I need a code for "fog of war" and trampling damage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Silver

Baron
As the topic says, I need a code to make some sort of fog of war, making towns invisible at the start of the game. Only becoming visible after you've been close to them, attempts made by me and friends only results in catastrophic chrashes, making us all go depressed. Does anyone know if it is possible, and how?

I also need a code for making horses damage everyone they run into, allied troops as well. Anyone has this, or knows how to make it?

The first one is easy.  Use a bunch of (disable_party) calls during the character creation menus to hide 'em; use a trigger with (try_for_parties) which checks if this party is a  town that's still undiscovered, (store_distance_to_party_from_party) to check if it's nearby (possibly including a call to (store_party_skill_level, skl_spotting) as part of your calculation of whether it's within range), and (enable_party) when it's been spotted.  I will point out, though, that using ths on towns implies that neither you nor anybody you talk to has ever heard of this invention called a "map". :wink:

The second one is only doable as an approximation at best, and doing even that would require serious coding skill.  Recommend you not get hung up on it unless it is, for some reason, absolutely critical to your mod.

That no one knows what a map is will not be a problem at all. I won't tell anything more, because this project is supposed to be secret. I will talk to my scripter and see if he understands more of that than I did. Thank you anyway. That way it can be done so that some cities are seen from the beginning and others are not, if I understand it correctly?

The horse thing is almost critical... I had hoped it would be easy, making them count as regular horses running around with no one on them or something. It will be discussed with the rest of the team.

Hellequin said:
The first one is easy.  Use a bunch of (disable_party) calls during the character creation menus to hide 'em; use a trigger with (try_for_parties) which checks if this party is a  town that's still undiscovered, (store_distance_to_party_from_party) to check if it's nearby (possibly including a call to (store_party_skill_level, skl_spotting) as part of your calculation of whether it's within range), and (enable_party) when it's been spotted.  I will point out, though, that using ths on towns implies that neither you nor anybody you talk to has ever heard of this invention called a "map". :wink:

If you do not mind about them disapearing again when you leave (I mean you never know, aliens could have gone and destroyed it while you were away... you have no way of knowing its still there) there is a somewhat easier solution:

• Open module parties.py
  • change the line pf_town = pf_is_static|pf_always_visible|pf_show_faction to pf_town = pf_is_static|pf_show_faction
  • Done

Of course if you want them to stay visible after discovery, you could combine the two (so they fade in nicely, then you switch it with an always visible one when you get closer).

Back
Top Bottom