I knew this was coming, but is there any solution? [WON]

Users who are viewing this thread

There are only two kingdoms, the nords and the khergits, the nords own half of the map, and just some more lands than the khergits, i play for the nords. The thing is, the nords are loosing when it comes to army fighting, because they have about 50 lords while we have only about 30, if not less. And this is starting to grow odd in me, because i fear the day when the nords will have only about 10 lords and we won't have enough power to even raid villages without being taken prisoner.

Is there any solution to prevent this? Because, the nords and i myself can't take down any more castle/town because if we do, there's a chance that their whole army would come to destroy our mission. We're starting to not being able to defend properly because they are just too many, and the nords only have about 4 or 5  of its original lords, which is kinda a problem because the nords are very unstable, which means that the khergits are gaining lands within our borders because the lords just keep on turning to the khergits. My own father-in-law "Jarl Reamald" has already turned once, but i was able to bring him back to the nords, "Jarl Turya" once turned to the khergits too, i brought him back but then he did it again, taking 3 castles with him every time he turned.

Btw, i'm playing diplomacy.

Ethik Mantis said:
There are only two kingdoms, the nords and the khergits, the nords own half of the map, and just some more lands than the khergits, i play for the nords. The thing is, the nords are loosing when it comes to army fighting, because they have about 50 lords while we have only about 30, if not less. And this is starting to grow odd in me, because i fear the day when the nords will have only about 10 lords and we won't have enough power to even raid villages without being taken prisoner.

Is there any solution to prevent this? Because, the nords and i myself can't take down any more castle/town because if we do, there's a chance that their whole army would come to destroy our mission. We're starting to not being able to defend properly because they are just too many, and the nords only have about 4 or 5  of its original lords, which is kinda a problem because the nords are very unstable, which means that the khergits are gaining lands within our borders because the lords just keep on turning to the khergits. My own father-in-law "Jarl Reamald" has already turned once, but i was able to bring him back to the nords, "Jarl Turya" once turned to the khergits too, i brought him back but then he did it again, taking 3 castles with him every time he turned.

Btw, i'm playing diplomacy.

Seems like you played this campaign long

Wow, the final battle, the khergits vs the nords.  :shock:
Now there are a few things that you can do that might help the cause, I warn you, some of them are risky but will hopefully get the job done.

Firstly, find any khergit lords you have good relation with and try to convince them to join the nords.  :mrgreen:

secondly, go on a massive recruiting drive on anti cavalary units and counters to any other units that the khergit army has that is giving you trouble and go on the attack. :cool:

Thirdly, try and capture a khergit city ( on the border and far away from lords ) and start your own faction, Then simaltaneously make all your companions Lords and marshals to get more units for counters, align with the nords and blast the khergit from 2 sides. :twisted:

Fourthly, Make your own kingdom and get lords from the enemies side (youll be surprised how many nobles will join your kingdom when you have land on offer.  :roll:

Fifthly, and this is if all else fails, do a leeroy jenkins on the kherjits with max combat on 30, it works but it will take a lot of time and effort.

P.S Capture all lords you defeat fron now on, 1 less noble on the field means about 100 to 50 less enemies to fight :mrgreen:.

Ah I know how you feel! I am in day 2562. Nords vs Khergits too. And i'm in the Nords too. The Khergits took Wercheg :sad:

But anyway, do as Fruitcake told you. start your own kingdom and smash them from two sides. Then, the Khergits are ****ed up :grin:

Yes, it is indeed the final battle, i remember the day i joined the nords, they were heavily under vaegir fire and taking hits from swadia as well, i played a lot before i could finally become the marshall, the nords were holding only 1 town, Thir. And when i became the marshall i went beserk, called every Jarl idiot and the king himself to come with me, and i took Wercheg (King ragnar offered it to me, which was nice) and then i took sargoth too, we were this close of being wiped and i took all the original territory (hm, i guess they only needed a fierce marshall). Now we own half and a bit more of the world, and i currently hold Werched, Praven, Khudan, Yalen, Chalbek Castle, Odasan and Fearichen.

Regarding Fruitcake's answer, well i'm not starting my own kingdom as i ask to become a vassal of King Ragnar and i will fight under his realm until we get our asses totally kicked.

