I just don't get TW priorities.

Users who are viewing this thread

Akka

Sergeant at Arms
It's no secret that there is some sort of disconnect between what the community expects and what TW delivers when it comes to updates. I do believe that a good chunk of it is due to differences in vision and to technical/organizational priorities that are difficult to fully understand when you're an outsider.

But there definitely is one point at least where I really don't even understand TW's rhyme or reason, and it's armours.
Armours being far too inefficient and blunt tearing through anything in a weird fashion are two of the most ancient and recurring complaints. They are absolutely central to the core and gameplay loop of the game (as they affect fighting and gearing), so it's not like if they were of secondary importance or rarely used. And yet, it's been months without any significant change, despite both being completely broken.

More puzzling, though, is that TW did a big pass over most units armour rating lately. Seemingly trying to balance units between factions on this point. And this is really something I can't get : how can you balance armour on units when the armour mechanics themselves aren't working ? The whole balance pass has no meaning if the working of armour change later.
So logic would dictate that you FIRST makes armour formula work, and THEN you balance armour ratings.

Help us understand, TW, please, because it's certainly not making sense from here.
Why has something so crucial as armours not being looked at for so long ?
Why is there balance passes made when the mechanics on which the balance relies aren't yet working ?
@Callum @mexxico @armagan ? Could we get some light on what is the method here ? And possibly what are the plans about it ?

It really does feel like there is a disconnect between what the fans expect of the game and the game TW is making. I think it really boils down to them going all in on the field battles for a bigger audience.

Looking at the decisions with the armor it really feels like they wanted to take the tactics out of the game to a simple archer, infantry, cavalry. Instead of having each one play differently to force you to know what units our good at and how to use them you can just simply charge your troops in.

I think the point of the game is to be an action game with some RPG boxes to tick off. Maybe they haven't implemented these elements but I really think TW just had a far different idea of what Bannerlord was going to be.

Must be kidding me with these armor stuff ^^ Im wearing hvy armor now and i feel pretty safe on highest difficulty setting. Same goes for my heavy armor troops. They can take pretty good beating before they go down. Idk about this community who wants even more pinjatas on the battlefield but after the last buff i found this game to be easy both for me as a player and with all the infantry i can spit up to tier 5 without even sweating they have become quite formidable against the AI who cant get them in the same rate as me. Its okish now but still you guys want to push for more xD And dont get me started with the horse buff in both HP and Armor which the community got xD

Problem i can see it is the arrow speed bonus which sometimes can 90% hit you thru your armor but its rare since most of the times it only does around 5-20% which is weak for highest difficulty standards acc to me

Last edited:
If you believe their glassdoor reviews, it seems they have no overarching plans, design direction and project planning, so it's up to bold individuals to drive the development of the game with good suggestions and working demos, as long the bosses like them.

With limited community management, it also seems it's up to each individual developpers to read through the forums to see the suggestions.
My guess is that the guy designing units understood the armor issue and tried to fix it at his level, but the guy coding the armor/damage calculations think everything's fine.

The result we get updates in patchwork from different areas with each department kinda ... improvising ?

Must be kidding me with these armor stuff ^^ Im wearing hvy armor now and i feel pretty safe on highest difficulty setting. Same goes for my heavy armor troops. They can take pretty good beating before they go down. Idk about this community who wants even more pinjatas on the battlefield but after the last buff i found this game to be easy both for me as a player and with all the infantry i can spit up to tier 5 without even sweating they have become quite formidable against the AI who cant get them in the same rate as me

Problem i can see it is the arrow speed bonus which sometimes can 90% hit you thru your armor but its rare since most of the times it only does around 5-20% which is weak for highest difficulty standards acc to me
That is because hardly any troops use Blunt damage, but you as the player who wants to play with those weapons becomes an unstoppable killing machine

Also the AI is horribly bad, that the only way anyone can kill you in the game is by completely outnumbering you. Unless you play on a touchscreen with broken screen, other than that i can't see how anyone can ever die in this game.

That is because hardly any troops use Blunt damage, but you as the player who wants to play with those weapons becomes an unstoppable killing machine
Not true but yeah if you want more armor values you are going to be even more ^^

Now they gave vlandian recruits one handed maces instead of polearms (1.5.5), but i didn't test how they'd fare against high level troops

The difference between elite armor and a tunic is really about 3 hits. You can take 12 damage from a looters rock with the best armor in the game while not speeding on a horse; I have seen this many times. It's 14 or 16 damage naked from looter's rocks. This is not balanced at all, it's a mosh pit of one to three hit kills made for people who enjoy COD tactics with fruit fly attention spans.

