I really hate the default deployment arrangement, I hope they hurry and give us full control soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

If they are having issues of a technical nature implementing this, at least array the formations deeper rather than wider. A lot of the maps simply are not designed with enough frontage to support an army of even 250, let alone the possibility of 1000 troops arrayed in linear formations.

Dude chill, it´s only 6 weeks ago since Callum told you that they have something in the works. Could be ready any day now!

That´s also one one of the few perks that the modders didn´t get working.

Actually some guy did make a mod that used the underlying game code to allow you to deploy before battles. It's out of date now, but it was swell while is lasted.

100% agree with OP, this would make the game so much better for me. Tactics lvl 75 is a great place for this perk I think, they definitely shouldn't put it any further out of reach. If it was available sooner I would be ok with that.

I want it for every battle right from level one. Burying good game features behind a perk is rather annoying.

I want it for every battle right from level one. Burying good game features behind a perk is rather annoying.
Agreed considering how fast paced battles are I don't understand why it's like this. If battles were slower paced I could maybe understand why but when small battles are over in less than a minute and big battles 5-10 minutes at most it makes no sense.

If they are having issues of a technical nature implementing this, at least array the formations deeper rather than wider. A lot of the maps simply are not designed with enough frontage to support an army of even 250, let alone the possibility of 1000 troops arrayed in linear formations.
This please

We have something in the works for battles that is similar to the siege deployment phase that is currently in-game. I'm not sure when it will be ready though.
Two more months have gone by!
We have new annoying UI to rush commands through every single battle so our units don't die with their thumbs....
But not way to put them where we want before battle or to save formation arrangement or even keep them in an arrangement when we order them to move to a location....
PLEASE! Need more control!

Two more months have gone by!
We have new annoying UI to rush commands through every single battle so our units don't die with their thumbs....
But not way to put them where we want before battle or to save formation arrangement or even keep them in an arrangement when we order them to move to a location....
PLEASE! Need more control!
@Callum any updates on this? Because i highly support this feature.
Its a damn shame that even with highly trained soldiers and a leader that specializes in tactics our entire army is nothing more than a cluster**** at the start of each fight

We have something in the works for battles that is similar to the siege deployment phase that is currently in-game. I'm not sure when it will be ready though.

Great to hear!

One challenge right now with the siege deployment is that the troops will ignore their deployment formations and start running towards the walls right away.

I don't think you've read these last statements, I'll leave it here for you guys.

Dejan said:
[quoted ppl] please note that the perk and the perk description were there without functionality. It was removed from the perk tree as we don't believe a feature like that should be locked up behind a perk.

We will explore the idea as part of the "Order of Battle" feature instead.
(source)

It definitely will improve the combat, especially when fighting Khuzaits. You have 2 seconds to assess the terrain and move your men before their horse archers are on you.

Reinforcements were always a problem in M&B. Just when you are doing good, a huge pile of soldiers will spawn behind you, or you notice that all your own reinforcements are getting cav wrecked as they trickle in. It really hinders your movements in the game. The only solution I can think of is being able to set your own spawn points as you advance. But I'm not sure if that would work for the AI.

I also really hope we get this soon. And I also hope that the Ai commanders can also make use of this system to be able to put their troops in interesting and strategic formations that add variety and a tactical challenge for the player to face against on the battlefield.

I get mad about this every time I play a new campaign! I just want everyone to start on the back left of the map! I fight Khuzaits breakfast lunch and dinner, I don't want everyone always butt hanging out when the HA get there! Even better if we could be to the back left with infantry in SW front of archers, in front of HA with Cav on fallow me! Who thought it was okay to spread the troops out so much? Why are the HA so far away to the right? I hate it so much.

My biggest issues for the current setup for deployment is that:

1) at certain maps, my cavalry are destined to all jump off the lovers' leap that they were placed in and die a spectacular death.
2) at certain villages, all my group 5-8 troops would be placed right at the enemy, and they would either kill or died before I could even get there

I don't even need any fancy and complex custom arrangement setup. Just put the troop somewhere that they don't immediately die. I am happy to order them into the right place.

Perks that don't work right.
I laugh at people priding themselves of not using cheats to get a perk. Only to find out it doesn't even work. ?

This has edged ahead of all the other issues as most annoying and frustrating in the game. I just want my men to start the battle in a particular arrangement in a particular part of the map. I always forget why it so much better to just use 1 troop type, since the devs think it's okay to have the different formation start all *** out looking into space and you have to scramble to press 100 buttons to make them not immediately get shot to death. EVERY SINGLE BATTLE!

I want so much to be able to arrange and save a few set ups and choose 1 and place it at the start of battle. It seems so little to ask.
I was excited that I could save the other type of formation, but then I remembered why it sucks to use too many different ones anyways, because they get dumped all over the field like heaps of garbage.

Wow. It's been 5 months already. While we're still working on this, could we make it such that mounted leaders, auto dismount when they're leading foot soldiers? Or stay mounted but behind their formation? Makes no sense that they'd just go charging into the fray by themselves.

Back
Top Bottom