I seriously can't take the stupidity of the game any more (19 enemy lords all raiding just my city's villages at the same time)

Users who are viewing this thread

Time to be a independent kingdom, if you are a level 4 clan, you can make three parties and made some mercenary contracts, you will be able to expand your kingdom. Sadly in late game you will be a universal target.

Honestly if your faction has 3 big armies and all the enemies can do is raid small villages when the armies are siegeing them it sounds like you faction is indeed winning and declaring war might've been a good choice. The ai is lacking serverly, yes, but you shouldn't except them to base thier decisions around you. If you want that you should create your own kingdom like the others said, and in the meantime accept that your **** will get burnt and just join the other armies.

Honestly if your faction has 3 big armies and all the enemies can do is raid small villages when the armies are siegeing them it sounds like you faction is indeed winning and declaring war might've been a good choice. The ai is lacking serverly, yes, but you shouldn't except them to base thier decisions around you. If you want that you should create your own kingdom like the others said, and in the meantime accept that your **** will get burnt and just join the other armies.
Correction: My faction had 3 big armies fighting another faction that had 3 big armies and generally trading back and forth with my faction losing slightly. Then my faction declares war on yet another faction on the other side of the territory from where it is currently fighting and generally losing and that faction decides to send ALL of its lords into my one city and its villages to raid constantly for like 3 hours straight.

This is where the frustration comes in. Why did my faction declare war against another faction when it was already in a war it was losing slightly? Also my city wasn't the ONLY city or fief bordering the second faction yet none of the lords bothered with raiding them, just my 3 villages. On top of that, not one of my factions armies made a move to attack the faction they just decided to declare war on, the just keep fighting the original faction. A couple of things seem very broken here with the way the AI logic was working for my faction and honestly having 19 lord just attack my villages seemed like a bug as well if I have to be honest.

Also as far as creating my own kingdom, that is what I did. After 3 hours of this stupidity, I left my original faction and created my own Kingdom which just made things worse. Now my own Kingdom wants to be at war with everyone all at the same time with 100% support costing me literally 500-700 influence to vote no. I managed to vote no 3 times before I no longer had enough influence to override the support. No my new Kingdom is at war with 3 factions, voted for within literally 5 minutes of each other and half my Kingdom is burning because I barely have enough lords and parties to fight one Kingdom, let alone 3.

So creating my own Kingdom didn't solve a thing. The AI behind War declarations is just broken and fluck.

Honestly I brought this up in a couple of other threads but the AI should have to pass JUST FOUR conditions before declaring war.

1) Am I already at war? If the answers is yes then no war declared....EVER!!
2) Is the Faction I want to fight weaker and/or disadvantaged such as being already at war with another faction? If the answer is Yes and condition 1 is no, then war can be declared. If the the answer is No, then no war declared.
3) Does the Faction I want to go to war against have territories bordering mine? If the answer is No, then no war declared even if the other conditions are met.
4) Have you been in a war within the last 30 days. If yes, no war is declared despite other conditions being met.

These 4 questions consisting of simple logical conclusions, solve 90% of the war issues frequency issues. No Kingdom should want to be at war with multiple factions, when it is disadvantaged, when they are recovering from a pervious war or if they don't have bordering territories....EVER!!! This doesn't mean another, more powerful faction which finds itself meeting all the conditions wouldn't declare war on your faction and you could very well find yourself fighting 2-3 other factions if 2 opposing factions met all their conditions to declare on you but it would be pretty rare to be fighting more than 1 faction at a time.

Usually the reason as far as I can see why our villages is picked for raiding is that it have little to 0 defenders.
Typically before it was given to you - someone in your faction looted the village to the ground.

In this case I've typically just stuck around that weak town and imprisoned all the lords comeing my way, safeguarding the village.
While you do that the village also slowly build up some defense(Milita).

The ai arent that keen or raiding your villages if it have like 50-100 milita in it to put it that way.
I noticed this when I got some towns where there was that amount of milita in them - never been touched ever.

We should have a mechanics to deposit troops into the villages and thus they would be part of the milita.

Tried to go back to my game. Can't do it. 3 more hours of constant wars. Did the catch and release thing got relations up to 30-40 with the raiding lords.....they still raid faster than I can catch them. Then decided to cheat like hell and push out the frontier. Took 2 cities, 4 castles from them pushing the border out away from my cities. They still raid my villages constantly seemingly to focus on them. Also my faction won't even consider peace because despite me literally reducing them to just 2 cities and castle and me causing them over 12,000 casualties to only 4000 of ours lost, they have 26 successful raids so apparently that means THEY are winning and we would have to pay them like 5000 gold for peace. Also despite having almost no territory, the Western Empire has 20 Clans. What is that, 40-50+ lords in parties?

Final straw was that finally we had 44% support to declare peace with Battania so I figure I can just burn 100 influence to push it though but nope. Somehow despite a 44% support when I call the vote, even with my 100 influence, the vote for peace goes down to 41% and I can't get it passed. Not sure how adding 100 influence to the vote causes the final result to go down but it sure did.

Guess I am done with this stupid game for a while. Not having any fun at all. Something like 8 real time hours of constant warfare, my villages are all 100% looted to the ground, nothing left and my cities are at the poverty level will like 2000 prosperity and are of course starving. Oh and I can't even buy food for my army without traveling to the other side of the map. Oh I forgot, despite calling on a big army, most of lords actually and actually disbanding it back near the Western Empire, as soon as I disbanded the army, every lord ran off to go fight Battania again leaving me to deal with 20 clans worth of Western Empire by myself again.

Games broken as ****.

Not sure how adding 100 influence to the vote causes the final result to go down but it sure did.
The voting method (AIUI) is largely agnostic towards clans in terms of player vs. AI-run, so some lords who appear as supporting a vote might switch to voting against it for a friend's sake.

The voting method (AIUI) is largely agnostic towards clans in terms of player vs. AI-run, so some lords who appear as supporting a vote might switch to voting against it for a friend's sake.
Which begs the question why even show what the support is in the first place if it just changes at voting time. Not giving players sufficient or incorrect information is a sure way to kill a game for a player.

Which begs the question why even show what the support is in the first place if it just changes at voting time. Not giving players sufficient or incorrect information is a sure way to kill a game for a player.
Yep. Especially since right after the vote, the support for peace changed back to zero again.

On the bright side, I guess since my villages are all burnt to the ground, I don't have to stress out trying to protect them any more. Then again with no food coming in from the villages, I am sure it is just a matter of time before my fiefs completely starve, loyalty drops and they all go into rebellion. But hey, we have to fight off those damn Battanians even if they are willing to give us 6000 in tributes if we would just declare peace. Its absolutely OK to lose everything we gained against the Western Empire after all.

Yep. Especially since right after the vote, the support for peace changed back to zero again.

On the bright side, I guess since my villages are all burnt to the ground, I don't have to stress out trying to protect them any more. Then again with no food coming in from the villages, I am sure it is just a matter of time before my fiefs completely starve, loyalty drops and they all go into rebellion. But hey, we have to fight off those damn Battanians even if they are willing to give us 6000 in tributes if we would just declare peace. Its absolutely OK to lose everything we gained against the Western Empire after all.
The last I played more than a few hours at a time I had a situation similar to yours. I had 2 towns and 3 castles and it was impossible to keep them all, or even most of them, from being raided so I just went on the war path and ripped them a new one. You start raiding nonstop till one side or the other sues for peace and even if your faction has to pay tribute it won't be a big.

Back
Top Bottom