I knew this was coming, but is there any solution? [WON]

Users who are viewing this thread

@Ethik Mantis

Hm, It would definitely feel weird to play somebody else's character, not knowing his playstyle or his playing history, but then again, that might be the charm :smile:  We could compare our outcomes. :grin:

Tell me, but only if  it's not too bothersome, what mods are you using?

p.s. Despite my profile stating "Rhodok" I usually tend to side with the Nords, and like to think my vanilla character has Nordic origins :grin:

YourStepDad said:
@Ethik Mantis

Hm, It would definitely feel weird to play somebody else's character, not knowing his playstyle or his playing history, but then again, that might be the charm :smile:  We could compare our outcomes. :grin:

p.s. Despite my profile stating "Rhodok" I usually tend to side with the Nords, and like to think my vanilla character has Nordic origins :grin:

If you want i have no probs at all. I can send you the save game if you're up to it. Let me take you back to Jarl Celian's origins. (Yeah he's called Celian).

Celian has always been someone in my own head, which means that Celian is already a complex persona. He's fiercly loyal to King Ragnar and he believes in the power of justice, world balance and protecting his family and his closest friends. He can't stand betrayal, which means that everytime someone turns khergit, Jarl Celian goes looking for that traitor. His father-in-law is Jarl Reamald, and Celian is highly loyal to him too. He's probably the only one that Celian actually bothers to save from being held at a castle/town.
Although Celian was at first a freelancer warrior, he was always helping the nords, like villagers, caravans, town masters, lords, the king, etc. Until one day he actually got invited to be a part of this awesome kingdom. He became a lord, and a few months later, after doing so much for the nords, he got his first invitation to become the marshall, and so he did, he fought, and fought, and defended, and fought again. He led the nords to victory against the swadians, the sarranids, the vaegirs and the rhodoks. (This doesn't mean that the nords did all the work, the khergits have always been a strong force in calradia) Now, the final battle has started, 10 rounds of war have already passed, now the khergits and the nords are in round 11. Everytime there is an election for the marshalship, Jarl Celian get's invited, but he always refuses (since the final battle) because he has a lot to do for himself, like take care of his wife, Lady Thera, take care of his fiefs, Wercheg, Yalen, Khudan, Praven, Chalbek Castle, Fearichen (which is his favourite fief) and odasan. Celian, carries an 'army' of 160 men, vaegir and swadian knights, mercenary cavalry, mamlukes, khergit lancers, all mounted units. It seems like having an army like this is the only way to get out always on top of the battles.

I'm sure i could write a lot more, maybe an aar, but i'm a bit lazy right now, so.. Oh i forgot, Celian picked up 3 companions when he first entered Calradia. Rolf, Nizar and Lezalit.

"Rolf is a major master freaking super brave fighter, i mean he has the house of Rolf complex but that is gone now i think, one time i saw him going down the hill with about 5 soldiers (rhodok spearmen i think) and i thought damn, now i have to go and help him, but i was surrounded myself so i couldn't, but, the next thing i know, is me watching the messages about - "Rhodok spearman killed by Rolf" - This message poped up a bunch of times and then i see the guy coming up the hill, no shield, only his morning star, filled with blood and then he came to help me. Man i was proud of him that day. If i could recommend him to King Ragnar to make him his vassal that would be super cool.

Lezalit is something else, i mean the dude is just crazy, he doesn't know the word "Fear" and he doesn't drop back. During sieges (when i'm defending something), he's there at the stair end waiting for them to come with his war cleaver and he just slashes them in pieces, man he's young and a crazy bastard.

And finally nizar, who is fast, accurate with his javelins (every companion of mine has a bag of those) and he knows when to raise his shield and when to attack, he's the one i love having in the front line fighting off rhodok seargents (i'm in the middle of a massive war between the Nords and the Rhodoks). He doesn't care if the enemy is wearing a metal helmet, if it's a head and it's still alive he hits it like a lion (his weapon is the same as the vaegir knights, which i don't remember the name)."

(This above was taken from another reply of mine in another post)

PM me so i can send you the save game file. And if you want to know anything else, just ask dood.

EDIT: Using diplomacy + PBOD.

