I simply don't want to play the game and that's sad.

Users who are viewing this thread

agreed seems like most of the people new to mount and blade who never played warband seem to be the ones that love it but a lot of the vets are have either mixed feelings including me or just hate it completely. Its not a bad game sure but for me it feels like a downgrade compared to warband in some areas such as world building and general immersion, when i saw the map for the first time i was amazed at how big it was but then i realized its just full of copy and pasted towns (this is something that is supposed to be sorted during EA) and a couple of hideouts here and there, i was hoping there would be some hidden caves that are not hideouts and have some loot in them or ruins but no.

The map is vacant and lifeless. I thought there would be some other creative ideas to improve over Warband's, not so. Once you get in the game for awhile you start to realize it's a battle simulator with nothing else to do.

A lot of veterans chiming in with similar views.

I've been playing M&B since 2009 before Warband was even a thing. It's not that I don't recognize the game needs work, it's that I recognize that the whole point of EA is to do that work on a game and therefore I judge it based on where the devs say they want to go with it and the progress I see being made. The refactor was a big undertaking so yes, I can forgive a certain lack of obvious improvement with the understanding that the real improvement is the ability to make future changes. Now that they are done with the refactor, I fully expect to resume seeing obvious improvements on a somewhat regular basis. And we already got one of those a couple of weeks ago, with another big patch stated to be on the way. We still have 7 to 8 months before we reach a year of it being out in EA. That's plenty of time to add and tweak additional features. Even then, while most of the dissidents here seem to have decided the year is a deadline, it's not. If they decide it needs more work they will continue to add to it after then.

If they gave me the modding tools, I can make it fun again! (Disclaimer: no guarantie it will be fun for you, but it will probably be fun for me)

We're expecting you with great interest, Sir.

giphy.gif

Respect

Not sure what sort of mods you guys were playing in Warband, but Viking Conquest had significant bugs from start to finish yet I still enjoyed it thoroughly. I even get nostalgic about it. Bannerlord's state isn't really that far from VC. There's far more potential since it's EA. Don't be ridiculous.

Also, the perk system with attribute points, focus points, etc. is totally fine and an overall improvement from Warband. I actually made the mistake of thinking points in Charm would be required to get married easily on my first playthrough. They got rid of a lot of useless things from Warband.

It's fun seeing myself and companions get +1 level in a certain skill during and after every battle. Overall it feels like there are so many options to place attributes and focus points that being strategic about it, min-maxing to get certain perks, is a lot of fun.

Seriously, it's mind numbing reading these comments that only "noobs" who didn't play Warband like Bannerlord, then the same people go on to complain about siege AI being terrible and ruining Bannerlord for them.

Excuse me, but I remember very clearly in Warband offensive sieges just sitting max range with bow and arrows and soloing an entire wall of archers, retreating when I ran out of arrows, then continuing round 2 until I soloed an entire fortress. Or in VC, just sitting at the "hole" in the wall when defending a town and spam clicking with a 2-handed weapon equipped, getting like 130 kills per siege defense. Get real, lol.

Last edited:
So what are the list of things you want besides the village-castle transformation that you believe will not be added?

I had a similar experience with rimworld - it was pretty bare bones when I first played it. So I left it, forgot about it and now its permanent addition on my favourites list.
So Rimworld also claimed to be in EA one year and cost 39,99€ when it was released? Good comparison...

A pretty good game, which used EA as it should be, developed by like 1 dev most of the time against this?

So Rimworld also claimed to be in EA one year and cost 39,99€ when it was released? Good comparison...

A pretty good game, which used EA as it should be, developed by like 1 dev most of the time against this?
Actually rimworld was in EA for about 5 years and cost £24.99 if I remember correctly. Now it is a freaking amazing game (98% positive reviews)... I don't think people know what EA is. Bannerlord has advanced faster through EA then 95% of the other EA games I have bought (good & bad).

The point is though - It is EA. TW themselves said don't buy it if you want a finished product - it's not ready...

People want a finished product - this is not a finished product.

If they gave me the modding tools, I can make it fun again! (Disclaimer: no guarantie it will be fun for you, but it will probably be fun for me)
Modding tools are coming. I’ll take that as a promise with or without TotSK cannons. :smile:

...Excuse me, but I remember very clearly in Warband offensive sieges just sitting max range with bow and arrows and soloing an entire wall of archers, retreating when I ran out of arrows, then continuing round 2 until I soloed an entire fortress. Or in VC, just sitting at the "hole" in the wall when defending a town and spam clicking with a 2-handed weapon equipped, getting like 130 kills per siege defense. Get real, lol.
True. Warband sieges could be corny and open to abuse. Similarly, the failure of Bannerlord AI to assault the inner gates after a battering ram has broken the outer gates is disappointing - it shouldn’t rely on the player wielding an inappropriate sword. :smile:
Bannerlord is beautiful. I’m certain that its gameplay can and will be improved.

Last edited:
Actually rimworld was in EA for about 5 years and cost £24.99 if I remember correctly. Now it is a freaking amazing game (98% positive reviews)... I don't think people know what EA is. Bannerlord has advanced faster through EA then 95% of the other EA games I have bought (good & bad).
The point is though - It is EA. TW themselves said don't buy it if you want a finished product - it's not ready...

The point is, Rimworld was more complete after 1 year EA for a cheaper price than Bannerlord will be in 2 years. And they didn´t claim "around" a year.

Just stop comparing good games to this ****.

I'm thinking that once the modding tools are released a lot of people are not going to be upgrading their game until their favorite mods do. I really don't see the mod tools are coming out "soon" it seems like it would make it harder to sort through the reported bugs. I expect the tools to come out close to the 1 year EA date.

Can't wait.

As much as i wait for the Modding Tools to be released aswell, i hardly doubt they will change something big.
Seeing that they are deleting features in the game, as for the scenery when you talk with a person on the world map, i can only imagine what else be will be deleted in the future.
And i don't think a lot of modders want to work on something big that could get trashed entirely with the release of the next patch that added little to nothing to the game.
I mean if you take a look on the nexusmod site you can clearly see how many modders stopped updating their mods already entirely, and how few new mods find their way onto the site nowadays in comparison to 2 months ago. They are already fed up with that.
And i am pretty sure TW is completely aware of that, they just release the tools so the community has something else to do except for being, more often than not, hostile on the forums. Rightfully so in my eyes

I'm not there yet but I'm getting there. Especially seeing how multiplayer is suddenly a big focus. The SP experience needs a lot of mods to be worthwhile.
Stop stop right there, stop making stuff up. The Devs for mutiplayer and single player are different groups, Mutiplayer seems to be the big thing because this is the first actual new "content" since EA came out. The MP devs to my knowledge there is alot less of them.Basically the big "update" is a another type of the same matching making system just for clans, balance changes, and the big one two new maps. Thats its our first big update since EA, Mutiplayer has never been a "big focus". Well except with Warband that only game only exists because of mutiplayer.

The point is, Rimworld was more complete after 1 year EA for a cheaper price than Bannerlord will be in 2 years. And they didn´t claim "around" a year.

Just stop comparing good games to this ****.
No it.. really wasn't more complete after 1 year EA.... and bannerlord just had a big patch and is about to have another large patch...

Back
Top Bottom