There has been about 6 rounds of war, and by this i mean, once the nords and the khergits were finally alone in the map there as peace for a while, then all hell broke loose, which means every day there was about 5 to 9 villages getting raided, lords were being captured, some managed to escape, caravans got shaked up, villagers were probably crapping their pants and so on. As soon as round 1 was over there was peace that lasted about 5 days only (after the truce of course), second round was on and we took uxchal (is that the correct spelling?), anyway, we took that town, lords from both sides were getting their asses kicked and  rebellion from both sides started happening non-stop. Round 2 was over, there was peace but this one was too a short peace term. Round 3 was on and they took uxchal from us, as well as reyvadin, curaw and khudan (since we were facing the khergits i always refuse to be the marshall, because the nords are very unstable). We were taking heavy losses as nordic lords continued to rebel to the other side. Round 3 was over. Then, when round 4 started, we took uxchal from them and i think that was the only thing that i remember from that round. When round 5 started, oh man, Jarl hamezan was the marshall (he was the marshall of the sarranid as well) and we kicked their asses every single time we had someone of them facing us. So we took every town they had taken from us. In this round, a bunch of strong nordic lords turned to other side, and quickly after peace was declared they had khudan under their arms again. Round 5 was over. Then when round 6 began, i asked king ragnar to follow me and i took khudan with his help (you know, he carries about 500 men so it's really a great help) and he granted khudan to me. (They won't see khudan ever again, you can bet on that). In this round, taking khudan was the only good news, they had taken shariz, and then the nords have taken it back, but then they were together as an army and we couldn't defend their attacks (their whole army as about 4000 men and our whole army as only about 1500). So they had shariz to themselves again. There was peace declared once again, gave me time to put enough patrols around khudan to surprise them. Round 7 is now up and oh boy we are screwed.

Oh i forgot, i run a 160 men party, all mounted, swadian knights, vaegir knights, mercenary cavalry/horseman, sarranid mamlukes, khergit lancers, slaver chiefs you name it. And with only 160 men i can currently take on about 600 to 700 men on field, defending sieges it's a tricky thing with mounted units.

EDIT: It doesn't pay to convince other lords to join the kingdom of nords, they either say that they love the khergits or even if they turn to the nords, there is a chance that they will hold fiefs and they will turn back to the khergtis taking these fiefs with them. And because of that we have a few holes in within our borders.

No matter how ****ed up this sounds...
...try joining the Khergits. I mean.. that seems to be the only solution now. D:

ChloChlo said:
...try joining the Khergits. I mean.. that seems to be the only solution now. D:

No no Chlo. You cant betray the Nords! FUUU  :mad:

Cleomenes said:
ChloChlo said:

No no Chlo. You cant betray the Nords! FUUU  :mad:

Well, if you're forced to do something, then you just do it. Build up a good relation with Khergit lords and then..

...backstab them.

I've discovered this game a few years back, and the first time i enter the mount and blade world there's only one faction where i feel like e belong, the nords. And since the first time i entered calradia, i've only joined king ragnar's faction. So i won't be changing sides like those idiots dide in my game.

Also, they have taken reyvadin from us, and now they own the area around dhirim, like rodoghir castle, tibault castle, dramug castle, reindi castle, telrhog castle, knudarr castle and kelderan castle, this whole area when/if the nords can get access to it, it will make a major difference in gameplay, this is a very powerful area. They tried to take curaw too, right after they took reyvadin, but we managed to waste aprox. 1600 khergit men. So although it was a shame to loose reyvadin, at least we got about 70% of their army down.

Leave all your troops in a garrison, along with all your armour and your denars.

Get a horse if you can afford one - and travel to far-away enemy castles and scout them. If they have a small amount of troops there, and if you think you can handle it; do try besieging them.

Look at it this way-

Nords= All unmounted

Khergits= All mounted

Join the Khergits and bring an army of Lancers, then fight the Nords on the plains of the Sarranid Sultanate. Your first charge should wipe about 40-50 Nords if you are lucky, then your troops should work on 'em good.

Either that, or just bring 200 Huscarls and just go on a siege rampage, but don't fight any Lords directly. You should own at all the sieges and capture tons of land with your troops.