Ethik Mantis said:
There are only two kingdoms, the nords and the khergits, the nords own half of the map, and just some more lands than the khergits, i play for the nords. The thing is, the nords are loosing when it comes to army fighting, because they have about 50 lords while we have only about 30, if not less. And this is starting to grow odd in me, because i fear the day when the nords will have only about 10 lords and we won't have enough power to even raid villages without being taken prisoner.

Is there any solution to prevent this? Because, the nords and i myself can't take down any more castle/town because if we do, there's a chance that their whole army would come to destroy our mission. We're starting to not being able to defend properly because they are just too many, and the nords only have about 4 or 5  of its original lords, which is kinda a problem because the nords are very unstable, which means that the khergits are gaining lands within our borders because the lords just keep on turning to the khergits. My own father-in-law "Jarl Reamald" has already turned once, but i was able to bring him back to the nords, "Jarl Turya" once turned to the khergits too, i brought him back but then he did it again, taking 3 castles with him every time he turned.

Btw, i'm playing diplomacy.

the best thing you can do is to fight and capture lords individually and dont release for ransom.

without lords, they wont be able to muster armies

Ethik Mantis said:
YourStepDad said:
@Ethik Mantis

If you want i have no probs at all. I can send you the save game if you're up to it. Let me take you back to Jarl Celian's origins. (Yeah he's called Celian).

Celian has always been someone in my own head, which means that Celian is already a complex persona. He's fiercly loyal to King Ragnar and he believes in the power of justice, world balance and protecting his family and his closest friends. He can't stand betrayal, which means that everytime someone turns khergit, Jarl Celian goes looking for that traitor. His father-in-law is Jarl Reamald, and Celian is highly loyal to him too. He's probably the only one that Celian actually bothers to save from being held at a castle/town.
Although Celian was at first a freelancer warrior, he was always helping the nords, like villagers, caravans, town masters, lords, the king, etc. Until one day he actually got invited to be a part of this awesome kingdom. He became a lord, and a few months later, after doing so much for the nords, he got his first invitation to become the marshall, and so he did, he fought, and fought, and defended, and fought again. He led the nords to victory against the swadians, the sarranids, the vaegirs and the rhodoks. (This doesn't mean that the nords did all the work, the khergits have always been a strong force in calradia) Now, the final battle has started, 10 rounds of war have already passed, now the khergits and the nords are in round 11. Everytime there is an election for the marshalship, Jarl Celian get's invited, but he always refuses (since the final battle) because he has a lot to do for himself, like take care of his wife, Lady Thera, take care of his fiefs, Wercheg, Yalen, Khudan, Praven, Chalbek Castle, Fearichen (which is his favourite fief) and odasan. Celian, carries an 'army' of 160 men, vaegir and swadian knights, mercenary cavalry, mamlukes, khergit lancers, all mounted units. It seems like having an army like this is the only way to get out always on top of the battles.

I'm sure i could write a lot more, maybe an aar, but i'm a bit lazy right now, so.. Oh i forgot, Celian picked up 3 companions when he first entered Calradia. Rolf, Nizar and Lezalit.

"Rolf is a major master freaking super brave fighter, i mean he has the house of Rolf complex but that is gone now i think, one time i saw him going down the hill with about 5 soldiers (rhodok spearmen i think) and i thought damn, now i have to go and help him, but i was surrounded myself so i couldn't, but, the next thing i know, is me watching the messages about - "Rhodok spearman killed by Rolf" - This message poped up a bunch of times and then i see the guy coming up the hill, no shield, only his morning star, filled with blood and then he came to help me. Man i was proud of him that day. If i could recommend him to King Ragnar to make him his vassal that would be super cool.

Lezalit is something else, i mean the dude is just crazy, he doesn't know the word "Fear" and he doesn't drop back. During sieges (when i'm defending something), he's there at the stair end waiting for them to come with his war cleaver and he just slashes them in pieces, man he's young and a crazy bastard.

And finally nizar, who is fast, accurate with his javelins (every companion of mine has a bag of those) and he knows when to raise his shield and when to attack, he's the one i love having in the front line fighting off rhodok seargents (i'm in the middle of a massive war between the Nords and the Rhodoks). He doesn't care if the enemy is wearing a metal helmet, if it's a head and it's still alive he hits it like a lion (his weapon is the same as the vaegir knights, which i don't remember the name)."

