I really want to play Oblivion again, I really do, unfortunatly it doesn't

Users who are viewing this thread

Okay, so I got Oblivion installed fine and after one hiccup I got it in working order (the thing wanted to load Oblivion.esm after some stuff), I added it to my non-steam games list because I do that with every game. However, the steam overlay keeps flickering on the screen, and when I try to activate it it doesn't do anything, just flickers. This is the only game that the overlay does this on, so I'm assuming (dangerous, I know) that it is something about Oblivion that does this. Any help will be greatly appreciated and thanked.

And I'm not going to play Oblivion without the Steam overlay, it works for every other game, why not this one?

if your using mods and it needs to boot from obse or something similar, i imagine that could cause problems, not sure though, i also recently installed oblivion on my computer but in the quest for mods i haven't actually played it, i also use steam so i'll give it a try myself when i get chance and i'll let you know what happens...

edit,

works fine for me, that's with no mods on at all though, also, try changing the default buttons on oblivion, shift and tab are used to open steam, tab is default as inventory on oblivion...

well, I changed the buttons to Shift+Enter already, I tried changing it to Insert, but it didn't work. I'm still looking for more mods though, it's not started to CTD yet so I can't have enough  :lol:.

Something is probably screwing with the DX Overlay rendering. Try closing down any apps that might do that (driver tools and similar crap, anything else that uses overlays etc). It could be mod related, in which case anything mucking about with the graphical rendering would be prime suspect.

if you haven't solved the problem soon, i'll let you know how mine works with all the mods on, i have alot of graphical mods also, just can't be arsed farsing with it at the moment, maybe disable all your mods and see how it works, if it works narrow it down to the mod causing the problem...

Still isn't working like it should, even after deactivating rocketdock and Rainmeter. If it makes any difference, Fallout 3 didn't have this problem which is strange. Ah well, I guess it's back to playing Sins for now.

As Arch said any driver tools like EVGA Precision likes to conflict with steam overlay, close processes that you don't need if all else fails.

Back
Top Bottom