I really enjoy the early game and find my self making excuses to start new games.

Users who are viewing this thread

I do the same thing in warband too. I do almost the same stuff every time but it doesn't work out the same which is interesting.
Part of it is of course I was appalled by behavior of my vassal when I made a real kingdom, so don't want to do that until more stuff is added. And I did a kill em all play through before, which I enjoyed but once was enough. I think I like the challenge of getting control of a town and the power to .... overpower factions and trying to further streamline it and out do my abuse of the AI.

I just love the feeling of the first looter encounter on a fresh char. I wish there was deserter like in warband. You always see some at the spawn and.... .do you feel lucky? Can you take em out with just your hunting crossbow? Sometimes....

Me too. I must have started over 10 times last week on an total obsession run. I finally usurped the ruler of the Sturgians by basically bribing all the lords until my reputation was sky-high, but then half of those f*ckers left to form their own principalities almost immediately, three neighboring empires declared war on me within days, and then I had a bloody month of fighting until I literally only had one clan as a vassal and like 4 castles. I had a bunch of allies, but we all know how fragile those relationships are. Totally a blast, but I kept wondering how I'd screwed it up to have everyone bail on me. This time I'm going to try and marry into the family before I try and take over :smile:

Yep, I have the same feeling, I really like early game. I have been thinking about It and the reasons behind this:

- Game becomes pretty easy once we get a strong army with tons of archers. Archers are pretty OP and we simply can defeat stronger armies while losing 3-5 men.
- While passive income has been overnerfed a bit, It is still easy to get tons of money defeating lords. I am still getting millions just defeating and selling loot.
- Snowballing, this is the main reason because I restart my campaigns. Snowballing makes most of campaigns pointless and not appealing at all to continue playing them.

Yeah, I like the early- and mid-game, just being a merc or a low-level vassal, trying not to wipe because it hurts so much more when you have no garrison to draw from.

Back
Top Bottom