I like Bowmen but where i get it ????

Users who are viewing this thread

Shadow4495 said:
Question see up  :mrgreen:

One problem with training bowmen is you get higher level recruits in towns and castles and in any village you have good relations with. You need the lowest level recruit to train them to be bowmen.

Norse Freedmen (Leysingja) train to be the best archers, though they are pagan so if you are Christian they may cause morale problems. You can train them to Warrior Archers (Heimthegi) which have good bow  skills along with armor and shields. most survivable unit in game.

Next best are Saxon Peasant (Gebur) and Angle Peasant (Gebur), both are pretty equal as basic bowmen but neither is likely to give you many kills.

Briton, Scot & Irish units do not train to be bowmen their skirmishers are mostly slingers. (Though higher level Briton ones will have a few bows). Slingers can actually be more effective, but there seems to be a bug with the high end Fustibalus which keeps it from firing. Frisian (Fresen) cannot be trained to bowmen.

You need to be level 13 to train bowmen with trainer skill. If you upgrade your refuge and higher a trainer you have the option to have him train the last unit in your list. You will get about 8 a week if you put Norse, Saxon or Angle recruits there. EDIT: there is a problem using refuge as you cannot choose upgrade, works for Norse Warrior Archers from Gesta (sp) basic bowmen.

Women can also be trained to be archers, but after so many steeps I have not made one yet. You can recruit women at monasteries if you are Christian. EDIT: trained some, they are good at range but must avoid melee at all costs.

Back
Top Bottom