I really hate the default deployment arrangement, I hope they hurry and give us full control soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

For 1.5.6, I suffer badly whenever I do quests for Caravan Ambush. The enemies are now mounted raiders and I have seen them directly take out Imperial Veteran Infantryman with a direct charge. Whenever I am facing these enemies, I would like my Group VI (which I put all my Spearman in) to lead the line instead of swordsman before the battle.

We have something in the works for battles that is similar to the siege deployment phase that is currently in-game. I'm not sure when it will be ready though.
@Callum @Dejan Any news on progress?
It's still extremely annoying to have to scramble to move and arrange all the troops every singe battle just to get them to 'function', it's also annoying to have to use "face direction" to make ranged units bother to shoot the enemies already trying to kill them and annoying to have to put stationary Cav in "Shield wall" to hold thier shield up, it shouldn't be so much busy work every fight to not have all your troops immediately shot in face.

@Callum @Dejan Any news on progress?
It's still extremely annoying to have to scramble to move and arrange all the troops every singe battle just to get them to 'function', it's also annoying to have to use "face direction" to make ranged units bother to shoot the enemies already trying to kill them and annoying to have to put stationary Cav in "Shield wall" to hold thier shield up, it shouldn't be so much busy work every fight to not have all your troops immediately shot in face.

Work in progress. If i understood correctly it will be similar to the leadership(?) perk that has been removed for a while now but available to everyone by default. The one where you can deploy the troops before battle; I dont remember the name, sorry.

Work in progress. If i understood correctly it will be similar to the leadership(?) perk that has been removed for a while now but available to everyone by default. The one where you can deploy the troops before battle; I dont remember the name, sorry.
8 months is not a work in progress it's a postponement. Why say it's in the works but then turn around and ignore it for 8 months and not say another word about it? It would've been better for them to just say it's planned to be changed but we're unsure of when we'll get to it. I've said it before and I'll say it again TW is their own worst enemy.

I mentioned work in progress because it came up as a question/answer in a stream yesterday on youtube. It may come tomorrow or in 5 months I do not know.

Wtf man. Pre-battle deployment sounds really nice, guess Ill hope for a modder to come along and implement it. Would also be nice if units stopped turning towards enemies by default, I love it when my infantry line makes a 180 because of some dude on his horse speeding by, always have to kill cavalry off as soon as possible or issue the face direction command, which isnt perfect either. Also why cant we still order troops to attack specific divisions ?

Wtf man. Pre-battle deployment sounds really nice, guess Ill hope for a modder to come along and implement it. Would also be nice if units stopped turning towards enemies by default, I love it when my infantry line makes a 180 because of some dude on his horse speeding by, always have to kill cavalry off as soon as possible or issue the face direction command, which isnt perfect either. Also why cant we still order troops to attack specific divisions ?
Tell them to face direction; I do not remember the combination sorry.

Oh, I misunderstood then. Pre-battle deployment will be implemented at some point but in what capacity and what will entail only TW knows.

Back
Top Bottom