are they joining you? They already join you when you're much stronger then them, the only point of the perk is they join you because you're "Partners in crime". It's another worthless perk if they don't make it do exactly what it says. What do you think it's hard to get loads of fians or khan's gaurds? It's not, it really easy and fast now. There's no reason to want to get a bunch of crappy bandits AFTER you have a party.

Yes, why are they joining you? They already join you when you're much stronger then them, the only point of the perk is they join you because you're "Partners in crime". It's another worthless perk if they don't make it do exactly what it says. What do you think it's hard to get loads of fians or khan's gaurds? It's not, it really easy and fast now. There's no reason to want to get a bunch of crappy bandits AFTER you have a party.
It makes sense only if you have the Veteran's Respect perk so they can be made into actual soldier, allowing you to replenish casualties in the middle of enemy territory. Admittedly though, that's a very specific playstyle: the unstoppable bandit horde where you just amass hundreds of units and snowball city after city destroying them instead of keeping them for yourself long term. I reccomend it.

If the perk doesn't do what it says then why the **** would anyone take it? :facepalm:

@Ananda_The_Destroyer my guess is that it's a bug and probably one Taleworlds doesn't know about because not too many people will try to get it because of how much a pain in the ass it is to get, or maybe they are trolling you. :razz:

It makes sense only if you have the Veteran's Respect perk so they can be made into actual soldier, allowing you to replenish casualties in the middle of enemy territory. Admittedly though, that's a very specific playstyle: the unstoppable bandit horde where you just amass hundreds of units and snowball city after city destroying them instead of keeping them for yourself long term. I reccomend it.
The problem with this combo is that they require two conflicting play paths to get.
Leadership: Must lead armies, must be a vassal or ruler, so you are advancing the game to even begin raising this skill. You are slow and expensive (high tier = more exp). You really don't want to go looking for prison breaks like this, sea of bigger fish to fry.
Roguery: Must do prison breaks, must travel to many border fiefs looking for them, must spend money on all of them, this is 10X easier to do as merc (or solo) which mean guess what NO EARLY LEADERSHIP from vassal army!
That said, I've got this combo on 2 different characters and.... it's neat... the thing is by the time I do all that I am so advanced and powerful that I don't really need to round up bandits and make them into noble line, I got a too many already. It's neat though and I'll get it because I have high cunning so it's a waste not to, but the problem in the fine print should be fixed. What I do is simply stay a merc form tier 2-4 and save leadership for being a ruler, not solely for prison breaks but also because I feel being vassal is too easy and gets boring, I'd rather start a kingdom from nothing,

And also as I said elsewhere, the steppe bandit are to fast too easily round up when you have a bigger party anyways, so even if I wanted to round them all up and I had a garrison to make a small party it's really lame and too much trouble to make "just right" size to catch them and have them surrender, they really should just always surrender like the perk says.

they really should just always surrender like the perk says.
Yeah, this.

Small group of highly successful bandits convinces larger gangs of bandits to follow him and join in his profits.
I think it can be quite believable, and make for much better gameplay than its current underpowered state.

Back
Top Bottom