I miss Bannerlord, want to start over....but only when smithing is fixed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Reften

Recruit
wow, really miss playing the game, got a dude, became leader of sturgia, got married, had 4 kids....kids got married, had some grandkids. Fought and won a lot (lost a bit too)....levelled up smithing, was fun making weapons, trying new things out.

Wasted money on Caravans (ok, fix that too), workshops kinda cool, helps with money, got castles and towns as fiefs, cool....managed their garrison so I wouldn't go broke. Managing money and protecting my kingdom was quite the balancing act....while still planning for future with kids etc.

Suddenly I smith an axe....for cheap resources, and go to sell for....$7k!? Ahhh, I can make like 20 of them?

Then make more...and more.

Suddenly, near unlimited money. Like, overnight. Completely ruined the game.

Has this been adjusted at all? Does diplomacy matter outsideo f your kingdom yet? Caravans fixed? More variety in equipment? Naa, just the smithing, that fixed? If not, i'll wait some more.

Great game, needs balancing. Not seeing anything new with smithing though.

I agree with you smithing makes the game unenjoyable.
They have to fix this! I honestly don't know why they haven't fixed it yet its a quite simple fix (reduce the selling price of smithing weapons buy 90%. From what i see there is already a reduction mechanic for smithing weapons in a game that means all they have to do is change the number, i don't know why they haven't done it yet) And after a few months if you find a better fix fantastic!

Also they need to fix the late game endless battle grind that makes battles feel meaningless. Winning or losing Big battles should be more impactful!

I agree with you smithing makes the game unenjoyable.
They have to fix this! I honestly don't know why they haven't fixed it yet its a quite simple fix (reduce the selling price of smithing weapons buy 90%. From what i see there is already a reduction mechanic for smithing weapons in a game that means all they have to do is change the number, i don't know why they haven't done it yet) And after a few months if you find a better fix fantastic!

Also they need to fix the late game endless battle grind that makes battles feel meaningless. Winning or losing Big battles should be more impactful!
Yeah I'm kinda am mad I used this to create so much cash....I may restart and just not do smithing at all (will save me pts to spend on...something I guess), but hate nerfing myself.

Honestly, with the order system which gives you “jobs” to make money off crafting, they can put like an 80% penalty to sell price on the crafting items now. If someone isn’t asking for it, it could be treated as overage.

Item prices scale harshly to prevent clan tier 0-1 being fitted out with all the best stuff. It makes sense to attempt to save this for a 2+ clan when you have 3+ shops, a trade caravan or two and your own castle somewhere all bringing money into your coffers. But when the player can make similar tiered items from materials that cost 1-3% of what you are selling it for, it becomes an unbalanced money maker.

The heart of any game that offers “choice” needs to offer legitimate choice, not just the illusion of choice. Caravans and shops take a large up front investment, take 2-5 in game months to make your money back (while admitted off setting party costs so allowing you easier access to go on campaign) but can also be lost if destroyed/your town is lost. They marginal personal growth benefit at that.

Meanwhile, Blacksmithing is associated with a pair of categories (Riding and Athletics) that are often already going to get overarching investment (Endurance) which then can pay you back with stat points in other areas. It’s an additional XP source that would go to waste if not at least smelt garbage weapons and making charcoal. Then on top of assisting with your level-ups with return on investment for your stats, it has MASSIVE return on investment for money.

So, absolutely, Blacksmithing at its strongest presented an “illusion of choice” situation, as all non-smithing characters were trash peons in comparison.

Where it is now is hard for me to say. It seems to have gotten better, but not 100% sure it’s been tuned enough.

Since my first game play I never entered in a smith, we can get sonner or later a good sword or axe, if they made a mechanism to improve a current weapon it could be useful and attractive, but build a normal sword or cheat with javelins is a waste if time.

Yeah I'm kinda am mad I used this to create so much cash....I may restart and just not do smithing at all (will save me pts to spend on...something I guess), but hate nerfing myself.
I feel you brother. Same thing happen to me too.

Yeah that is more 60k+, it is so funny watching Youtubers with 5M thinking they actually accomplished something when all they did was craft 70-80 high difficulty two handed swords. Smithing breaks the economy and it sucks.

Smithing is a total sham. You get plenty of money to do ANYTHING just progressing the game normally. And if you ever can't you are learning a valuable lesson in how to play the game, you messed up and you need to learn. Custom weapons are not needed or better then store bought ones. "Oh but you get +2 woopty-doos" He dead either way. Perks that give Attributes or FP in skills that don't do anything are a trap. "Oh boy I can invest in more endurance to get a perk for 1 more endurance, oh wow that's so good! It feels like I got something but I go nothing!"

Yeah that is more 60k+, it is so funny watching Youtubers with 5M thinking they actually accomplished something when all they did was craft 70-80 high difficulty two handed swords. Smithing breaks the economy and it sucks.
Makes me miss snowballing. I think TW needs to introduce some type of pressure to off set sitting around doing dum stuff like smithing. Oh look you wasted too much time doing dum repetitive things, now the maps all ****ed up, you're games ****ed up, you ****ed up, you lose, dark knight invasion, Nords dancing on the tables, Orcs eating all the sheep, you were too slow! THE END

Makes me miss snowballing. I think TW needs to introduce some type of pressure to off set sitting around doing dum stuff like smithing. Oh look you wasted too much time doing dum repetitive things, now the maps all ****ed up, you're games ****ed up, you ****ed up, you lose, dark knight invasion, Nords dancing on the tables, Orcs eating all the sheep, you were too slow! THE END
I agree, that's why I would absolutely love some kind of mid-game off-map invasion that spawns hordes and doesn't stop until it's defeated, while creating a new kingdom from the conquered fiefs, and an even harder late-game invasion/crisis, like a civil war, or a plague, or a far stronger invasion from overseas. Imagine something like Barclay in Prophesy of Pendor, invading spanish-like conquistadores with early arquebuses. It would be amazing. And you'd have agency, too. You can ignore it and see what happens (and probably die) take action and fight, backstab your neighbors as they're defending from the invasion, join the invaders and be executed on capture by any lord of Calradia except the invaders'. Endless possibilities!

I agree, that's why I would absolutely love some kind of mid-game off-map invasion that spawns hordes and doesn't stop until it's defeated, while creating a new kingdom from the conquered fiefs, and an even harder late-game invasion/crisis, like a civil war, or a plague, or a far stronger invasion from overseas. Imagine something like Barclay in Prophesy of Pendor, invading spanish-like conquistadores with early arquebuses. It would be amazing. And you'd have agency, too. You can ignore it and see what happens (and probably die) take action and fight, backstab your neighbors as they're defending from the invasion, join the invaders and be executed on capture by any lord of Calradia except the invaders'. Endless possibilities!
Hey, come on now, don't be crazy. That sounds like fun, we can't have fun things in this game.

Back
Top Bottom