(This above was taken from another reply of mine in another post)

PM me so i can send you the save game file. And if you want to know anything else, just ask dood.

EDIT: Using diplomacy + PBOD.

Alright, you went trough this much trouble, I suppose I can't refuse :smile:

Only one question, what about Artimenner? :mrgreen: He was my first and foremost companion, wonder what happened to him :grin:

Now I remember, Artimenner the engineer, Manrid, Jeremus, Klethi and Rolf - the heart of our fellowship :mrgreen:

So you made the trainer companion an engineer? What is artimmer doing inyour party then, is he the medic instead of Jeremus?

Ethik Mantis said:
One of the 3 companions mentioned above has a high siege skill,i think it's lezalit.
You mean 'Engineer' skill? Or has Diplomacy/PBOD added new skills?
BTW, Artimenner starts with 4 'Engineer' skill.

Oh, and it's an epic fight indeed! Go crush those horse-lovers! :grin:
*Cheer*

EDIT:
Ethik Mantis said:
one time i saw him going down the hill with about 5 soldiers (rhodok spearmen i think) and i thought damn, now i have to go and help him, but i was surrounded myself so i couldn't, but, the next thing i know, is me watching the messages about - "Rhodok spearman killed by Rolf" - This message poped up a bunch of times and then i see the guy coming up the hill, no shield, only his morning star, filled with blood and then he came to help me. Man i was proud of him that day. If i could recommend him to King Ragnar to make him his vassal that would be super cool.
Hah, that reminds me of Ymira, dressed in a Lady-dress and armed with a sword, going mad and hacking a bunch of sea-raiders to pieces... :eek:

Captured Joe said:
Ethik Mantis said:
One of the 3 companions mentioned above has a high siege skill,i think it's lezalit.
You mean 'Engineer' skill? Or has Diplomacy/PBOD added new skills?
BTW, Artimenner starts with 4 'Engineer' skill.

Yes engineer skill, my bad. And i don't like Artimenner that much to have him with me, my 3 companions are all about in level 30, they all are capable of fighting whithout any help, they probably have more health capacity, ironflesh and power strike than me, they have the last 2 skills around number 8.

NEWS: So the khergits were once again kicking our asses but this time the nords weren't fighting back, as in i felt like they were just giving up, i sent 2 of my companions to check out the lord's mood regarding their kingdom, and when i got answers from them i realized that everyone in the nords are enemies with king ragnar while the khergits have a solid kingdom going on.
Then, the next attack was on Curaw, the khergits had taken curaw from us and i decided it was (probably) time to found my own kingdom, where i would rule by the power of world balance and justice, so, after i had taken Curaw back from the khergits, i asked to keep it and as i expected, King Ragnar told me that i had too much fiefs in his realm. Knowing this, i decided to rebel.. The Kingdom of Templars was born! I am the Highly Knight Celian and i will rule to grant justice to those who fight for me. My 3 powerful companions, Rolf, Nizar and Lezalit are now Knights and i managed to get more 2 from the Nords, but, like i was expecting, i became enemy with the nords so i had to fight them, which was quite sad, they didn't even had the power to conquer Curaw back.

Now, after a month, i'm at peace with the Nords and the Khergits, my kingdom has about 30 fiefs, 5 Knights and me, the ruler and the nords are loosing tons of lands to the khergits, but, if everything turns out the way i'm planning, i can recruit almost all the Jarls to become knights in my kingdom, and the ultimate war will start.. When it's time of course.

P.S. - I, for some reason, kept my save game from the time when i was still a Jarl. Dunno why, but i just had to keep it.

Cleomenes said:
Ah I know how you feel! I am in day 2562. Nords vs Khergits too. And i'm in the Nords too. The Khergits took Wercheg :sad:

But anyway, do as Fruitcake told you. start your own kingdom and smash them from two sides. Then, the Khergits are ****ed up :grin:

day 2562!?  :shock:
wow... And I cant barely make it to day 100  :neutral:

YourStepDad said:
AAR?

Can someone enlighten me? o_O

After-action report, basically when people make stories of their time in Warband. Check out Floris' AAR in the Mod Section, Floris Mod Pack, you should see his AAR stickied, it's one of the good ones out there.

Back
Top Bottom