I hope TW won't give up on MP

Users who are viewing this thread

The problem is is that they had made a good game, Warband, but instead of looking at it and seeing what worked and what didn't, they came up with a bunch of crazy new ideas that no one wanted.

They refused to listen to their beta players, and now the game's a mess. I still play Warband mp, and even though I do worse score wise, I still have a lot more fun.

I have no doubt about the dev's passion for this game, but I think their ideas suck.

But the 'bones' of the game are there, and I think modders will do some amazing work with it.

Native Warband didn't have any progression, but we played it for years. The issue isn't lack of players/cosmetics/rank system - it's that I get bored after an hour.

Big love to the devs, no disrespect - I believe that changes would help the game thrive, whether that's by TW or modders.

Native Warband didn't have any progression, but we played it for years. The issue isn't lack of players/cosmetics/rank system - it's that I get bored after an hour.

To reiterate: CS:GO isn't addictive because of skins; you could play CS:GO for years without having a single dope skin. It's addictive because it's fun.

To reiterate: CS:GO isn't addictive because of skins; you could play CS:GO for years without having a single dope skin. It's addictive because it's fun.
CS:GO doesn't fit into the "fun" category, it's far more about it having the highest skill ceiling in the fps genre. I think the reason why warband MP did so well despite it being a niche game is because it attracted the pepole looking for a high skill challange with its combat system, as well as allowing casuals to have fun in thier own way (custom servers, events, battle gamemode).
Bannerlord doesn't attract either type of player and I wish TW would just pick a side instead of trying to mediate between the two.

Yeah, go on the bashing for all you want, but regarding the skill ceiling I have to say that both games just work different. You see people playing Warband for 10 years or smth basicly feed since they can't adapt and people coming out of nowhere with not having touched M&B MP before being super strong players in MP.

The skill ceiling is probably just as high as for Warband I guess, both games behave different and I will be brutally honest about "Warband Veterans" not liking the game in this aspect, I'd say it's partially because they're getting smashed. And the ego is too big after all these years to not be super dope in what should be their territory. Why do I think this? Well, because I've been there, I quit Warband 2018 for good after touring mods and back then I already stopped tryharding for some time.
The lockdown resulted in me going tryhard in Bannerlord again. And it was brutal to relearn the combat, to adapt to new mechanics, yadda yadda. The difference is that I knew that I had to expect this, since I quit the game ~2 years already and thanks to **** gear did have not the option to grind beta hours to get the rust off before EA dropped.
The result is what we see now: bunch of other people taking over the competitive scene and those who "remain" in Warband laugh at them and vice versa. Everyone played Warband in the past, but it's not the nobility of old and there's fresh blood running around.

I'd like to add also regarding this that the community did a lot of work to 'fix' Warband as well with developing admin tools, fixing map glitches (which were later on taken into the official build), and at some lucky, glorious point they made archers slower to prevent endless kiting of death. I even remember the big bawling when the fully turnable kickslash was fixed, people proclaimed the end of Warband combat back then and ragequit the franchise iirc.
I doubt all of you guys who praise Warband would've liked the game the way it was at release, but back then it was the first time a game like this was entering MP I guess so ofc there's way more leniency and I think there also just a few around which actually were present and playing at release so the ****ty things which the MP had back then are long forgotten. And over the years the developers only expanded the modding support for Warband to become the gem we all loved so much.

Last edited:
Yeah, go on the bashing for all you want, but regarding the skill ceiling I have to say that both games just work different. You see people playing Warband for 10 years or smth basicly feed since they can't adapt and people coming out of nowhere with not having touched M&B MP before being super strong players in MP.

The skill ceiling is probably just as high as for Warband I guess, both games behave different and I will be brutally honest about "Warband Veterans" not liking the game in this aspect, I'd say it's partially because they're getting smashed. And the ego is too big after all these years to not be super dope in what should be their territory. Why do I think this? Well, because I've been there, I quit Warband 2018 for good after touring mods and back then I already stopped tryharding for some time.
The lockdown resulted in me going tryhard in Bannerlord again. And it was brutal to relearn the combat, to adapt to new mechanics, yadda yadda. The difference is that I knew that I had to expect this, since I quit the game ~2 years already and thanks to **** gear did have not the option to grind beta hours to get the rust off before EA dropped.
The result is what we see now: bunch of other people taking over the competitive scene and those who "remain" in Warband laugh at them and vice versa. Everyone played Warband in the past, but it's not the nobility of old and there's fresh blood running around.

I'd like to add also regarding this that the community did a lot of work to 'fix' Warband as well with developing admin tools, fixing map glitches (which were later on taken into the official build), and at some lucky, glorious point they made archers slower to prevent endless kiting of death. I even remember the big bawling when the fully turnable kickslash was fixed, people proclaimed the end of Warband combat back then and ragequit the franchise iirc.
I doubt all of you guys who praise Warband would've liked the game the way it was at release, but back then it was the first time a game like this was entering MP I guess so ofc there's way more leniency and I think there also just a few around which actually were present and playing at release so the ****ty things which the MP had back then are long forgotten. And over the years the developers only expanded the modding support for Warband to become the gem we all loved so much.
I'm a Warband veteran, and I still play it. In Warband I'm near the middle of the board if the regulars are playing, while in Bannerlord I'm consistently near the top... and I don't play cav because its ridiculously stupidly easy.

It takes a few rounds to get used to the sluggishness of Bannerlord after Warband, but it's easy to get the hang of. The one thing you can't do is fight off multiple players since there is no team damage, but you can usually kill one or two before the spam gets you.

But a few of my better Warband veteran friends posted pics of their ridiculous scores in Bannerlord. It was all like 23-3 kd, a lot better than I could ever do. But they made their point, but got bored because they didn't have fun so they never played again.

So please don't tell me that Warband fans couldn't adapt. It's just too slow and stupid for them.

Cosmetics won't save this game, actually fun and engaging gameplay will (friendly reminder Warband stayed alive all these years because of this)

Give up? LOL. It isn't even released yet...

Contrary to popular belief this game is still under development, as in, it is still being made, it is not finished. So please stop treating each patch as the one final patch and this the final form of the game.

ESPECIALLY THE MULTIPLAYER where most of the core MP features haven't even been implemented yet, and there are MANY parts we are planning to improve upon.

Next patch(es) are going to be pretty big.

Last edited:
Sneak peek? :iamamoron:
Well, there is the Ranged Combat Overhaul which comes with many AI improvements, troop, perk and weapon changes.
Crush through only works with slow 2 handed mace/mauls and no damage spike (bug).
Observer mode
Siege Crash fix (finally ?)
Improvements to all MP features and more etc etc

Don't know how they will be placed out in the patches exactly since some of these are getting final testing atm,

Give up? LOL. It isn't even released yet...

Contrary to popular belief this game is still under development, as in, it is still being made, it is not finished. So please stop treating each patch as the one final patch and this the final form of the game.

ESPECIALLY THE MULTIPLAYER where most of the core MP features haven't even been implemented yet, and there are MANY parts we are planning to improve upon.

Next patch(es) are going to be pretty big.
Don't do that. Don't give me hope.
Think im gonna cry.

Well, there is the Ranged Combat Overhaul which comes with many AI improvements, troop, perk and weapon changes.
Crush through only works with slow 2 handed mace/mauls and no damage spike (bug).
Observer mode
Siege Crash fix (finally ?)
Improvements to all MP features and more etc etc

Don't know how they will be placed out in the patches exactly since some of these are getting final testing atm,
If the siege crashing will be fixed next patch does that mean we can get persistent servers now?

Back
Top Bottom