I like going one-handed despite its many weaknesses

Users who are viewing this thread

On foot, you have a great advantage over anything that the enemy throws at you, because you're able to carry a shield.
In formation, you're unstoppable, if you're a good general. No cavalry or archer is going to go through your girthy defense.
But the moment you decide to grab a horse, that's your downfall. That's the thing.
Lack of response;
damage-wise, when you swing your sword.
Useless; when the enemy decides to just kill your horse which is a bigger and easier target.
Size matters; the lenght of the sword plays a huge role on horse, that's why long menavlions are great (the insane damage also helps).
A pain to wait and in the end nothing; when you're swinging the sword and you think it's going to hit but you fail miserably.

However, a good one-handed player will always be superior because the shield will always give him invunerability, if he so pleases.

I also practice one-handed swordplay IRL, maybe that's why I'm such a fan of it on Bannerlord.
Great job btw devs, loving the game so far.

Last edited:
Dude spears do better damage without the shield. Feels way better. Depending on stance of course. Blocking without shield is only a little harder

I'm surprised other people are complimenting spears now. During sieges, take a spear up a ladder and watch how many enemies you can kill. You can usually 1 or 2 shot most enemies at a distance as well.

I like the idea of being a 2h sword player with bow, but I usually go with cav and get wrecked lol. Maybe I should try being in the infantry and see some chaos?

Long Glaive only. Don't get off horse in open battle ever.
Siege take 3 stacks of arrows, hide army in safety, ride horse through the breach and kill entire garrison yourself if you can find their arrow refills.
I was getting pretty high athletics just from that since the horse can't go up all the stairs.

I like going one handed too.... but usually only once a day.

On a more serious note..... yeah I agree with you, I always feel like massive long bladed weapons lack finesse. Plus I like to carry a shield.

Back
Top Bottom