I Skipped the Big Conspiracy Quest. Mistake?

Users who are viewing this thread

I hated the Dragon Banner quest on my earlier run-throughs (I think I'm on my fifth (sixth?)) This time I ignored all this banner business. I have a piece but haven't sought the other. I leave the sages untalked-to.

I went through a lengthy period as a loyal and most productive vassal of Vlandia. When the monarch died, I was named, so I 'inherited' a kingdom rather than started one. I continued my efforts to enlarge it.

I'm in late-game now. I own all Sturgia (although there are still parties running around sniping at me). I own all of Battania off-and-on. That is, they raise rebels like rabbits and towns keep dropping into their hands. Fortunately, my lords usually reconquer the towns for me and are usually nice enough to vote to restore my old possessions to me, when they were the ones to revolt this time. I own most of the Empire lands, although all but Western Empire still have rumps they own. I haven't made my incursions into Khuzaiti territories last; they take back whatever I got, after I leave. That's somewhat the same in Aseri lands, although I own a big chunk on the eastern side.

My armies are all-conquering where I go. I move with 1500 - 2000 men and smash into town after town, field army after army. My kingdom's other armies generally win, too, and I let them keep cleaning up the rebellions and trouble with the Empire(s). Trouble is: I find myself with THIRTEEN wars going, including rebellions and dispossessed lords, and as many as five at once of the remaining kingdoms. I cannot stop putting out fires to make permanent gains at this point.

So, is this the payback for not completing the gol-danged Quest? Or just business as usual with the release version of BL?

It's just how it is, as your faction does better you get more wars because your vassals all want war and enemies all calculate their power as high when they have less fiefs (they always have plenty of parties). Once your faction is close to 1/3 of the map I think the other factions have an addition or increased chance to declare war (not sure exactly), Devs have said as much but without explaining the details.

It is better to just start a kingdom at the edge of the map though, rather then taking over an existing one (unless maybe you take the khuzait or vlandia?) and if you pass the + loyalty and + security policies you won't have nearly any rebellions.

If you use your fiefs to create new clans you will be just fine. Use them all and then you will always be on the ballot for the next one and can keep making clans as long as you can find wanderers. This is how you can overrun the AI even though they never go away and don't have to ever do anything but attack you.

If you use your fiefs to create new clans you will be just fine. Use them all and then you will always be on the ballot for the next one and can keep making clans as long as you can find wanderers. This is how you can overrun the AI even though they never go away and don't have to ever do anything but attack you.
Are you saying that you just sign up companions and make them lords? I didn't know that was possible.

Are you saying that you just sign up companions and make them lords? I didn't know that was possible.
From v1.6.4
  • Be the leader of a kingdom.
  • Have at least one fief.
  • Have an active companion that is not a family member.
  • Have 20.000 Denars and 500 Influence ready to spend for the promotion.
  • Once the conditions are met the player can initiate the dialogue with a companion about their promotion. The player will grant the companion one of their fiefs and will be able to name their clan. The newly created clan will be a tier 2 clan and receive a 50 relation bonus with the player’s clan.

Back
Top Bottom