• Yes

Votes: 90 82.6%
  • No

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Not sure would like to see when ive used the new one for a while

Votes: 15 13.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

The UI is scalable. I'm just giving feedback, I'm not saying "this is the way it should be"... I'm just giving my opinion in a visual way.
I personally will always opt for the lateral vertical version, however one thing I am clear about is that anything that occupies my field of vision, no matter how briefly, I don't want it like a stain in the middle of the screen.
but it only appears when you're giving a command... anyway, there should be an option to hide the UI either way. And you definitely would use that and that's fine. As for the "single button press", instead of F4 you now press F3 -> F2 which is quite easy as well. I would suggest making the command system configurable/rebindable so that everyone is happy. For example I would probably never use the skein/column formations, why can't I just unbind them... I use such few commands that if I could configure them to simple one-press buttons like press F1 for hold position (by holding the button down and a quick press is charge), F2 is shield wall, press F2 again to take default formation (line formation)... then F3 could be loose formation, and F4 hold fire/resume fire... it can be made so simple, those are just some ideas (maybe the thing with hold the button down isn't that good). I think we could be given lots of options to make the system really good. And also simply give options between center and the side, let players choose if anything.. but I truly think that if they had a "Hide UI" option + reconfigurable commands then everyone would be happy, but I don't know. The more options the better

There are commands like "retreat, fall back, stop".... what even are those... my little circle thing could have only 4 commands and I'd have all I needed. I will never press F9 etc for a command. Can literally remove so much, just let me rebind/unbind commands... And if I ever want to try them out I will just bind them to F1 to F4. I won't move my hand all the way on the other side of the keyboard to use a command.

Last edited:
JPz68.jpg

For me the camera has to be centred; here I am very conservative. With a pronounced angle or less, that's the least of it; but it should be centred in the M&B style. It is true that moving the radial menu to the side would be a fairly simple way of tackling the problem. A cake-cutting style (totally flexible and adaptable) I think would go more in line with the side bar style for the keyboard vertical menu... I feel that above the HP bar would be a good place leaving the left side free for reports and the whole central part for troop displays (top) and flag positioning actions.

I don't know... just another idea to brainstorm pool. ?

Like that setup for sure...And will be lesser in the way of the view when you´re trying to set up long range orders

Adding an option just to set the opacity value of the background of the order set seems, unproductive. I made a prototype of this that I mentioned:

I'll look at other possible versions of this.

Since other pepole are giving their suggestions I thought I'd drop mine as well, seems like a simple fix, unless there's something terribly wrong with it that I'm not seeing. Also the left and right options should be closer to the middle to take up less space, but I measured it by eye. (excuse the horrible GIMP skills, but you should see the general idea)

27x1Y.jpg

I play with a controller and much prefer the old version.
I thought you said you play with a controller but give orders on the keyboard, am I mistaken?

@redmark I read your feedback about the new system. Looks like your gripes are mostly about the formation selection. While I was implementing this feature I tested it multiple times but with a merge from the development branch looks like the input system broke. But that's no excuse, these bugs will be addressed with a hotfix. I look forward to your feedback after these fixes.

@Revverie When I joined TW, no one asked me to interact in forums. That's only the job of the community team. Every one else is doing it as a personal choice. So no it's not my job to answer you. I participate in the forums because I like what I do and I like interacting with the community. Before I was a developer I wished developers of the games I liked, interacted more. That's what I'm doing. I love the community, and their suggestions. We had many, many additions to the game thanks to fan interaction. I wish you would be more civil here though, saying this as a fellow forum user and not a developer.

For others, your comments are definitely being read and taken into consideration. I personally really like this back and forth because this will only lead to a better experience. You'll see this with each update. Keep them coming!

I thought you said you play with a controller but give orders on the keyboard, am I mistaken?

@redmark I read your feedback about the new system. Looks like your gripes are mostly about the formation selection. While I was implementing this feature I tested it multiple times but with a merge from the development branch looks like the input system broke. But that's no excuse, these bugs will be addressed with a hotfix. I look forward to your feedback after these fixes.

@Revverie When I joined TW, no one asked me to interact in forums. That's only the job of the community team. Every one else is doing it as a personal choice. So no it's not my job to answer you. I participate in the forums because I like what I do and I like interacting with the community. Before I was a developer I wished developers of the games I liked, interacted more. That's what I'm doing. I love the community, and their suggestions. We had many, many additions to the game thanks to fan interaction. I wish you would be more civil here though, saying this as a fellow forum user and not a developer.

For others, your comments are definitely being read and taken into consideration. I personally really like this back and forth because this will only lead to a better experience. You'll see this with each update. Keep them coming!

I play with a controller, but have always used a keyboard for troop commands, just how I have always played Mount and Blade. Thanks for your time.

wasn't loose formation F3 and F3 in old system, Now it is F2 and F3 so some of the commands have changed, that was my biggest problem with it, we learned these commands for so long and they are implanted in our heads and now I am still from time to time accidentally using old commands and mess up starting battles

wasn't loose formation F3 and F3 in old system, Now it is F2 and F3 so some of the commands have changed, that was my biggest problem with it, we learned these commands for so long and they are implanted in our heads and now I am still from time to time accidentally using old commands and mess up starting battles
I already memorized the new ones so for me going back won't be an option

Thanks :smile: Yes, the broken inputs make it difficult to play normally to get used to the new system, so I'll see how it plays after those and update feedback.

Huh, it's not a developer job to adress the problem in their game? If Taleworlds sends them to communicate about it or not is another deal, I don't care about that. I'm still not going to suck their dicks, if callum doesn't want to do his job and let others do it it's not my problem, these things need to be addressed nonetheless, and please remind me I'm not being stolen when the multiplayer they sold isn't available for everyone except for a few privileged ones. If TW will remain silent about the issues I care about I do feel stolen, so yeah.
Yes it sucks that you haven't gotten an answer about SA servers, but that has nothing to do with this thread. TW communication in general sucks, but I'd say we've gotten good answers from devs in this thread. Your starting to derail this thread, because of you have an axe to grind about something else.

I have a question I know it doesn't directly have to do with UI but I'm not sure who to post it to so I'll ask you. Is there anyway to get rid of the animations when we give commands for formations? I've taken far too many hits in battle because of this because my character will drop his shield while doing it.

E7QOTZd.jpeg

I'm having an OCD attack...why isn't it even centered?
:cautious:
Anyway... as a complementary menu for advanced orders, as I commented here (Sprinkling the strategy: Advanced tactics with radial menu); Yes. To replace the classic menu "just for the sake of it" with this radial smear; absolutely not. This should be a configurable option in the settings menu and associated with the gamepad usage.
I don't buy it...
Wow the game looks gorgeous in your screenshot, is it cranked up to ultra high? ?

As someone who plays in first person, it's very distracting and in your face compared to the old one.

Me too. As a PC user, the radial menus feel less organized to me. The old menu was much easier to read and use. I get that they added it for console users, but not everybody uses consoles, so the old menus should be an option.

i know its just been added and is likley to get changed and I get why they added it (for gamepads) but i also feel there are some people like me who liked the old style system better

could an option not be added in the settings to use the old sytem or if you have a gamepad use the new one sine it just feels clunky to me on the new one while the older one things like only pressing f4 to hold fire instead of f3 f2 or delegate command was just f6 now is 2 buttons
the new system is objectively worse. the things on f1 and f2 function the same but the problem comes in when you get to f3. all the things on f3 are now locked behind and extra button press now. Furthermore you now have to go into the f3 menu to see whether each group is on hold fire or not but worst of all is what they did to turn direction. It now functions as both turn direction and face enemy which is a huge problem because to tell a group to turn again you now have to go through 4 button presses instead of just telling them once like in the old system. Another really bad aspect of this is that you can no longer see the flags on the ground when you select the option a second time which makes it a pain trying to not cross over groups.

The new system is worse in every way. The only reason i could see for changing it would be too add more commands on f4+ but they didn't do that. Not even gonna talk about how it changes the muscle memory for commands.

Since this is a relevant topic, I'll post some more ideas here.
For connection to the character and scene a UI like you see in Detroit become human or the division 2 (where it looks like it's part of the scene and not just an overlay)
96d912b10b93e59f510d21b5cdf0d912.jpg
933862-detroit-become-human-playstation-4-screenshot-pausing-the.jpg
malik-rahili-malik-portfolio-3-report.jpg
87b17cec3350e8ddf8196d3666251fa6.jpg
c28989bdcec627d5c2c36b05ca752d20.gif

You could have some UI art personalization according to the culture (this could apply to all UI, not just this)
Some more:
c317a244602c6cb8e4e5431cb028eb8a.jpg
b2a65188b489b10a33a75957e3ab351f.jpg
0ead414883d99d81646833a400ca67b7.jpg

8a38dd75872e136e5d753eca87843123.jpg
48cc30cb2c022fa48a3e5c57737a40c9.jpg
dmAaD.jpg
b14a6d57cb0fdbba8e9a962ded04a74f.jpg

0f3946774dda63583e58f9b33bea4e0b.jpg
c542d3c0c26b338b220a23f989525c42.jpg
e9614f433b081ff1b11a4c5e4ec5988e.png
3df07bb41a677588c061374c0af5d3f8.jpg

d397f75a4f83a7f14072c41910e21716.jpg
b3b0060185b8d961a1e2ddb7b03d14b7.jpg
png-clipart-coloring-book-mandala-sacred-geometry-merkabah-mysticism-geometric-shape-sacred-geometry-angle-symmetry.png
abstract-composition-sun-moon-orbits-600w-1194153976.jpg
fdceadc28c4057f7a475a6bacd75925a.jpg
4047e98fdc741eb775c6f7c7ffeef611.jpg
abstract-design-background-shape-pattern-600w-2909079.jpg

657927ee7d99e51caa077faf561c5109.jpg
9f93d0da4aa0cef9d863c5ef1eda1427.jpg
abf48531cdcc2fa7b1b1b6528f97b6a1.jpg
0a02a51c1c292ac7c19ddd756b01ad8b.jpg

And MORE:
anca-albu-artstation-02.jpg
fernando-forero-29-w3-radial-menu-copy.jpg
99d9541a464806e61b9a6b054ef6c36c.jpg