@TheGrim - The thing is, it's not about mounted vs unmounted you know, it's about every unit type vs any unit type, they have lords that belonged to the swadians, the vaegirs, the sarranid and the rhodoks. The nords also have lords from every faction, including khergits, and oh boy, they have tons of nordic lords.

The thing is, peace is not a solution because if we breathe, they breathe, and war is devastating from both sides but specially for us. Asking for lords to join the nords it's a tricky thing, because if they do join us, as i said before, there's a chance that they will turn again. But King Ragnar is taking the best measures a king can possibly take in this situations, briefly after the ending of truce terms, he declares war (with the excuse of taking back lost lands), which in my opinion is the best move, because we can't allow them to rest long enough to raise a fully strong army back up. But then again, the nordic lords are already wondering if King Ragnar is only declaring war just to have as much land as possible.

Right now it's 27 lords against 50. I wonder if i had my own kingdom started, other lords from both sides would see me as a great king to turn to, you know, because i have no enemy in my character menu and i also have tons of friends, 99 right to rule, i have a wife, a lot of honour, that stuff.

Ethik Mantis said:
@TheGrim - The thing is, it's not about mounted vs unmounted you know, it's about every unit type vs any unit type, they have lords that belonged to the swadians, the vaegirs, the sarranid and the rhodoks. The nords also have lords from every faction, including khergits, and oh boy, they have tons of nordic lords.

The thing is, peace is not a solution because if we breathe, they breathe and war is devastating from both sides but specially for us. Asking for lords to join the nords it's a tricky thing, because if they do join us, as i said before, there's a change that they will turn again. But King Ragnar is taking the best measures a king can possibly take in this situations, briefly after the ending of truce terms, he declares war (with the excuse of taking back lost lands), which in my opinion is the best move, because we can't allow them to rest long enough to raise a fully strong army back up. But then again, the nordic lords are already wondering if King Ragnar is only declaring war just to have as much land as possible.

Right now it's 27 lords against 50. I wonder if i had my own kingdom started, other lords from both sides would see me as a great king to turn to, you know, because i have no enemy in my character menu and i also have tons of friends, 99 right to rule, i have a wife, a lot of honour, that stuff.

A lot of honor, renown, and right to rule? What are you waiting for? Make your own kingdom! Both kings should easily recognize you, jesus, what have you been waiting for with 99 RTR?

I'm not sure my deep wishes are to let King Ragnar faint away and become just a legend, but on the other hand if i had my own kingdom started and then the khergits would take out the nords, oh man i would be so pissed!

What options do i have to become king? I know of 2, rebel after taking a castle/town because King Ragnar didn't granted it to me, and to unvassal my way out of the nords and declare war on the khergits taking one of their castles and therefore, become a king.

Ethik Mantis said:
I'm not sure my deep wishes are to let King Ragnar faint away and become just a legend, but on the other hand if i had my own kingdom started and then the khergits would take out the nords, oh man i would be so pissed!

What options do i have to become king? I know of 2, rebel after taking a castle/town because King Ragnar didn't granted it to me, and to unvassal my way out of the nords and declare war on the khergits taking one of their castles and therefore, become a king.

I'm pretty sure that's it.

But you seriously should. If you have Diplomacy, then you can convince Ragnar to fight with you, and then you could move up from within the Khergit's territory to crush them while the Nords move in from the borders.

I found one of the best strategies is to use your troops strategically on the map... "OH MY!! ARMY OF 2032 COMING STRAIGHT AT ME!"
The best solution is to run away, let some guys who follow you take it, then try to get some Khergit stragglers who didn't get into the massive rape and attack them with your big army.
Cut the army down as much as you can for each battle. Plus, with Nords they are l33t infantry, so try and huddle your guys up together when facing against cavalry.

That's what i always do, instead of facing the army, i sneak behind them to catch some who didn't joined the fight against a foe, i usually take down half of the army with these moves. I think my only advantage is my party type, all mounted and all deadly.

Quixote said:
Yeah, no sense leeroy jenkising every army you come across :cool:

Unless you are me, and are a badass with a force of 70 Swadian Knights and 70 Veteran Horse Archers!

With high pathfinding I'm going around at like, 8-9 speed, catching armies as they flee from battles and taking prisoners left and right.

My life is a fast one, and an awesome one.

Back
Top Bottom