Well then show me the Units ingame that use Blunt damage
Record it yourself :smile: Think Vladians had t5 troops before with maces ? Think they switched to swords because of the community's request which was a shame (Or never mind i see they still got some)---Maces are good weapons in this game but not as OP as the glaives :wink: Think they land around same amount as swords, little bit higher

Last edited:
Record it yourself :smile: Think Vladians had t5 troops before with maces ? Think they switched to swords because of the community's request which was a shame, Maces are good weapons in this game but not as OP as the glaives :wink:
We don't care. The subject is about asking TW about their priorities and why some of them seems to make no sense, not about you AGAIN explaining how you are so good at the game. Stop derailing every thread with your spammy posturing.

Record it yourself :smile: Think Vladians had t5 troops before with maces ? Think they switched to swords because of the community's request which was a shame, Maces are good weapons in this game but not as OP as the glaives :wink: Think they land around same amount as swords, little bit higher
I forgot that you are nothing more than an unreasonable guy.

But back to topic, i can absolutely understand your concern. Armor and Weapon Values in this game are all over the place and make no sense at all.
Gearing is little to no priority in Bannerlord. You are more than good to go with equipment that is worth around 3k gold as you are with 50k gold per slot.

We don't care. The subject is about asking TW about their priorities and why some of them seems to make no sense, not about you AGAIN explaining how you are so good at the game. Stop derailing every thread with your spammy posturing.
Where have i said that LOL Now thats in your own head... and derailing you said ? were discussing armor here arent we ? which you with your poisonous thread after threads wanting to buff. We have been circle jerking with these kinds of stuff for a long time now and we can clearly see that its taking alot of the production time for nothing. Archers to OP and to accurate...nope didnt see that in the past except for the player skill.....Cavalry horses and armor to weak...nope they where pretty beefy before...Armor buff went thru and now you can take an arrow to the chest with only 9 points damage with 45 armor which is a joke...what more....and still you guys are complaining that it takes so long xD no wonder..,..

I mean you want to force in some advance armor stuff in to this game so everyone needs to micromanage their troops including yourself and your army in to details...How do you expect that would be when most people couldn't even manage their own cavalry right nor the berserkers and needed a change to adjust it to be better gameplay for them

And its not only the damage making you need to count in to the line with this process of balance making. Ex maces are good weapons to since they guarantee you getting another prisoner from that

Last edited:
If armour was behaving irl as it is in this game then noone would use it lol Drastic battle mod is a must unfortunately except if you like easy game mode with F1-F3 as Shinobi is such a big fun of 20s battles....

If armour was behaving irl as it is in this game then noone would use it lol Drastic battle mod is a must unfortunately except if you like easy game mode with F1-F3 as Shinobi is such a big fun of 20s battles....
You just want the buff so you guys can feel like supermans just because they cant handle the highest settings and to cheese the **** out of low tier troops without risk xD

This is what it has came to when an mediumish armored troop can tank **** tons of swords ^^ and now they want more lol pathetic

final_5fbc0ea27486d800b6a89a88_425049.gif

Imagine i give you "best answer" response.

Imagine someone having to use alt accounts to make his points heard xD

Dude im even using a mod so all recruits start at T2 for everyone so No we dont want to feel like ''supermans'' we could do that already by lowering the damage received from game options duh,we just want longer battles so strategy matters but it seems kids like F1-F3 or spamming archers....

Dude im even using a mod so all recruits start at T2 for everyone so No we dont want to feel like ''supermans'' we could do that already by lowering the damage received from game options duh,we just want longer battles so strategy matters but it seems kids like F1-F3 or spamming archers....
Ok show me a full game on highest difficulty setting when youre being an infantry man so you can sell me this things because all i see is talk nothing else in these conversations...If i saw something solid i would have agreed and worked for that. But since last armor buffs that was so requested it has become worse in my opinion. And you think you having hvy armor along with your horse and troops will help balancing your income against low tier troops farming? How would that work ? tell me pls

Back
Top Bottom