I need help

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello. Please help me, guys.

The game always resets the settings. Every time I launch the game, I have to start from default, change the graphics, keyboard and so on.

Talesword customer support didn't answer me. I have been searching through forums and youtube and everywhere. Please offer me a solution.

AltF4 doesn't help.

First thing I would do is to go and check your documents folder and see if you got the Mount and Blade II Bannerlord settings folder there (as it should be) see if you have read/write rights to it.
If its write protected or if you got insufficient windows rights then that could be the cause

If you have an anti-virus program, try checking to see if it is blocking the game from modifying files. I had this issue in Beta.

Well, two options:
1. Make all of the .exe files in /bin/win64 whatever folder launched as admin
2. check permissions/ownership of the /documents/bannerlord saved games folder - set it to as low as possible, remove read-only, etc.

obviously the game does not have enough rights to overwrite the config.

Well, two options:
1. Make all of the .exe files in /bin/win64 whatever folder launched as admin
2. check permissions/ownership of the /documents/bannerlord saved games folder - set it to as low as possible, remove read-only, etc.

obviously the game does not have enough rights to overwrite the config.

I did the first step only, because I didn't figure out how to do the second step. Can you please help?

I did the first step only, because I didn't figure out how to do the second step. Can you please help?
Should have been enough. Where is the game installed? As for permissions - right click on the bannerlord folder in your documents and uncheck the read only box. It should ask if you want to do this for all containing folders so click yes. If not do it manually.

Should have been enough. Where is the game installed? As for permissions - right click on the bannerlord folder in your documents and uncheck the read only box. It should ask if you want to do this for all containing folders so click yes. If not do it manually.

New Volume D:steam>steamapps>common>Mount and Blade Bannerlord

I did it all, did't help :sad:

New Volume D:steam>steamapps>common>Mount and Blade Bannerlord

I did it all, did't help :sad:
Not where the game is, but where the save files/configs are:
C:\Users\{{your username}}\{{documents folder}}\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\
configs are placed in a folder called Configs inside that folder, so everything inside should not be read only, or at least not read only to the MB client.

Not where the game is, but where the save files/configs are:
C:\Users\{{your username}}\{{documents folder}}\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\
configs are placed in a folder called Configs inside that folder, so everything inside should not be read only, or at least not read only to the MB client.

C:Users>username>documents folder is empty.

There is a "mound and blade" folder in This PC>documents

I am removing "read only" from "documents", then clicking "ok", but then I look and it's still "read" only. It brings back to default
Mine behaves like that too, though I have permission to write in these folders and can change my config. I admit I don't understand Windows behaviour in this area!

I presume you can save games? If so then the overall permissions on the Bannerlord folder are probably okay. If there's a problem it's in the configs sub-folder. Make a copy of that for safety, if you like, then try editing BannerlordConfig.txt with a text editor, add a space at the end, see if you can save the file. If not, you have a permission problem and you'll need to solve it (sorry I'm from a Unix background and my Windows knowledge is sketchy). If you can save, delete the space and re-save, or restore your backup from earlier.

Other things you could try:

- look at the Modified dates on the config files, that will tell you if the game is actually writing to them.

- if you can edit the config files with a text editor, make the changes you want that way. In fact, make a small valid change and see if Bannerlord overwrites it with the defaults next time you start up.

- delete the whole configs folder (back it up first) and create a new empty one. Or see if Bannelord creates a new working one.

- explore the Windows events log for any errors or warnings that happen when you start up or shut down Bannerlord (just type "events" in the Windows search bar).

- reinstall the game

- any information you get, pass it to the developers.

Last edited:
Mine behaves like that too, though I have permission to write in these folders and can change my config. I admit I don't understand Windows behaviour in this area!

I presume you can save games? If so then the overall permissions on the Bannerlord folder are probably okay. If there's a problem it's in the configs sub-folder. Make a copy of that for safety, if you like, then try editing BannerlordConfig.txt with a text editor, add a space at the end, see if you can save the file. If not, you have a permission problem and you'll need to solve it (sorry I'm from a Unix background and my Windows knowledge is sketchy). If you can save, delete the space and re-save, or restore your backup from earlier.

Other things you could try:

- look at the Modified dates on the config files, that will tell you if the game is actually writing to them.

- if you can edit the config files with a text editor, make the changes you want that way. In fact, make a small valid change and see if Bannerlord overwrites it with the defaults next time you start up.

- delete the whole configs folder (back it up first) and create a new empty one. Or see if Bannelord creates a new working one.

- explore the Windows events log for any errors or warnings that happen when you start up or shut down Bannerlord (just type "events" in the Windows search bar).

- reinstall the game

- any information you get, pass it to the developers.

On configs folder I have only file called launcher data. nothing else

Back
Top Bottom