I need help in making a map.

Users who are viewing this thread

Slytacular

Sergeant Knight
I am currently in the process of creating a PW map.

Why are map makers not able to test out their own maps? Like join a faction or become a class? After linking a portal door to another portal door, how come I can not access it? I don't understand how the castle signs work? I also do not understand how fishing works either? When I make a build-able wall spot, does it work like how the belfries work- by placing the finished result first? I also have problems in comprehending what to type in the variables for certain objects?

And does anybody who have created a PW map have TS3 (or Ventrilo) that I can speak too? I have a pretty cool map idea and I want to be able to share it. I have problems understanding some of the content.

I am currently creating a labyrinth and I'll post pictures of it and the rest of the map I've come up with..

you need to host it on a dedicated server for the pw features - pretty much everything.

http://www.taleworlds.com/

go to the download page. get the dedicated server files.

xombie5 said:
http://www.taleworlds.com/

go to the download page. get the dedicated server files.
Or if you can't be bothered with downloading 90 MB and setting up the configuration yourself, download the 1.5 MB package from the PW download section that is already set up correctly.

You should also carefully read the first post in the stickied scene making guide, then read through both information windows in PW edit scene mode; most information you need for making a scene is there, in a concise form.

Vornne said:
You should also carefully read the first post in the stickied scene making guide, then read through both information windows in PW edit scene mode; most information you need for making a scene is there, in a concise form.

I did. But I don't quite understand what some of the material is saying though. In order for me to grasp some of the information shown, I need somebody to hold my hand. Or give me examples and/or pictures.

Hey Dom, I've checked out your thread.

lerty37 said:
i here you. i have problems saving maps on native such as when i exit the game my map is gone! so if any knows how to save a map that would be great:smile:

You need to move the designated .sco file from the Native SceneObj folder into PW's SceneObj folder, located in their module folders.

lerty37 said:
i have problems saving maps on native such as when i exit the game my map is gone! so if any knows how to save a map that would be great:smile:
I think the actual problem you are having there is that the user you run warband with doesn't have permission to write to the scenes directory: you either need to add that permission for your user to "Mount&Blade Warband/Modules/PW_4_beta2/SceneObj/" or run the game as administrator when editing scenes.

Splintert said:
Surely it has permissions to write somewhere that it installed something to?
Depends on how windows is set up - if it gave a prompt something like "Are you sure you want to allow this program to run" when installing warband, it would have installed as administrator with only read permissions for the "Program Files/Mount&Blade Warband" directory for your user account. My brother's computer is set up like this, and I remember this solution for similar problems from guide threads somewhere on this forum (my own system is totally different, being linux).
lerty37 said:
my problem is with native i know how to do pw but not native. :neutral:
PW and "Native" are both mods under the "Modules" subdirectory; you just need to set permissions for the "SceneObj" directory inside whichever module you want to edit scenes with.

so how would i do that?
Vornne said:
Splintert said:
Surely it has permissions to write somewhere that it installed something to?
Depends on how windows is set up - if it gave a prompt something like "Are you sure you want to allow this program to run" when installing warband, it would have installed as administrator with only read permissions for the "Program Files/Mount&Blade Warband" directory for your user account. My brother's computer is set up like this, and I remember this solution for similar problems from guide threads somewhere on this forum (my own system is totally different, being linux).
lerty37 said:
my problem is with native i know how to do pw but not native. :neutral:
PW and "Native" are both mods under the "Modules" subdirectory; you just need to set permissions for the "SceneObj" directory inside whichever module you want to edit scenes with.

Back
Top Bottom