I need help with installing Bannerlord mods from Nexus

Users who are viewing this thread

I made an account here just for this. I am someone who can never mod a god damn thing because something always goes wrong, modding Bannerlord seemed absolutely fool proof from the YouTube videos. So I manually downloaded creditable top tier mods from Nexus, unzipped them, dragged the extracted file into my modules folder, fired up the launcher, turned the mods on, sat on the loading screen for a minute just for it to say "The game has run into a problem would you like to send a crash report?" or whatever. I tried and failed enabling different mods at different times to see what might work and what might not, now it only launches when I don't have mods enabled. I reinstalled the game, checked file integrity twice, installed a new mod to see if that would change anything but nope...

Can someone please come to my rescue? I need help

game is currently in EA, which means patches and patches every day or two. That can easily break mods.

you need to check each mod description and/or comments (posts) to see if they are working with the current version, and just install/use those.

try to use less mods for now, only essential ones for you, to make this easier.

you can also look for download managers to help you, like the one that Nexus has.

game should be more stable in a few months, which will make easier to use mods. And once the devs release the modding tools, those new mods will be less likely to break.

Upvote 0
One tip is to go and unblock the files. Go to the folder you extracted and right click -> properties and there should be a checkbox labelled "Unblock" towards the bottom. Check that box on all the files where there is one and try again.

Upvote 0
One tip is to go and unblock the files. Go to the folder you extracted and right click -> properties and there should be a checkbox labelled "Unblock" towards the bottom. Check that box on all the files where there is one and try again.
Thanks I can't seem to find anything that says unblock in properties, is it the read-only box or something else?

Upvote 0
game is currently in EA, which means patches and patches every day or two. That can easily break mods.

you need to check each mod description and/or comments (posts) to see if they are working with the current version, and just install/use those.

try to use less mods for now, only essential ones for you, to make this easier.

you can also look for download managers to help you, like the one that Nexus has.

game should be more stable in a few months, which will make easier to use mods. And once the devs release the modding tools, those new mods will be less likely to break.
Ya I know I should probably just be patient and wait for Bannerlord to come out with more updates but some of the bugs and stuff just really "bug" me and therefore I turn to mods to try and fix them. Also some of the mods bring in properties that look really dope. I tried using the nexus manager Vortex (when I mod I use the steam workshop because its so much easier) but it doesn't recognize mount and blade bannerlord for some reason. Anyway, thanks for the help regardless.

Upvote 0
In addition, you'll need to adjust mod load order on each start up if any have dependencies.

For example, I have Firelord, which requires ModLib. So, first, I had to manually find and install ModLib, and now, every time I launch I have to go to the mod list and drag ModLib to be above Firelord in the load order.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom