I just wanted to have fun

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revverie

Take a break (2 weeks)
Oh here I come, lets play again oh, oh what's this I'm doing tournaments again. Why, what the hell am I doing with my life, this was fun like the first few years?!? But now? This is literally the same crap, but even worse, oh my god, someone send me help this doesn't make any senze

Is that what a mental breakdown looks like? Two whiny threads in a matter of 10 minutes... You should go outside or like watch a movie dude.
Bannerlord is a great game, but it doesn't have to be your whole life, u know. There are other ways to have fun too.

I suppose it depends on your definitions as well as preference. Still, if you feel like it's worse than I described, it makes my point better.
I don't think any of us think it is an awful game, just that it doesn't seem like it will meet its potential - seemingly because of choices being made by the studio rather than practical limitations or incapability. It's also so unique, you can't just play something similar to satiate the desire.

I don't think any of us think it is an awful game, just that it doesn't seem like it will meet its potential - seemingly because of choices being made by the studio rather than practical limitations or incapability. It's also so unique, you can't just play something similar to satiate the desire.
Just checked my Steam library and didn't find a single game meeting its potential. Maybe Portal.
Doesn't mean criticism isn't justified.

This, the game is good even more so that it's unique, almost a game gender in itself with no competition beyond the previous games of the same series.

But being good doesn't mean the game can't be criticized, it has so much potential to be better, to become legendary and they have this kickass modable engine that can achieve things we could only dream about in warband but the management of the company is restricting the game's potential for... reasons.

Just checked my Steam library and didn't find a single game meeting its potential. Maybe Portal.
Doesn't mean criticism isn't justified.
Well few games have the sort of potential that Bannerlord does. I'd never expect a game to live up to my fantasy of what it could be but the fact that there seems to be resistance to some very basic things like more diplomatic options etc. etc. is just... idk, I just don't understand why you'd limit things in that way as a game studio. Seems like modders have more passion for the game than its creators do a lot of the time.

This is just thread spam... nothing of value is added by this thread.
This, the game is good even more so that it's unique, almost a game gender in itself with no competition beyond the previous games of the same series.

But being good doesn't mean the game can't be criticized, it has so much potential to be better, to become legendary and they have this kickass modable engine that can achieve things we could only dream about in warband but the management of the company is restricting the game's potential for... reasons.
This is a very reasonable statement. I personally have loved the x many hundreds of hours I have got out of Bannerlord thus far. Could the game be better? Certainly - but I can't take complaints calling the game bad or TW incompetent seriously. They have pretty much personally created a new game genre and Bannerlord is the best in class; I just want it to reach its potential.

This is a very reasonable statement. I personally have loved the x many hundreds of hours I have got out of Bannerlord thus far. Could the game be better? Certainly - but I can't take complaints calling the game bad or TW incompetent seriously. They have pretty much personally created a new game genre and Bannerlord is the best in class; I just want it to reach its potential.
Agreed, it's more that people like to vent their frustrations sometimes and get too carried out, i'm guilty of this too.

I love this series, i like bannerlord and just want it to become a worthy successor of warband's legacy, the game has some flaws and dubious design choices and i just hope TW becomes more open to community feedback, not the rants of course but the real deal, there is tons of very indepth threads talking about basically each feature, how they are bad right now and how they could be vastly improved.

a shiny example is this one about armors: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...t-doesnt-work-and-how-to-make-it-work.426296/

I think the RPG element in the current game is not enough, and the artificial intelligence is not good enough, which result to lack of vitality in the game world, so players are bored.

Picture of Axios fighting his own brain questioning if he should give my troll thread more visibility or if he should jump right in into the bait to sound intelligent on a dying game's forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom