I know this is silly, but.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Does anyone miss a button or hotkey for the Thrust attacks? ????

Or it's just me getting used too much open world rpg, that has button for every type of attack you can get

Oh no I get it, what I want is to turn-off certain attacks (chain attacks) or lock just one swing direction, like say you swing and press middle mouse to lock in that direction, then you can just keep attacking, say right to left (or stab, overhead...) until you unlock it. I HATE the chain attacks, I hate them so much! I have to constantly right click to stop it from going in to a stupid useless attack so I can swing the direction I want. "Hey magical ****-up fairly, I really like the simple, consistent combat controls of warband, it's strait forward but has depth and rewards mastering it." "oh well I guess I better **** it up tee-hee"?‍♂️

Oh no I get it, what I want is to turn-off certain attacks (chain attacks) or lock just one swing direction, like say you swing and press middle mouse to lock in that direction, then you can just keep attacking, say right to left (or stab, overhead...) until you unlock it. I HATE the chain attacks, I hate them so much! I have to constantly right click to stop it from going in to a stupid useless attack so I can swing the direction I want. "Hey magical ****-up fairly, I really like the simple, consistent combat controls of warband, it's strait forward but has depth and rewards mastering it." "oh well I guess I better **** it up tee-hee"?‍♂️
I know, my favorite type of weapon is the sword and I usually goes for the ones short and have good thrust attacks, they're excellent on sieges and shield walls, if you know how to fight close combat on Bannerlord. So instead of moving mouse back i'd love get a hotkey for the thrust attack, then the normal attack would be the left mouse button and defense the same one, the right.

Another thing I miss a lot too is the bastard swords, I haven't seen any one hand/two hand, I'd like get the Justicier or the Vandia sword you get when join the kingdom, I'd like make them bastard swords to hold on the two styles.

Or if anyone know how craft them, the pieces needed, I appreciate letting me know so i can forge the one hand variant.

Whats silly about that? Wow! Bannerlord still has the same f..... up controls like Warband? Recently had a discussion about that. here my thoughts:

In Warband, thrusting is like a kind of trap, there is not a single sword where thrusting is not disadvantageous. You often fight more with the controls than with the enemies.
You could change the key mapping for thrust to CTRL + Ö and this would still be an improvement.

With a "Backstabber Longsword" from my mod on the other hand, it's the other way around, thrusting has more damage.... and to slash makes little sense, so you have to thrust permanently.
I really tried to deal with this sword and adapt to this crude control, where the result was clear from the beginning.... it doesn't work.
Even with good controls, stabbing is hard enough. However, since the blade is thin you can attack faster. I would have liked to make such weapons usable.

How do I actually get to the middle mouse button? Maybe there are games in which you don't confuse these keys all the time, e.g. Kingdom Come...
I doubt that anyone likes to get slaughtered because they confused thrusting with slashing from above. It was just a bad decision from the beginning.

Whats silly about that? Wow! Bannerlord still has the same f..... up controls like Warband? Recently had a discussion about that. here my thoughts:

In Warband, thrusting is like a kind of trap, there is not a single sword where thrusting is not disadvantageous. You often fight more with the controls than with the enemies.
You could change the key mapping for thrust to CTRL + Ö and this would still be an improvement.

With a "Backstabber Longsword" from my mod on the other hand, it's the other way around, thrusting has more damage.... and to slash makes little sense, so you have to thrust permanently.
I really tried to deal with this sword and adapt to this crude control, where the result was clear from the beginning.... it doesn't work.
Even with good controls, stabbing is hard enough. However, since the blade is thin you can attack faster. I would have liked to make such weapons usable.

How do I actually get to the middle mouse button? Maybe there are games in which you don't confuse these keys all the time, e.g. Kingdom Come...
I doubt that anyone likes to get slaughtered because they confused thrusting with slashing from above. It was just a bad decision from the begin
It's such smal thing, but i'd like to get a option for hotkey for "thrusts" attacks at least for few weapons, spears and pikes and lances the thrust would still be the normal attack

Back
Top Bottom