I hope TW won't give up on MP

Users who are viewing this thread

Bannerlord is the only game I know that is subject to a constant flow of hate despite it's developers not committing any major gaming world sins like micro transactions, scamming people, politics etc. If you look at the forums every other thread is filled with negativity and it goes for a really long time now. I wonder how by now TW guys find motivation to get up everyday and continue working on the game despite being throw up with sh*t all the time. I hope they won't give up and we have our warband 2 eventually.

The devs receive payment for their work, which is one of their motivations among others. "Hate" is in no way directed at the devs (people) but rather at some of their decisions that in the eyes of the community compromise the game in a bad shape.

While some of the stuff is being shared across the player base (like the custom servers) on others the community appears to be split as well. Some ppl say archers are too weak, others say too powerful.
Some people like the recent changes to shock troops (I do) others despise even the thought of twohanders being a thing and want swo/bo forever.
Some people claim cav is still OP, some others say it's heavily underpowered and needs to be buffed.

Many games have not done any of those "big sins" you talk about in their sequel, but contrary to your belief. The lack of those doesn't mean the game deserves full praise

Nah I'm kinda glad MP is dead now as it wouldn't survive the influx of players long.

What I hope happens is a big launch on full release which attracts a big player base which is there to stay. With a big base you can actually make a ranked system and balance the game optimally.
If we get a big influx of players now it will just die again and be hard to revive. IMO they should focus on getting a good game on full release.

Maybe something to achieve, like milestones, ranks or cosmetics you have to achieve via playing, not just playing for nothing can make an attraction. Obviously custom servers are needed for MP to be revived but its nowhere near.

Maybe something to achieve, like milestones, ranks or cosmetics you have to achieve via playing, not just playing for nothing can make an attraction. Obviously custom servers are needed for MP to be revived but its nowhere near.
For the multiplayer to be revived it's not just custom servers, it's attention to what makes Native good aswell. It's not like that mods can fix everything on their own, the foundation should be the native module or vanilla at least.

Devs have already made their money ten fold, there's no motivation to do anything anymore.

I dont think the Devs get to share the profits.

But what you're forgetting is that Taleworlds makes only one game. Mount & Blade.
Its their child, they birthed it, changed its diapers, nurtured it, fed it, clothed it and loved it to bits.

Developers dont join TaleWorlds from all over the world because they hate working on M&B (their only game).

I think they are absolutely motivated and they stay motivated by not looking on the forums.
One look at these topics and they're like: Fcck me, are we pouring our love, souls and energy into the game for these ungrateful ccnts?

Imagine you're a baker, JimmyCakes. And all you ever see on your baking facebookpage is shtty reviews from people who think you cakes taste like ass. Would you continue baking with the same enthousiasm or just quit?

But what you're forgetting is that Taleworlds makes only one game. Mount & Blade.
Its their child, they birthed it, changed its diapers, nurtured it, fed it, clothed it and loved it to bits.

Developers dont join TaleWorlds from all over the world because they hate working on M&B (their only game).

I think they are absolutely motivated and they stay motivated by not looking on the forums.
One look at these topics and they're like: Fcck me, are we pouring our love, souls and energy into the game for these ungrateful ccnts?

Imagine you're a baker, JimmyCakes. And all you ever see on your baking facebookpage is shtty reviews from people who think you cakes taste like ass. Would you continue baking with the same enthousiasm or just quit?
You would take the bad reviews and see what's wrong with the cake. Because in the end you're selling the cakes for the consumers, you're selling a product.

Who's talking about the low level slaves? Company leadership comes from the top, if they are greedy and selfish it affects the rest of the team. I think the CEO cares anymore

You would take the bad reviews and see what's wrong with the cake. Because in the end you're selling the cakes for the consumers, you're selling a product.

Ofcourse, but the actual bad reviews of Bannerlord are severely outweighed by the good ones. But in regards to the OP, its the other way around in the forums. So I can understand why dev's would get demotivated by just looking at the forums. And on the forums they have to filter through 95% garbage, unconstructive criticism, praise-be-soon's and unfounded off-topic chatter.

People who dislike something are more inclined to say so than those who do like something, that is and always will be the case. And thats not bad, but we have to remember that. These forums do not represent the overall opinion of the game.

Who's talking about the low level slaves? Company leadership comes from the top, if they are greedy and selfish it affects the rest of the team. I think the CEO cares anymore

Well, you we're talking about Devs who we're filling their pockets. Are you saying their low level slaves or company leadership?

And if company leadership was greedy they'd sell the company, not build a franchise.

Think about what it is you want to say before you slam your head into your keyboard and press post..

Ofcourse, but the actual bad reviews of Bannerlord are severely outweighed by the good ones. But in regards to the OP, its the other way around in the forums. So I can understand why dev's would get demotivated by just looking at the forums. And on the forums they have to filter through 95% garbage, unconstructive criticism, praise-be-soon's and unfounded off-topic chatter.

People who dislike something are more inclined to say so than those who do like something, that is and always will be the case. And thats not bad, but we have to remember that. These forums do not represent the overall opinion of the game.
The problem is that while the forums might not represent the general population, it's not enough to just say there isn't a problem when there clearly is looking at the MP population. You could say "unfinished" but there isn't enough progress going to actually except the multiplayer to be done anytime soon

Just an image: I just got crushed through (and died) shielding an attack from a guy riding a horse, after which he crashed into a wall but the horse didn't quite care (imagine rushing a horse into a wall in any other videogame, leave aside in real life).

It's not hate, it's a mix of feelings due to the current state of the multiplayer of a game developed for so long, which is complex and deep in it's own way, but far from engaging. The result is partialy due to THD being deaf to most of the community complains.

It's a boring repetition of dead ends and feature exploits, and ultimately a sucession of 'as fun as pulling a teeth out' moments like the one described above. Fun if you're into that however.

Nah I'm kinda glad MP is dead now as it wouldn't survive the influx of players long.

What I hope happens is a big launch on full release which attracts a big player base which is there to stay. With a big base you can actually make a ranked system and balance the game optimally.
If we get a big influx of players now it will just die again and be hard to revive. IMO they should focus on getting a good game on full release.
maybe if they communicated with us we could make it a reality

Absolutely! I agree with both of you, dont get me wrong.

Bannerlord had a playerbase that peaked at 250.000. 3 Months later its not even 10% of that.

I think TaleWorlds set wrong expectations of what the game in early access would be.
Unfinished is, well, I mean. You have 'unfinished' and 'not ready for release'. Bannerlord was the latter.
Its enormous amount of crashes quickly got rid of most players, who labeled it, justifiable so: unplayable.

But Bannerlords also didnt pick up the pace to keep the remaining players happy. Ofcourse, we can only assume on what the process of improving a game entails, since we're (me) not developers. But every company in the world knows that if you develop and distribute a product that does not live up to either set or expected expectations, you have to communicatie. Communicate what you're doing, when you're doing it and when it is ready.

So to get back on topic, and I've said this before, this toxic culture on this forum is cultivated by TW's lack of communication itself.
Devoted players dont feel heard in the way they want to, so they lash out. We're all children crying for mama's attention. And if we dont get it, we rebel and act out in hopes to be heard.

TW's could turn the forums, filled with devoted (and sometimes critical) players, in a place they do want to look at for constructive criticism. But only if they re-set the expectations.

Back
Top Bottom